There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't finished reading the changelog, but is there some indication to how good each pair of wings are in the item description? It'd be helpful to know when you've found a better pair of wings than the ones you have, especially now that they are more balanced for progression.

Regarding this health UI style:

unknown.png

Will there be a version of this where the >400 health extends the bar further instead of adding a yellow bar on top?
It would be easier to gauge health at a glance if it was a "regular" 500/500 instead of a 500/400 overheal-style UI.

Maybe this could be an option for all health UI styles too.

I'm also curious if I can, for instance, make each segment of the bar 50% wider with a texture pack. Would not be surprised if it's not possible.

- Added an entirely new title theme, Journey's End
- Added the Windy Day theme
- Added the Space Day theme
- Added the Ocean Night theme
- Added the Town Day and Night themes
- Added the Storm theme
- Added the Slime Rain theme
- Added the Graveyard theme
- Added the Underground Jungle theme
- Added the Surface Night Jungle theme
- Added the Duke Fishron boss theme
- Added the Morning Rain theme
- Added the Console Title theme
- Added the Underground Desert theme
- Added themes for the new bosses
- Added music boxes for all of the newly introduced tracks
- Long overdue, the winning track of Terraria’s music contest by Xenon and DJ Sniper has been implemented as a music box!
Is Ocean Night the old console's Ocean theme? Is Space Day the old console's Space theme? And how about the Tutorial theme?

I clapped for joy when I saw that beating the Moon events spawns that holiday for a day. The Frost Legion achievement is the only one I'm missing!

Also I love DOT debuffs, so Cursed Inferno and Venom were great to see buffed.

Does anyone know why the patch notes said Cursed Inferno did 12 dps before but the wiki says cursed inferno (in 1.3.whatever) does 6 dps? Which one is right?

Edit: I tried hitting a zombie with a wooden hammer and a flask of cursed flames. It did 30 damage and I timed it and it lasts 5 seconds. So the debuff was only 6 dps.

@Leinfors will this update really bring Cursed Inferno up to 24 DPS, or will it only double it from its current value (to 12 dps?)

Last edited:
I am so excited about this update. The new Wall of Flesh boss looks sick, and hardmode seems like it will double the length of the game alone. I look forward to fighting the mechanical boss rematches!

Oh! This is great. Some functions appear in the Chinese version of mobile games! Now the PC version is also available, great! Unfortunately, the Chinese version of terraria can't be downloaded now.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

they killed the reaver shark, its now useless and noone will bother to make the journey to the ocean and collect bait when they can just go mine for a gold pic, also they ruined the point of summoner!

A few noteworthy things I gathered (please correct me if I'm wrong):

- Reaver Shark severely nerfed :(
- Daedalus Stormbow + Holy Arrows nerfed :(
- No more item frame duping
- No more hiding from Moon Lord's death beam
- No more peacefully fighting Golem in the surface
- RIP Duck exploit. Gone too soon
- Harder (or even impossible?) to do the invincibility exploit with Slime Mount + Dummies.
- Possibly the Flower Boots + Flare Gun combo is dead
- No more fishing pre-HM and opening the crates in HM for ore
- No more summoning minions then changing accessories while keeping their pre-swap damage

This changes a lot of the meta, especially for speedrunners. Can't wait to see people develop new exploits and workarounds, that stuff's always fun (albeit probably infuriating for the devs).

Regarding this health UI style:

unknown.png

Will there be a version of this where the >400 health extends the bar further instead of adding a yellow bar on top?
It would be easier to gauge health at a glance if it was a "regular" 500/500 instead of a 500/400 overheal-style UI.

Maybe this could be an option for all health UI styles too.

I'm also curious if I can, for instance, make each segment of the bar 50% wider with a texture pack. Would not be surprised if it's not possible.
I'm guessing it works like hearts, the yellow just means that notch is worth 25 HP instead of 20. It doesn't layer over the regular health.

Oh! This is great. Some functions appear in the Chinese version of mobile games! Now the PC version is also available, great! Unfortunately, the Chinese version of terraria can't be downloaded now.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
We have no control over the availability of the game in China and some other countries, sorry.

Woah! That's a lot of changes. I can't wait to see those in-game.

I'm a bit disappointed though about the fact that Whips are set as summoner weapons.
At least we can make Rydia in the game.

Curious if they added any specific regen options to Range and Summoner classes.

(regen ammo/weapon | regen summoner pet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom