Theory on The Crimson/Corruption.

I have my own theory about the entire game, actually.
What if Terraria takes place after a huge war?
First, the biomes.
Corruption is decayed and rotting. It's purple and all the creatures are mutated. What if a nuclear bomb went off? That could be the cause of the mutations and the ruined landscape.
Crimson has a blood and gore theme. It's possible that this was a huge battlefield, and the creatures that inhabited the Crimson had to adapt to war and fed off of human flesh.
The Purity was the untouched part of the world, where civilians thrived. It is possible that the Dryad's species was the cause of this.
I don't have an explanation for the Hallow yet :p
By now, you probably think: "Well, if there WAS a war, who participated in it?" I think that the Lihazahrd tribe and the human race fought over resources. The abandoned houses in the jungle may have been human settlements, and the Lihazahrd Temple wasn't originally the only one. I think that the humans disturbed the peace and started to use the jungle for their own purposes. Then, the Lihazahrd tribe stepped in. They started to attack the humans, and what was originally a small series of attacks slowly escalated into a full scale war. The Lihazahrd tribe assaulted the human's on their own territory, leading to the Crimson and Corruption being created. Eventually, the humans started to push back the Lihazahrd tribe to the jungle again and were able to demolish the other temples. The Lihazahrd tribe had to perfect their stonework to the point of their bricks being near invincible to protect against the human's explosives. They created Golem's to protect them, but they eventually were destroyed until there was only one. The Lihazahrd tribe was weak, and retreated into the depths of the temple with their strongest mechanical creation. The humans eventually lost interest in the tribe and left the jungle. The Lihazahrd's, shaken by the war, stayed inside the depths of the temple, away from the outside world.
Sorry for that being so long.
Anyway, now, the bosses.
I think that the Eye Of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, and the Eater Of Worlds are the result of radiation, whereas the Mechanical Bosses were the creation of the humans(Maybe the Mechanic's family?) Skeletron and the Wall Of Flesh are the result of black magic, possibly caused by the Clothier's ancestors. All the war on the Earth attracted the attention of the Moon Lord and his associates, causing him to constantly try to attack the world. The Lunatic Cultist and his coven noticed this, and used every waking moment to try and keep the Moon Lord at bay. When you kill the Lunatic Cultist, you summon the apocalypse.
That's all I really have. Sorry for this being SUPER LONG, and please tell me what you think!

I have my own theory about the entire game, actually.
What if Terraria takes place after a huge war?
First, the biomes.
Corruption is decayed and rotting. It's purple and all the creatures are mutated. What if a nuclear bomb went off? That could be the cause of the mutations and the ruined landscape.
Crimson has a blood and gore theme. It's possible that this was a huge battlefield, and the creatures that inhabited the Crimson had to adapt to war and fed off of human flesh.
The Purity was the untouched part of the world, where civilians thrived. It is possible that the Dryad's species was the cause of this.
I don't have an explanation for the Hallow yet :p
By now, you probably think: "Well, if there WAS a war, who participated in it?" I think that the Lihazahrd tribe and the human race fought over resources. The abandoned houses in the jungle may have been human settlements, and the Lihazahrd Temple wasn't originally the only one. I think that the humans disturbed the peace and started to use the jungle for their own purposes. Then, the Lihazahrd tribe stepped in. They started to attack the humans, and what was originally a small series of attacks slowly escalated into a full scale war. The Lihazahrd tribe assaulted the human's on their own territory, leading to the Crimson and Corruption being created. Eventually, the humans started to push back the Lihazahrd tribe to the jungle again and were able to demolish the other temples. The Lihazahrd tribe had to perfect their stonework to the point of their bricks being near invincible to protect against the human's explosives. They created Golem's to protect them, but they eventually were destroyed until there was only one. The Lihazahrd tribe was weak, and retreated into the depths of the temple with their strongest mechanical creation. The humans eventually lost interest in the tribe and left the jungle. The Lihazahrd's, shaken by the war, stayed inside the depths of the temple, away from the outside world.
Sorry for that being so long.
Anyway, now, the bosses.
I think that the Eye Of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, and the Eater Of Worlds are the result of radiation, whereas the Mechanical Bosses were the creation of the humans(Maybe the Mechanic's family?) Skeletron and the Wall Of Flesh are the result of black magic, possibly caused by the Clothier's ancestors. All the war on the Earth attracted the attention of the Moon Lord and his associates, causing him to constantly try to attack the world. The Lunatic Cultist and his coven noticed this, and used every waking moment to try and keep the Moon Lord at bay. When you kill the Lunatic Cultist, you summon the apocalypse.
That's all I really have. Sorry for this being SUPER LONG, and please tell me what you think!
Mother of all necromancers

I JUST HAD A BREAKTHROUGH
HALLOW EXPLANATION, GO!
Alright. What if the Dryad's species sacrificed themselves to battle the corruption. That's why the Dryad sells Hallowed Grass Seeds. Dun.

I have my own theory on how the Crimson came to be.
The world used to be similar to ours irl but more of an urban fantasy tinge to it. Then the Moon Lord came and brought about the apocalypse. Wrecking civilisations and leaving almost literal mountains of corpses in his wake before deciding that the Earth had suffered enough, or was bored, and proceeded to go to where he came from. The souls of those who had perished in the cataclysm traumatised badly enough by what had happened were stuck in a never ending limbo of agony, reliving their deaths over and over again until it drove them mad. As the billions of corpses rotted where they fell into the Earth, they melded with the soil, becoming one with it. And afterwards, their spirits followed, breathing life into the soiled land, becoming the Crimson. The heart shaped caverns are the legion of damned souls’ attempts to rebuild a body for themselves. As their gestalt consciousness is unguided and chaotic, this goes as well as you expect. Many instead simply settle for sculpting new bodies out of the fleshy soil and being reborn as twisted, eldritch horrors, their bodies mutilated in a symbolic translation of their spiritual suffering and filled with a murderous insanity that drives them to brutally kill anybody that sets foot upon their domain.

maybe the crimson was infected by a virus that rotted away everything and transformed entities around it [crimera -> eater of souls, :cslime:crimslime -> :pslime:corrupt slime, herpling -> slimer] or maybe the virus just infected the pure world an the crimson came from a completely different virus? who knows? :indifferent:
[doublepost=1536457800,1536457664][/doublepost][QUOTE
Not quite seeing a lack of eyes. BoC has a bunch that attack you, Face Monster seems to have them, same with Blood Crawler, Herpling etc. The only one I can think of that doesn't is the Floaty Gross.
[/QUOTE]
what about the crimslime?

Back
Top Bottom