There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend said while its sad, he understands, and thanks you for the fast response
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now on to my own thoughts, with the reaver shark nerf and water bolt being fixed, it'll make master mode a lot harder than I was expecting, consider me excited to see how many times I get killed.
and i havnt even beaten expert mode yet, thats sure to make master mode 10 times more fun :dryadgrin:

My friend said while its sad, he understands, and thanks you for the fast response
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now on to my own thoughts, with the reaver shark nerf and water bolt being fixed, it'll make master mode a lot harder than I was expecting, consider me excited to see how many times I get killed.

I do hope your friend enjoys some of the new fishing content! We've added crates to a lot of new biomes, and a lot of new fishing related loot to look for!

So... I know I already posted this, but I think it was buried. So, with the new HP bars, will there be an option to add numbers without hovering over them? I noticed a lack of that in gameplay vids and pictures. But, the classic HP bar still has numbers, so I just wanted to know.

Lava fishing is now accessible pre-Hardmode now.
Well that's an interesting change. Was the Mechanic's rod moved to pre hardmode as well? It would be odd if it were the only HM exclusive rod unless it got a buff of some kind. Which I would be fine with because it's the prettiest rod in the entire game.
Mechanic's_Rod.png

Edit: Oh I see. Lava bait. I've been reading the change log from the text file so I missed that.

Last edited:
I want to know about the item crafted using a copper shortsword. (i saw that it said material when someone scrolled over it in an early gameplay)
Maybe its the "new ultimate sword"

While it's kind of a bummer that the Fetid Baghnakhs were nerfed, I am really looking forward to all those other weapons being more viable thanks to the buffs.
That and the Valhalla Knight armor, but that at least got a bit more defense, and the set bonus and the rest of the effects are still there.
But the balance changes are definitely changing the routes I'll be taking when beating the game now, definitely.
And who knows that the Fetid Baghnakhs can do with the Titanium Set bonus.
To be fair, the thing probably needed the nerf, I remember beating Plantera by just standing still and outdamaging it.

I can't wait to get back in the game, discover all the items, spend more time on the Wiki than actually playing the game, find new cheese tactics, mod the game, experiment, and build bases and farms and boss arenas and fill the map with dirt bombs

So... I know I already posted this, but I think it was buried. So, with the new HP bars, will there be an option to add numbers without hovering over them? I noticed a lack of that in gameplay vids and pictures. But, the classic HP bar still has numbers, so I just wanted to know.
Seconding this. I posted something similar on another blog post and got no response.
Please tell me the numbers can be re-enabled.

Even Lava fishing is now accessible pre-Hardmode now.
I have to admit I don't understand why that happened. I guess it wasn't much of a progression in the first place, but like you said, it was the only one.

Personally, I would've gated the Golden to HM, eliminated the Hotline, bumped the Mechanic's up to 40% and given it a bonus to non-fish catches, and added a Tackle Bag upgrade to include the new HM-only lava hook. Finally, move the Fiberglass up to 30% and you have a much smoother line of upgrades, with Sitting Duck still available for wealthy and lucky players in preHM.

Meh, just thinking "out loud," not expecting changes.

I just realized, with the fishing glitch patched, i better get on 1.3 tomorrow and grind out those fishing quests for *that* achievement before 1.4 comes out and makes it 10x harder to do lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom