Theory: Is It Morally Right to Kill the Wall of Flesh? (Deleted)

What should I investigate next?

• How did the remaining Dryad survive?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • What is the Old Man's past?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (Please put ideas in responses)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, the guide being the wall of flesh isn’t a popular theory because you kill him, it’s popular because it’s seen as the guide testing you to see if you are worthy and ready for hardmode. The guide actually comes back soon after, anyway. So it’s not like you’re genuinely destroying him.

Actually, the guide being the wall of flesh isn’t a popular theory because you kill him, it’s popular because it’s seen as the guide testing you to see if you are worthy and ready for hardmode. The guide actually comes back soon after, anyway. So it’s not like you’re genuinely destroying him.
True, but I don't believe too much in that theory, anyway. (Though it is a legit possibility.) But the lore says that the Hallow serves "the core and guardian," which I believe is the Wall of Flesh. The lore says that once the core is destroyed, the Hallow tries to find a new guardian. That is why the Hallow only appears in Hard Mode, and also supports the idea that the Wall of Flesh DOES die when you defeat it. But again, those are just my thoughts.

Is it morally right to kill the moon lord? It seems as if the moon lord is just vengeful because we killed at least 400 pillar enemies, as well as the pillars themselves. He tries to make up for all of their lives slain by attempting to take ours.

True, but I don't believe too much in that theory, anyway. (Though it is a legit possibility.) But the lore says that the Hallow serves "the core and guardian," which I believe is the Wall of Flesh. The lore says that once the core is destroyed, the Hallow tries to find a new guardian. That is why the Hallow only appears in Hard Mode, and also supports the idea that the Wall of Flesh DOES die when you defeat it. But again, those are just my thoughts.
A significant plot hole with the official lore is that the world created the Corruption as a way to "balance life" and then proceeded to do everything in it's power to stop it for some unexplained reason.

Is it morally right to kill the moon lord? It seems as if the moon lord is just vengeful because we killed at least 400 pillar enemies, as well as the pillars themselves. He tries to make up for all of their lives slain by attempting to take ours.
It is morally right to kill the Moon Lord. The Moon Lord is a weakened state of Cthulhu, who tried to conquer all of Terraria. We battle the Moon Lord in order to stop him from becoming Cthulhu again and taking over all of Terraria.

Bestiary states that the Pillars existed as a last ditch effort to hold back the Moon Lord. It’s probably wrong to kill the Pillars, but between the Cultist and the Moon Lord’s descriptions ingame and in the Bestiary, the Moon Lord is set up as pretty damn evil.

Bestiary states that the Pillars existed as a last ditch effort to hold back the Moon Lord. It’s probably wrong to kill the Pillars, but between the Cultist and the Moon Lord’s descriptions ingame and in the Bestiary, the Moon Lord is set up as pretty damn evil.
The Moon Lord is evil, and you're right about the Pillars, for the Moon Lord only appears after all Pillars are defeated. Just like how I feel about the Wall of Flesh, defeating the Pillars and allowing the Moon Lord to come is wrong, but ends up being made up for in the end after killing the Moon Lord.

Similarly with town NPCs being slain, I'm not sure, if slain bosses actually die for good, because you can rematch them. there are also other things, like EoC flying in the background at night sometimes, even after you defeated it.
So, I think it's more like, you fought, won, the boss is defeated, but not dead. Same goes for the Wall of Flesh too.

It can be however that its power is weakened, and that's why the hallow is there as a new guardian. plus, the seal is broken, so even if WoF is still there, the spirits of light and darkness are already released. (also, the hallow itself was sealed away. for whatever reason.)

(in fact, the theory would be more evil if the guide is NOT the WoF, since then he would be just "the sacrifice" for WoF. sacrificing him sounds more evil than challanging him XD)

It's an interesting moral question though if defeating WoF is bad or not, because the world in its pre-hardmode state, especially late pre-hardmode, is pretty calm and tame. You break this state most likely large part due to greed and thirts for more power, since hardmode can offer much more. But so, you break the ancient seal out of your own greed. it's not necessarily evil per-se, but morally, minimum very questionable XD

Similarly with town NPCs being slain, I'm not sure, if slain bosses actually die for good, because you can rematch them. there are also other things, like EoC flying in the background at night sometimes, even after you defeated it.
So, I think it's more like, you fought, won, the boss is defeated, but not dead. Same goes for the Wall of Flesh too.

It can be however that its power is weakened, and that's why the hallow is there as a new guardian. plus, the seal is broken, so even if WoF is still there, the spirits of light and darkness are already released. (also, the hallow itself was sealed away. for whatever reason.)

(in fact, the theory would be more evil if the guide is NOT the WoF, since then he would be just "the sacrifice" for WoF. sacrificing him sounds more evil than challanging him XD)

It's an interesting moral question though if defeating WoF is bad or not, because the world in its pre-hardmode state, especially late pre-hardmode, is pretty calm and tame. You break this state most likely large part due to greed and thirts for more power, since hardmode can offer much more. But so, you break the ancient seal out of your own greed. it's not necessarily evil per-se, but morally, minimum very questionable XD
You do have a point that the Wall of Flesh may not necessarily be dead after you defeat it! And you're right, if the guide isn't the Wall of Flesh, it does make the theory more evil! XD I am extremely glad you do like the idea of this moral discussion! I appreciate that while you disagree with some parts, you are respectful about it! Thank you! (And that "thank you" goes to everyone!)

Do a theory about the underground houses!
Hmm...actually that's a great idea! I don't think it will win the poll, so how about I do a favor for you and do that theory while I wait for the poll to be done! It's a win-win-win! I get something to do while I wait, you get to have a theory on something you asked me about, and everyone will get something new that's interesting to think about!

According to the lore, the Corruption is caused by sins of people in Terraria. Every bad action and thought grow the Corruption; Despite this, the Corruption never grows when you first load up a Terraria world with the Corruption as your evil. It is only after the Wall of Flesh is defeated that the Corruption begins to spread. Could this be because killing the Wall of Flesh was simply the wrong thing to do?
your theories seem good, but this is incorrect, they do spread, just very slowly, i have noticed it in pre-hardmode, including the crimson too

The Moon Lord is evil, and you're right about the Pillars, for the Moon Lord only appears after all Pillars are defeated. Just like how I feel about the Wall of Flesh, defeating the Pillars and allowing the Moon Lord to come is wrong, but ends up being made up for in the end after killing the Moon Lord.
I don’t think it’s worth it
if you die moon lord takes over all

Back
Top Bottom