There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Added a substantial number of new mapscreen backgrounds
What is a mapscreen background?
- Added some new rare shell variants, as well as the Shell Pile block
As in, seashells?
Acorns now autoswing
Is this referring to planting acorns? This sounds dangerous, if so, as if it'll waste many acorns in places they can't grow because they're too close to other saplings.

Jellyfish and Granite Golems spawned from statues now drop their items even less frequently, and reduced the sell value of some of those drops
Wait, how? How do you reduce the sell value of a pickup? How does the game know where you got one item from as compared to another identical item?
Expert Brain of Cthulhu and his Creepers now have increased knockback resistance per player present on a server, ultimately becoming immune to knockback.
lol we're all gonna die.
Martian Saucers in normal mode no longer have a phase two, and die as soon as their turrets are destroyed
OMG Thank you so much! <3
Gold Critters are now more rare
They weren't already?! :p

Arkhalis is now dropped in the Arkhalis dev set bundle
Is it still dropped from the Master Sword Pedestals? .... ... .. er.. ... whatever it is. Those underground horse shoe pits. ... Wow, I cannot word today.
All drills and chainsaws now dig faster than their non-mechanical counterparts, but have shorter range. Additionally, optimized digging loadouts still perform better on pickaxes/axes, but drills and chainsaws will be faster on non-optimized loadouts
Well this is neat. But what is an "optimized loadout?"
Fixed an issue where Smart Select would favor a Flare Gun with no flares over a stack of Glowsticks
Not quite sure what this means.

Fixed an issue where looking at buff furniture (Campfires, Heart Lanterns) with binoculars or sniper rifles would give you the buff
I legit laughed out loud when I read this. The imagery was fantastic. "Mm, this probably feels really nice, I'll bet."

I'm honestly amazed at all the changes, some of these things were needed for years. An actually useful Clinger Staff, BoCf no longer being a glorified filler accessory, reworked Martian Saucer, RAIN THAT CHANGES COLORS BASED ON THE BIOMES YOU ARE IN OMG YES, and so many more.

Some things weird me out though,
Dart Pistol (Buff)
- Damage increased from 28 to 33

Dart Rifle (Buff)
- Damage increased from 52 to 62

Crystal Dart (Buff)
- Damage increased from 15 to 17

Cursed Dart (Buff)
- Damage increased from 9 to 10
- Related: See Cursed Inferno buff

Ichor Dart (Buff)
- Damage increased from 10 to 12

THIS specifically. The Dart Guns are already two of the best weapons of their tier, why did they get buffed this much?

And why is Beekeeper of all things one of the most nerfed weapons in the list?

Most of them are incredible though, 1.4 will feel so fresh with all these changes.

Chlorophyte Arrows (Rework / Buff)
- No longer pierce targets
- Projectile speed is increased
- Can now bounce several times, and will "Smart Bounce" at a nearby target if one is in range
- Post-bounce arrows only deal 66% damage

pls tell me I read it right and this means they are Crystal Darts in arrow form

so much yes

take me awhile to read all this out, what i'm more excited is probably the new WIP weapons and the fact that the laser drill will no longer devastate all nearby trees when i'm trying to dig a hole .. the thing have so much range and power that u cannot stop chopping down trees XD
now only 2 days more!!

Capture 2020-05-13 14_17_29.png
its a 2 but give strong Z vibes

its a 2 but give strong Z vibes
According to the legend, that's how Dragon Ball Z got its name. It was supposed to be Dragon Ball 2 but the logo designer mistook the 2 for a Z.
Back on topic, yay! 2 more days. I just can't wait to see how whips work and if the bullet hell boss is a Touhou reference.

Someone has been hard at work(literaly) you put so much time and effort into this wonderful game we call terraria thank you debs for this great game especially you red for coming up with this idea! I cant wait to play the new update the urge to read the change log is sooo strong

I'm honestly amazed at all the changes, some of these things were needed for years. An actually useful Clinger Staff, BoCf no longer being a glorified filler accessory, reworked Martian Saucer, RAIN THAT CHANGES COLORS BASED ON THE BIOMES YOU ARE IN OMG YES, and so many more.

Some things weird me out though,

THIS specifically. The Dart Guns are already two of the best weapons of their tier, why did they get buffed this much?

And why is Beekeeper of all things one of the most nerfed weapons in the list?

Most of them are incredible though, 1.4 will feel so fresh with all these changes.

pls tell me I read it right and this means they are Crystal Darts in arrow form

so much yes

They buffed all ranged and destroyed melee gameplay

I just noticed that one of the reasons I really want to try Journey mode is how satisfying that research animation looks.
It's incredible how much can tiny details like that matter to a player's enjoyment.

This roaming Gnome is here to end your Journey in all the worst ways

1589490780136.png

Other
- Summoned minions now adjust their damage dynamically based on your current equipment and damage buffs. If your Summon damage increases, or decreases, the Summons will change accordingly.

1589490821461.png

- Alchemy Seeds and Plants now stack to 999

GOD I cannot wait for this update. You've got my full attention. I am ready to re-build my seedy empire from the ground up.

Terraria: We tried to get you further information on these bosses, but they are a very closely-guarded secret!
Me: well schiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom