Theory: The Guide's TRUE Identity (Deleted)

Arnt we actually evil for killing the cult. Wasn't the cult trying to stop the moon lord, but we just brutally murdered them. What happens if the guide was with the moon lord pretending he was on our team

Arnt we actually evil for killing the cult. Wasn't the cult trying to stop the moon lord, but we just brutally murdered them. What happens if the guide was with the moon lord pretending he was on our team
I do believe we are evil, but not for that. I will cover my thoughts on why I believe the player is evil in a future post. SPOILER: It actually has something to do with the Wall of Flesh and the spread of the Corruption!

He is mysterious, but I don't think he does anything with the dungeon, or the dungeon coven (AKA. lunar cult). He's also obviously not a dryad, but the lore says only one dryad survived (and that's another NPC, yeah).
But I think some lore (although some of them are just silly inconsistent stuff) says, that the guide and the wall of flesh are the same thing.

This would mean, that instead of him being the sacrifice to summon WoF, when you throw the guide voodoo doll in lava, he'll transform into WoF, and fight you, to test you if you're strong enough. WoF is referred as the guardian of the world or something, a force that serves as a seal, regarding the spirits of light and darkness - and whatever other stuff. that is, what hardmode has to offer.

So, I think, the guide is more like, a sort of god/demigod-like being, not a human. he has two forms, one is the gruesome and frightening monster that is the wall of flesh, and the other is his human-like form, that looks so painfully ordinary... XD (in fact, he looks so ordinary, it's suspicious in itself XD)
He's the core and guardian of the world. As such, he has inmerse knowledge.

But he is a force unrelated from the whole dungeon thing. that's more like, something about various factions.
I don't think the "former people" all were cursed with undeath and reside in the dungeon, if we think about it, there are all these NPCs who are not very young, so they must had lived somewhere prior to moving in one of the player's towns too.
There are also all the zombies, skeletons and whatnot loitering in the world, both on the surface and the caverns.

The dungeon is more like a different faction, that does nothing with "all former inhabitants" though it most likely had a town (or city) nearby, and the people of that were cursed. there are also many other undeads there who I think (and part based on their bestiary entries) originally were not part of that. some of the undeads are the results of other factions doing something with the dungeon, like the ninjas who hide in the shadows (bone lee), holy knights who would be sent to clear the dungeon of the undead, but fell in the battle, and turned into undeads (paladdins), an elite commando unit sent to clear the dungeon later - also got killed, and the dungeon reanimated their remains as its own units (skeleton commando, skeleton sniper, etc.)

I think the dungeon coven is a relatively new thing (as in, not as old as the ancient batle with Ctulhu and the dryads. They moved in the dungeon (and somehow are unaffected by the curse.) and do various shady stuff there in order to resurrect Ctulhu.
I think that the old man was a former member, maybe even the former boss. since it was him who kidnapped the mechanic originally. then I guess the old man got exiled from the coven for whatever reason, or the lunatic cultist - originally might be just a high-ranking member) did a coup d' at, and took power, and kicked out the old man. After that, the old man got cursed or something.

(actually, I think it would be interesting, if the lunatic cult would appear earlier in the game several times, like most pokémon villain teams, etc. like, if they are the big bad behind the scenes, it's kinda lame there isn't even anything suggesting they exist and do shady things, until post golem, when they appear at the dungeon's entrance.)

But there are also all sort of other factors that aren't necessarily related to the lunatic cultist and the cult. some things are, like the mech bosses (were made by the mechanic, because the cult forced her to make those)

but there are other things, like Queen bee for example, that does absolutely nothing with all that, as she's just an enormous insect, queen of the jungle hives. Plantera is also not really related, she's more like the monarch of the jungle - although somehow slightly related to the dungeon, because she cursed the biome keys. Golem (and the whole jungle temple) is also likely unrelated.
As well as some other stuff. like the eater of worlds, which is just a huge worm residing in the corruption, feeding on the world itself. brain of ctulhu is related to ctulhu, of course, but it seems more like "the" "hive mind" that the crimson itself follows, and the cult might be not even entirelly aware what it is. (which is might be why there's no mechanical counterpart for it)
there are also demons in the underworld, and all sorts of other random stuff, like goblins and pirates from probably faraway lands, who came there in hope of robbing the place and gaining all sorts of treasures.

So, yeah, it's an eclectic chaos with all sorts of factions doing all sorts of random, unrelated stuff often unrelated to each other.
And I think the guide is related to the world, but isn't really related to the dungeon or the cult.

Then again, that's also just some theories.

He must be sent down from a sort of god as he is the only living human being besides from the player when you first start off.
Maybe he is God

This is pretty cool, I somewhat specialize in specific Terraria Lore, but mostly remain inconclusive with certain information. There's a few additions that threw a wrench into some of my previous theories, such as:
  1. The Celebration Event/ Night Lanterns Event that takes place once a Boss is defeated.
  2. This means two things, a.) there are more people out there & b.) the Bosses were terrorizing the citizens (so yeah, you're the good guy).
  3. This makes perfect sense because NPCs populate your town after Bosses are defeated, meaning they were likely in hiding.
  4. There are a number of cursed NPCs to go around, which now includes the Zoologist NPC (this means curses are pretty common in this World).
  5. So this means The Guide, Clothier, King Slime, Pirate NPC & Zoologist are all afflicted in some way or another.
The addition of a Hollow Guardian, EoL, also makes thing a bit more complicated. I'm still working through some of my own theories, so it's good to see I'll have someone else to bounce ideas off-of if & when the time comes; good stuff! 😊🥤

He is mysterious, but I don't think he does anything with the dungeon, or the dungeon coven (AKA. lunar cult). He's also obviously not a dryad, but the lore says only one dryad survived (and that's another NPC, yeah).
But I think some lore (although some of them are just silly inconsistent stuff) says, that the guide and the wall of flesh are the same thing.

This would mean, that instead of him being the sacrifice to summon WoF, when you throw the guide voodoo doll in lava, he'll transform into WoF, and fight you, to test you if you're strong enough. WoF is referred as the guardian of the world or something, a force that serves as a seal, regarding the spirits of light and darkness - and whatever other stuff. that is, what hardmode has to offer.

So, I think, the guide is more like, a sort of god/demigod-like being, not a human. he has two forms, one is the gruesome and frightening monster that is the wall of flesh, and the other is his human-like form, that looks so painfully ordinary... XD (in fact, he looks so ordinary, it's suspicious in itself XD)
He's the core and guardian of the world. As such, he has inmerse knowledge.

But he is a force unrelated from the whole dungeon thing. that's more like, something about various factions.
I don't think the "former people" all were cursed with undeath and reside in the dungeon, if we think about it, there are all these NPCs who are not very young, so they must had lived somewhere prior to moving in one of the player's towns too.
There are also all the zombies, skeletons and whatnot loitering in the world, both on the surface and the caverns.

The dungeon is more like a different faction, that does nothing with "all former inhabitants" though it most likely had a town (or city) nearby, and the people of that were cursed. there are also many other undeads there who I think (and part based on their bestiary entries) originally were not part of that. some of the undeads are the results of other factions doing something with the dungeon, like the ninjas who hide in the shadows (bone lee), holy knights who would be sent to clear the dungeon of the undead, but fell in the battle, and turned into undeads (paladdins), an elite commando unit sent to clear the dungeon later - also got killed, and the dungeon reanimated their remains as its own units (skeleton commando, skeleton sniper, etc.)

I think the dungeon coven is a relatively new thing (as in, not as old as the ancient batle with Ctulhu and the dryads. They moved in the dungeon (and somehow are unaffected by the curse.) and do various shady stuff there in order to resurrect Ctulhu.
I think that the old man was a former member, maybe even the former boss. since it was him who kidnapped the mechanic originally. then I guess the old man got exiled from the coven for whatever reason, or the lunatic cultist - originally might be just a high-ranking member) did a coup d' at, and took power, and kicked out the old man. After that, the old man got cursed or something.

(actually, I think it would be interesting, if the lunatic cult would appear earlier in the game several times, like most pokémon villain teams, etc. like, if they are the big bad behind the scenes, it's kinda lame there isn't even anything suggesting they exist and do shady things, until post golem, when they appear at the dungeon's entrance.)

But there are also all sort of other factors that aren't necessarily related to the lunatic cultist and the cult. some things are, like the mech bosses (were made by the mechanic, because the cult forced her to make those)

but there are other things, like Queen bee for example, that does absolutely nothing with all that, as she's just an enormous insect, queen of the jungle hives. Plantera is also not really related, she's more like the monarch of the jungle - although somehow slightly related to the dungeon, because she cursed the biome keys. Golem (and the whole jungle temple) is also likely unrelated.
As well as some other stuff. like the eater of worlds, which is just a huge worm residing in the corruption, feeding on the world itself. brain of ctulhu is related to ctulhu, of course, but it seems more like "the" "hive mind" that the crimson itself follows, and the cult might be not even entirelly aware what it is. (which is might be why there's no mechanical counterpart for it)
there are also demons in the underworld, and all sorts of other random stuff, like goblins and pirates from probably faraway lands, who came there in hope of robbing the place and gaining all sorts of treasures.

So, yeah, it's an eclectic chaos with all sorts of factions doing all sorts of random, unrelated stuff often unrelated to each other.
And I think the guide is related to the world, but isn't really related to the dungeon or the cult.

Then again, that's also just some theories.
This could also be a theory. I didn’t think about him being the Wall of Flesh because of the message telling the player that the Guide is slain when you summon the Wall of Flesh. But you also have a great theory!

This could also be a theory. I didn’t think about him being the Wall of Flesh because of the message telling the player that the Guide is slain when you summon the Wall of Flesh. But you also have a great theory!
characters being "slain" is a strange thing anyway. it can be it's just an "easier way" (and more mysterious) to refer to him turned to his WoF form, etc.
it's like how santa explodes into a bunch of gores when christmas season ends. he could just disappear in a puff of smoke like the angler, saying "santa left" but no... he just explodes for seemingly no reason...

it also brings up the problem with "is the new person who moved in is the same"? e.g. you have Humphrey the merchant. a pirate corsair cut him into pieces. the next day, Calvin the merchant moves in into the late Humphrey's house. Is the two the same, or not? Why are they're called different? Because, you could assume they are the same, but then the name change is weird and counfusing. and if they would be not the same people...?
that makes NPC relations even weirder, if the goblin and the mechanic are in love with each other. then one of them dies, you get a new one move in, and poof they're high over heels for each other, and totally forgotten about the previous one. that sounds dark and disturbing XD So, better just say they're the same people. but why the name changes...?

So, yeah, I dunno if "XY the guide was slain" really means he died, or something else.

My theory is that the lunatic cult is full of lhizards who lost faith in golem (after the player defeats him) and so they move on to a more powerful being to worship THE MOON LORD Cthulhu

Back
Top Bottom