There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so overwhelmed I don't even know where to start, this update is AH-MAZING you guys! Can't wait to discover Terraria again arrrr!~:passionate:

Also, GNOMES...?! Now, how awesome and totally random is that? I love it! This is what makes Terraria so special 😆

My eyes hurt from reading bug fixes so much!
I couldn't even read half of it!
Congratulations devs, you paid so much attention to each and every detail of the game that I am even surprised by the quality of your work and care to make a game as good as this one get even better.
I can't imagine how many hours, how many days you had to give this moment to arrive, but I'm sure it was worth it.

I now see even more that you care - and a LOT - for your customers, because you want to see us happy!!
I thank you with all my soul for everything you have done for the game in all that time and also for what you have done in all the past versions since its creation, because for me this game is the best of all that I have known in my life and it is everything to me.
Again Devs, thank you very much and I hope that you will do well with anything else that you will do in life.

There's a couple things I wanted to say.
When 1.2 was released, I thought "Heck yeah, update time."
When 1.3 was released, I thought "Oh boy this is gonna be big, let's do this."

And now we're finally here at 1.4, and I think... "Oh gosh, I'm not sure I'm ready."
Despite having planned for this update for years, I almost feel overwhelmed with just how much the game is going to change (mostly the dynamic minion damage updating now). I'm gonna have to learn new things, adjust my old way of playing, etc. It's just a lot to take in.
But I at least know that there are many new things that will help change up my gameplay in positive ways. Along with many other surprises. I have my knowledge and experiences from the past few years of playing to aid me.
Perhaps this is what I've wanted. I'm sure that's what you all were aiming for; something this massive and impactful.

And if that's the case, I can confidently say, "I'm ready."

Is the Charged Blaster Cannon's full beam still not adjustable? That was the main reason why using that weapon annoyed me, and it was the #1 thing I wanted to see changed.
Yeah that's the thing that killed it for me. Not being able to swing the beam around like what you can do with the Last Prism made it rather useless given the stage of the game that you get it has enemies and bosses zooming all over everywhere.

I think there will br ghosts at graveyards
I hope so and ravens too.
Ghost_(enemy).png
Raven.png

Last edited:
In Journey mode, if I change the difficulty to 2x or 3x, do I unlock the drops that are normally reserved for those harder difficulties? Does it increase other drop rates or RNG ranges?

In Journey mode, if I change the difficulty to 2x or 3x, do I unlock the drops that are normally reserved for those harder difficulties? Does it increase other drop rates or RNG ranges?
they did confirm you get the drops related to the difficulty you're on

Is the update only for the PC Version, or will it be released for all versions?

just pc tommorow, they havent said a release dATE for anyone else

i mean, looking at unit one's post, console may not even get the update...

how is no one else freaking out over that "IF"?!

if it's not coming to console, i don't wanna live anymore...

too few things to really look forward to as the world is now, and life is several times more miserable than it already was for me.

Journey's End is very near, Terrarians!

This update has been a labor of love, tirelessly worked on by our team over a good while, and we truly feel that it brings Terraria to the next level, to a place where the core game can finally be called "complete". From new ways to play the game to over 1000 new items to find and craft to new bosses to challenge and even a full-pass review of all content of the game for balance, graphic quality, and mechanics - truly, Journey's End has something for everyone. In the writing of this changelog, it was even more apparent than ever to our team just how much has been packed into this epic final major content update to Terraria. Truly, a fitting end to an absolutely amazing journey.

So, what awaits you in Journey's End? Read on below for the juicy details... and for the truly brave, check out the more complete changelog linked at the end of each section.

index.php

For those who would prefer an old school full text changelog, we have got you covered! Click the link below to download your very own copy!

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END FULL TEXT CHANGELOG
index.php

There is a lot to cover here, so we have made a handy Table of Contents below so that you can click around to what interests you most.

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END CHANGELOG - TABLE OF CONTENTS

NEW WAYS TO PLAY - JOURNEY/MASTER MODE & GOLF

BRINGING THE WORLD TO LIFE LIKE NEVER BEFORE

QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES - IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT!

WHAT WAS OLD IS MADE NEW AGAIN - REVISITING THE TERRARIA EXPERIENCE

MYTHICAL BEASTS & WHERE TO FARM THEM: TERRARIA'S BESTIARY

OVER 1,000 NEW ITEMS - BRINGING THE TOTAL ITEM COUNT TO OVER 5,000!

NEW CHALLENGING FOES TO FACE, CRITTERS TO FIND AND BOSSES TO BATTLE

EXPAND YOUR TERRARIA EMPIRE - PYLONS, TOWN BUILDING, AND NPC HAPPINESS

YOU'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT - BLOOD MOON & LAVA FISHING AND MORE!

EPIC TUNES TO SET THE MOOD - 14 NEW MUSIC TRACKS

A WHOLE NEW TERRARIA TOOLBOX - NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH

FULL STEAM AHEAD: TMODLOADER NOW AVAILABLE AS FREE DLC FOR MODDED PLAY

CLEANING UP THE STREETS - FIXING BUGS & EXPLOITS

index.php

NEW WAYS TO PLAY

JOURNEY MODE

View attachment 270776
Brand new to Terraria, Journey Mode provides a more accessible Terraria experience by placing the power to create the gameplay you desire in the palm of your hands. Research blocks that you dig up, items that you find, and enemies that you defeat in order to gain the limitless power to duplicate or to adjust the difficulty of the game to your whims. At last, you can have the Terraria experience perfectly tailored to your desires... the only limit is your imagination!

For full details, check out our Feature Article on Journey Mode
With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

View attachment 269490

View attachment 269491
Research & Duplicate Items!

ugPHkhG.gif

Control the Weather!

View attachment 269492
index.php

Change the Difficulty of Your Game on the Fly!

View attachment 269494 View attachment 269495 View attachment 269496
Enable Godmode, Increased Block Placement Range & Other Powers!

index.php

MASTER MODE
View attachment 269584

A next-level challenge intended for those skilled, brave, or foolish enough to take it on, Master Mode represents the ultimate Terraria challenge. Unrelenting, Master Mode will punish your every mistake and force you to prepare and up your game like never before. Do you have what it takes to prove that you are a Master of Terraria?

index.php

GOLF

View attachment 269586

Time to hit the links in the world of Terraria! That's right, Journey's End brings the timeless game of golf to Terraria. Featuring an array of golf clubs, scorekeeping, and more, Terraria Golf introduces a whole new way to play. Create your own epic golf courses, share them with your friends, and then meet up on the links to challenge each other - who can hit the ball the longest, who has the best short game, and who has what it takes to make that clutch putt when it's all on the line?

Want to learn more? Check out our Feature Article all about Terraria Golf!

FORE-RRARIA! Hitting the Links with Terraria Golf

Want to see what all Terraria Golf has to offer? On launch day, be sure to download one (or all) of three killer golf maps hand-crafted by our beta testers - including courses created by some of the most talented builders across the Terraria community. We will have a link to these in our launch day thread!

index.php

Journey's End Full Changelog

Return to Table of Contents

index.php

BRINGING THE WORLD TO LIFE LIKE NEVER BEFORE

ATMOSPHERIC EFFECTS

View attachment 269589

Journey's End adds all new weather effects to really bring the environment to life. From Windy Days to Thunderstorms to flora and fauna, your World will feel more alive than ever before. Weather will also impact gameplay - so make sure you adjust for the wind!

View attachment 269588
Windy days also make for great kite flying weather!

Trees - some brand new varieties as well! - now sway in the wind, and may drop fruit when struck.

index.php

NEXT-LEVEL PLAYER IMMERSION

View attachment 269590

Players can now take part in the daily activities of life that were not possible before. From sitting to lying down/sleeping to petting animals, your world will feel more interactive and immersive than ever before. A vast array of new food items - and a new three-tier food bonus system - await to tantalize your taste buds as well!

index.php

Oh, and don't forget... you can pet the dog (or cat). ;)

giphy.gif

Player Emotes are also now a thing

index.php

WORLDGEN EVOLUTION

index.php

Worldgen has been improved in a variety of ways, from speed to quality, to fixing some of its more annoying quirks. All new mini-biomes - such as the lush Oasis - await for you to uncover during your adventures. Perhaps most important, every biome has been carefully examined and - where necessary - retooled. You think you know all that there is to find and expect? Think again...

index.php

DOZENS OF NEW BIOME BACKGROUNDS

View attachment 269592
Brand new Biome backgrounds will enhance your experience in subtle ways...

index.php

GRAVEYARD BIOME

View attachment 268863
Beware! For when too many tombstones gather together, the air shall chill and the mists roll in... what mysteries will you find buried six feet deep in the Graveyard?

index.php

index.php

QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES - IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT!

BLOCK SWAP

giphy.gif

One of the most impactful Quality of Life changes perhaps to ever reach Terraria, Block Swap is one of those features that you will find yourself asking "how did I ever live without this?!" in no time at all. No more will you have to tear down your constructions first in order to spruce them up with new-and-improved blocks or walls! Simply grab the block with which you wish to replace the existing blocks and place away - the new block will be put in place, and the old blocks will be there for you to pick up.

As long as your currently-equipped pick is powerful enough to dig up whatever it is you want to replace, Block Swap is there to serve you well!

Oh... and did we mention it works on chests... without you having to empty them first?

index.php

VOID VAULT

8aMNsEn.gif

(Wait, your inventory is full? Where is all that pricey furniture going exactly?!?)

O1O64xv.gif

Inventory overflow... you hate it too? Well, we have got the solution for you!

What on the surface appears to simply be the fourth available character storage item - the Void Vault - transforms into an automagical inventory overflow vacuum when combined with the Void Bag held by the player. This combination of items will immediately whisk away any items the player picks up once their inventory is full - and deposit them safely at home in the Void Vault for safekeeping. This won't totally eliminate all of your inventory woes, but it will certainly cut down on those trips to and from home base!
index.php

NEW WORLD & CHARACTER CREATION MENU

View attachment 268723

Your Journey's End experience starts off the right way with some brand new - and beautiful - menus for Character and World creation!

GcU3TIt.gif

World Creation options also now include the ability to input World Seeds and the very cool World Name Generator. We have had hours of fun and more laughs than we care to admit playing around with random World names. Be sure to give it a try! (Personally, we are fans of The Mound of Teddy's Bread)

index.php

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE SYSTEM

View attachment 269497

Often, knowing what to do next can be a daunting task for new Terrarians. The Achievement Guide system provides a subtle reference as to the next normal step in the game progression.

index.php

BRAND NEW HEALTH/MANA BAR OPTIONS - EVEN FOR BOSSES!

View attachment 270691

Journey's End allows you to customize your UI like never before - even down to the way your health and mana are displayed. Don't like the classic hearts & stars? Spruce them up with the fancier version... or swap over to a bar format. The choice is yours!

View attachment 270692
Oh, and so as to not make them jealous (seriously, the last thing we need is a bunch of angry, envious bosses on a rampage) - we are letting Terraria's bosses in on the whole Health Bar craze.

index.php

NEW MINIMAP BORDERS

index.php

RAZER CHROMA SUPPORT

index.php

index.php

WHAT WAS OLD IS MADE NEW AGAIN - REVISITING THE TERRARIA EXPERIENCE

FULL REBALANCE PASS ON ENEMIES AND ITEMS

As a part of Journey's End, the team examined and re-examined the balance of the content in the game. From start to finish, no stone was left unturned and no gear left unaccounted for. In the end, what remains is a full rebalancing of the game from top to bottom. Stats have changed, functionality has changed. There is no better time to start a fresh playthrough and experience the new Terraria for the first time!

Read all about the Revisit and Rebalance via the Article below!

What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience

ENEMY & BOSS REBALANCE

View attachment 269042
Our friend the Golem has some new surprises in store for you

View attachment 269043
King Slime has learned how to climb ropes

View attachment 268864
The Moon Lord laughs at your pathetic attempts to defeat him by hiding inside boxes

index.php

WEAPON & ARMOR CHANGES

Weapons/Armor and other gear were also closely examined. Beyond stats, some situations in the game required more than just stat changes to make things feel right again. So, you will see some weapons and weapon classes that have all new functionality. Let's have a look, shall we?

These are just a few examples, if you want even more, check out the full changelog in the spoiler below!

View attachment 269039
SHORTSWORDS
No longer content to exist solely on the X-Axis, your favorite stabby weapons are now able to poke at foes in all directions!

index.php

View attachment 270707
FLAILS
Flails felt left behind by the introduction of Yoyos, so they have all new functionality to restore their status as useful weapons

index.php

View attachment 269040
CHARGED BLASTER CANNON
Yesterday's throwaway weapon from the Martian Madness Event (What? Don't look at us like that, don't act like you ever used the thing!) is today's death-dealing space laser of doooooom!

index.php

View attachment 269037
MEDUSA HEAD
Medusa's Head felt underwhelming for when you were able to obtain this in the core progression. So, this has been reworked to have a quite unique attack style.

index.php

View attachment 268865
HALLOWED ARMOR
New Set Bonus: Holy Protection

Familiar to most users as Shadow Dodge, Hallowed has had its previously stat-based set bonus replaced with a periodic immunity to damage.
Upon attacking an enemy, you will gain a buff. If an enemy hits you during this buff, you will gain a very brief immunity to damage.
After this period of immunity, at least 30 seconds must pass before you can re-activate the immunity buff.

index.php

View attachment 268866
TITANIUM ARMOR
New Set Bonus: Titanium Barrier

As you attack enemies, titanium shards accumulate and spin around you
These shards deal damage to enemies at close range, and inflict knockback.
Use them defensively to keep enemies away, or for the bold, aggressively to inflict extra damage.

index.php

View attachment 270713
STARDUST ARMOR
Stardust Guardian now has a more much vigorous and aggressive attack, and he will attack automatically without prompting. All resemblance to a certain anime is purely coincidental.

index.php

GRAPHICS OVERHAUL

View attachment 269904

View attachment 269905

View attachment 269906

View attachment 269907
As with our balance and mechanics review, the team has put a fresh coat of paint on a number of things in Terraria. Biomes, Furniture Sets, even some Enemies have been given the makeover treatment!

index.php

index.php

BESTIARY & ZOOLOGIST NPC

View attachment 269912

The world of Terraria is so chock-full of content, it can be hard to keep track of it all! Sure, the Guide has you covered for crafting recipes and the Terraria Wiki is fantastic - but don't you wish there was a way to know more about your foes? Where can I find the Lost Girl? How much health does a Derpling have? How many coins can I get from farming Jellyfish? Wonder no more, for the Terraria Bestiary is here!

As you defeat foes, you will learn more and more about them - key stats, locations, drop rates, background info and more!

Learn all about the Terraria Bestiary by reading our recent Feature Article on the topic!

Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

View attachment 269900

Filling out your Bestiary will have other tangible benefits for you as well, courtesy of the brand new Zoologist NPC!

View attachment 269914
This friendly caretaker will share a variety of rewards with you as your Bestiary progresses - from fun vanity items to pets to unique kites, and ever more useful tools such as minecarts and much more! Be sure to check in with her from time to time and see what she has in store!

index.php

index.php

OVER 1,000 NEW ITEMS - BRINGING THE TOTAL ITEM COUNT TO OVER 5,000!

You heard that right - Over. One. Thousand. New. Items.

Obviously, we cannot show you each and every one of these, but let's dive into a few examples to whet your appetite, shall we?

New Summoner Weapon Class - Whips

View attachment 270563

Summoners were at a shortage of good weapon options, so we gave them a whole class to play with - *green hair not included*

index.php

Starcannon v2

giphy.gif

index.php

Celebration Mk. II

giphy.gif

index.php

Scarab Bombs

index.php

index.php

New Minecarts, Including the Minecarp!

giphy.gif

index.php

New Mounts, Including the Lava Shark (Doo doo doo)

index.php

index.php

New Aesthetic Items - Furniture, Paintings, and More!

index.php

index.php

View attachment 269920

View attachment 269921

index.php

index.php

NEW CHALLENGING FOES TO FACE, CRITTERS TO FIND AND BOSSES TO BATTLE

What Journey would be complete without a brand new set of enemies lurking in the shadows to thwart your plans and test your skills? Journey's End is no different!

19 NEW ENEMIES TO TEST YOUR METTLE

View attachment 270693
This roaming Gnome is here to end your Journey in all the worst ways

View attachment 270695
Not content to hop around on the ground anymore, the Balloon Slimes have taken to the skies!

index.php

22 NEW CRITTERS - AND 5 GOLD CRITTERS - TO MEET (AND SHOVE INTO A TERRARIUM)

View attachment 270696
Innocent Ladybugs flit around in search of nectar

View attachment 270697
Having grown up around Gem Trees, Crystal Bunnies have evolved in unique ways!

index.php

TWO NEW BOSSES FOR YOU TO DISCOVER AND BATTLE

View attachment 270780
We tried to get you further information on these bosses, but they are a very closely-guarded secret!

index.php

TWO NEW MINIBOSSES WITH A SCORE TO SETTLE, INCLUDING THE TERRIFYING DREADNAUTILUS!

View attachment 270698
index.php

FAIRIES - HEY, LISTEN AND FOLLOW, IF YOU DARE!

View attachment 270699

index.php

index.php

EXPAND YOUR TERRARIA EMPIRE - PYLONS, TOWN BUILDING, AND NPC HAPPINESS

TREAT 'EM RIGHT! - NPC HAPPINESS

During Journey's End development, we conducted a focus group with all of the Terraria NPCs. Outside of some very strange requests (no, Guide, we cannot 'remove all doors at night'), their feedback was very clear: they are tired of being shoved into tiny cubicles or L shaped tubes and they want you to know this!

In order to help raise NPC morale so that they could be at their very best - and to reward players who go that extra mile to treat their NPCs with the respect they deserve, we are introducing the NPC Happiness System. How does it work? What does this mean for you? We have provided some details below, but you can check out our full Feature Article on the topic linked below as well!

What affects NPC Happiness?

• NPCs are happier when you locate them in biomes that they prefer
  • NPCs are happier when they like their neighbors
  • NPCs are happier when they are not overcrowded with other NPCs

Adding nice furniture and aesthetics doesn't directly affect NPC Happiness... but it sure will make you feel better about yourself when your friends come over for a visit. ;)

What Happens if my NPCs are Happy/Unhappy?

• NPC Shop prices will adjust based upon how happy each NPC is at the time
  • If you make an NPC happy enough, you will gain access to a Pylon for that Biome (more on this below!)
How can I tell if my NPCs are Happy?

• You will notice a new dialogue option for Happiness for each NPC
  • This will give you hints about what might make them happier as well!

View attachment 268871

index.php

ROADS, WE WON'T NEED ROADS - INTRODUCING PYLONS

We briefly mentioned these mysterious Pylons in our section on things you can get with happy NPCs. So what are these, and why should you care? Well, if you have enough happy NPCs in a given biome, you will unlock the use of a Pylon for that biome. Pylons allow you to instantly teleport from one Pylon to another! With Pylons in place, your "big central base" now becomes an interconnected network of cool outposts all over the world, allowing you to get around quickly without the need to lay tracks or teleporters... and providing you a home away from home wherever you are!

Pylon 04.png

PYLON INSTRUCTION MANUAL

You can only have one Pylon of a given biome type placed at a time (so you can not have, for example, an Ocean Pylon at both Oceans)

Pylons must be placed in their aligned biome in order to function (you can place them anywhere else, but they will not work!)

Pylons must also have two nearby (and living) NPCs in order to function - again, the idea here is to reward building those bases/towns! :)

Pylons cannot be used during Boss Battles or Invasion Events!

zUq6pUA.gif

Pylons are quite easy to use. Once placed in their aligned biome, you simply click on a nearby pylon. This will take you to the map screen where you can locate another placed pylon to which you want to teleport, click it and off you go!

index.php

index.php

YOU'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT - BLOOD MOON & LAVA FISHING AND MORE!

Fishing has received a full review and expansion with Journey's End! Now rebalanced to make things feel more in line with how they should be, and with new places to fish, there is no better time to bust out the old rod and reel to see if the fish are biting! Be careful though... because some creatures that lurk beneath the water bite harder than others.

BLOOD MOON FISHING
Fishing during a Blood Moon? What kind of lunatic are you?! The kind that is willing to risk bodily harm for the chance at unique loot, that's who! When the red moon rises, it's time to grab your tacklebox and hit up your favorite fishing hole... just remember, the red tide holds more than just rewards in the murky deep.

View attachment 270705
Vampire Frog - a New Friend You Can Summon to Your Side

As2msu0.gif

Chum Bucket - Toss Some in the Water and See What You Can Fish Up

View attachment 270701
The Bloodthirsty Goblin Shark

index.php

LAVA FISHING

Similarly to Blood Moon fishing, Lava Fishing is a hazardous occupation... and one that should have its own just rewards!

View attachment 270700
Lava Fishing:
  • Previously, Lava fishing existed in a limited form through the Hotline Fishing Hook, which was a Hardmode only reward from the Angler
  • There were only 3 drops: two fish that were used for potions, and the Obsidian Swordfish
Now, Lava Fishing has been expanded to pre-Hardmode, through new forms of Lava Fishing.
  • You can now find Lava critters in the Underworld. When used for bait with ANY fishing rod, they will allow you to fish things up from lava. However, they can only be caught with a Lavaproof Bug Net!
  • You can now obtain the two original Lava fish before the Wall of Flesh, as well as several other uncommon fishing drops, and all new Lava Fishing Crates! The Obsidian Swordfish is still Hardmode only.
  • Lava Fishing Crates contain their own exclusive loot pool, and always contain an Obsidian Lock Box
  • Obsidian Lock Boxes contain Shadow Chest loot, and can be unlocked as long as you have a Shadow Key in your inventory. It will not be consumed when opening Obsidian Lock Boxes.
  • In addition to Lava bait, one of the rewards of Lava Crates is a Lavaproof Fishing Hook, which is an accessory that allows free Lava fishing with any fishing rod
All forms of Lava fishing (Bait, Accessory, or Fishing Rod) grant the same Lava fishing abilities, but using two or more sources of Lava fishing at the same time will offer an additional bonus that speeds up Lava Fishing

index.php

CRATES & REAVER SHARK

Terraria has always embraced the ability to progression-skip... but within certain guardrails. Let's be honest - the drive to use Ocean Fishing to basically skip from early game all the way over exploring for ores in Pre-Hardmode and Hardmode was more than a bit much. So, we have brought these back inside the bounds - they are still very viable and useful tools/methods, just no longer the obviously-overpowered things that they once were.

View attachment 270702
Ah, our old friend the Reaver Shark - favorite tool of many to essentially skip most of Pre-Hardmode with only minimal fishing effort. This one was so out of tune, it reached meme status - and so we have lowered the mining power of the Reaver Shark from 100 to 59.

This will make the Reaver Shark capable of mining anything up to Demonite/Crimtane - so it is still valuable and useful, but no longer the "skip to the end" tool it once was.

View attachment 270703
Fishing in Pre-Hardmode to skip early Hardmode was an example of a fun alternate path to progression, but taken too far. You can still fish up ores and alternate ores via Crates - but now, Pre-Hardmode Crates will only contain Pre-Hardmode ores and vice versa for Crates fished up in Hardmode. This allows you to fish instead of mine, but at least forces you to face the challenges of early Hardmode to do so.

index.php

index.php

EPIC TUNES TO SET THE MOOD - 14 NEW MUSIC TRACKS

View attachment 270704
14 new tracks added to the game!

Brand new Title Track!

Long overdue, the winning track of Terraria’s music contest by Xenon and DJ Sniper has been implemented as a music box!

Duke Fishron now has his own theme

ALL OF THESE WILL ALSO BE ADDED TO THE OFFICIAL TERRARIA SOUNDTRACK, AVAILABLE ON STEAM AND ELSEWHERE

index.php

A WHOLE NEW TERRARIA TOOLBOX - NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH

Journey's End brings with it a couple of fun new options to explore - bringing two formerly-experimental features into the foreground as now fully-integrated elements of Terraria!

WORLD SEEDS

View attachment 270933
Simply put, if any two players (or the same player) inputs the same information into this box, they will load up the same world. So, if you find a particularly amazing worldgen, you can relive the experience over and over again.. or share it with your friends!

There is no time like today to try out the World Seed feature!

index.php

TEXTURE PACK SUPPORT
A previously-available Experimental Feature, Texture Pack support now steps into spotlight with its own option in the main menu!

View attachment 270558

Please note that you will still need to do some setup here, and Re-Logic cannot control how any given Texture pack is set up, etc. To add a texture pack, download it from wherever the pack authors have placed the pack. Save the file to your My Documents>My Games>Terraria>Resource Packs folder. If your Texture Pack author has correctly set up the pack, it will now appear in the Texture Pack browser, as seen above!

Click the Red/Right arrow to add/enable a pack. Click the Green/Left arrow to disable a pack. Information about a pack can be seen by clicking the hamburger icon.

Pack creators, please note that you will need to be certain that your files are set up as <Pack Name>/Content/Images, and you MUST add a "pack.json" file to your Texture Pack in the root directory in order for it to appear in the browser, like above. See sample JSON below.

JSON:
{
    "Name": "Pack Name",
    "Author": "Author",
    "Description": "Place a one-line brief description of your pack here",
    "Version": {
        "major": 1,
        "minor": 0
    }
}

index.php

index.php

FULL STEAM AHEAD: TMODLOADER NOW AVAILABLE AS FREE DLC FOR MODDED PLAY

That's right, tModLoader has now arrived on Steam as a free DLC for Terraria alongside Journey's End!

Read the Full Feature Article on this below:

Full Steam Ahead! tModLoader to Launch as Free DLC for Terraria with Journey's End!

Though fully-integrated official mod support is not something that is feasible within the Terraria codebase, tModLoader has served faithfully as that "bridge" between the main game and the amazing library of player-created mods that exists for Terraria. With this launch, modding has never been more visible or accessible for Terrarians - so, if you have not ever tried out modded Terraria, there is no time like the present!

The launch version of TML for Steam is currently based on the 1.3.5 version of the game - as are all of the currently-available mods out there. This will allow for players to continue to enjoy modded Terraria uninterrupted while they can also separately dive into all that Journey's End/1.4 has to offer on the vanilla side of the fence. The TML Team will be working diligently to get a 1.4-tier TML out as quickly as possible on Steam so that, as mods are updated to the 1.4 standard, support for them will already be available.

index.php

Always remember that playing with mods is at your own risk, etc. Neither Re-Logic nor the TML Team can vouch for the quality and/or functionality of each and every mod. If you are having issues with any specific mod, the best way to sort that out is to get in touch with the team behind that specific mod!

index.php

Future plans also include the addition of Steam Workshop support underneath the TML banner, allowing mod creators to upload and host their mods on Steam for the first time. This will take the accessibility and visibility of these amazing community creations to yet another level.

The Re-Logic team feels strongly that with Journey's End being the final major content update to Terraria, there is no better way to tie things off than to hand the keys over to the fans. With tModLoader and a stable foundation to work from in 1.4, modders are now free to explore any number of ways that the game might be interpreted or experienced. We cannot wait to see where you take this wonderful world that we have created!

Check out the Steam Page for tModLoader below - and wishlist it today... for downloading Saturday!

View attachment 269925

index.php

CLEANING UP THE STREETS - FIXING BUGS & EXPLOITS
Bugs. You hate em, we hate em.

What major update would be complete without a plethora of bug fixes? We took the time to address a handful of common exploits as well - don't worry, your Hoiks are safe!

How many bugs you say? Over 450 bugs have been addressed alongside making sure all of the new content is in a great place.

Want to know if your favorite bug has been addressed in Journey's End? Check out the full text bugfix changelog below!

index.php

index.php
Ah, the last one is where I am represented...

does that mean there is also a dried oasis, or is that just the general desert?

So, if you have already bought the soundtrack, it will just update it, if I understand it correctly?

Ah, now that I've read that time to...

Oh, son of a ...
Wyvern mount would be cool

<moderator edit to fix BBCode quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom