Mobile Theory of getting Rare Drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirine

Terrarian
1) Save your money.
2) Get-youself-killed (lava, or fly high, remove wings and drop to die)

Very important: The get-youself-killed is to RESET the internal counter of mob kills.

3) Do not summon any helper minions or light pet.
4) Get to your favour mob (Paladin example) for the Paladin's Hammer.
5) You may pause, but do not quit your game. Count-the-kills of particular mob (Paladin), which have % of drop. (6.67% [1/15] for Paladin's Hammer)
Kill the mobs for '2x' times. (Means kill Paladin for [1/15] 15x2=30 times *in-a-row, it should drop his hammer before count of 30).

*in-a-row means if preferrably do not go away from your hunting spot. Stay in the same map area until finish 2x count.

Same for Duke Fishron Wings. 6.67% (Prepare 30 Truffle Worms) and kill it in-a-row.

As for Queens Bee Honeyed Goggles. 1% (Prepare Abeemination 200 units!!!) and kill it in-a-row.

I challenge you. Prove that I'm wrong.

After I defeated plantera, I went straight to my dungeon, killed my first paladin, then he dropped his hammer. The second dropped his shield.

Terraria does not use pseudo-random distribution as far as I'm aware (at least the PC version doesn't). Resetting the kill counters (if they even exist, and if dying actually resets those) will not have any influence on the drop rates.

Item rarity are call Rare for a reason. Try getting the 2nd one? 3rd one? 4th one?

Try getting "Queens Bee Honeyed Goggles"? Show me 3 in a row in your inventory.
And I will acknowledge that you are LUCKY guy and RNG is with your favor.

Mobile only.

Its all based on a random pick. Think of it as a slot machine. You could money on your fist or millionth try. You cant control something that is randomly done.

Its all based on a random pick. Think of it as a slot machine. You could money on your fist or millionth try. You cant control something that is randomly done.

If all based on random pick. Please enlighten me:-
1) How the wiki came out with the % of rarity?
2) How some item are more common drop then the other?
3) Do you know "probability chances at math"?
4) How much chances that you can get a '1' from a 6 faces dice?

It is "under control" form of random.

Well I wouldn't say so....you see, %s from wiki means how much chance you can have. (For example, a 6 face dice with 3 sides being '1',that technically means that you have a 50% chance getting '1',that's just how percents comes out, there's nothing wrong with it.)
And also, a common drop means more possibility for it to drop, for example:a 1/100 and 1/2000,which one would be more common? No doubt 1/100.
As well as the 1's chance from a 6 face dice, simple, technically it would be 1/6 chance, why bother asking that.

It is not absoulately random, it really is not, but when it comes to the part where things drops, then it is totally random, you can't tell how long does that tree next to the road can live either am I right?

Unless it comes to RNG, then screw everything I've said so far.I'm done by then, I'm done with technology, maths, physics and everything.

Computer is consist of 0 and 1. In order to generate a random number, it have a algorithm call "random seeds". If you really go in dept on how computer 'randomly' generate a set of random items/numbers. It do follow a set of hard-coded rules. Hence, it is NOT impossible to guess the next random number. As long as they are run in a sequence. And been program "NOT to RE-Random" the random-seeds every time it run to generate a random numbers. Because this will eliminate the % outcome of the random sequence.

I might not be clear in explanation. Please go wikipedia to find out more about how computer generate random numbers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomized_algorithm

Asking someone to get three honeyed goggles is impossible on mobile because mounts are broken. If you want someone to prove their luck ask them to get three rods of discord.

Last edited:
RNG is just RNG, it would do whatever it takes to make us farm forever for what we wanted.

I got the paladins hammer shells sniper scope and magnet sphere
[doublepost=1496546910,1496546886][/doublepost]Paldin sheild

Um..... your theory doesn't actually mean anything. A 1-in-100 chance does not guarantee one every one hundred, nor one every two hundred. Every single time an enemy is killed, the game rolls the dice. Killing them in a row means nothing.

The wiki gets its drop rates from the actual game files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom