There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo... I thought when they redid the framework in the last console update, it was to consolidate it with the PC version so that both the PC and Console would hit relatively at the same time..? I mean, I know that it has to go through Sony and Microsoft testing, etc - but I get the feeling that since they don't have a real definite answer on the console front for a release schedule it's going to be months before it hits console? Maybe even end of year? I mean, I have it for both PC and console, so I don't feel one way about it or the other; just bites cause I actually do prefer playing it on console.

Also, how bittersweet is this? Harkens back to the old Tony Stark line, "Part of the journey is the end.."

the biggest hurdle i imagine is the state of the world, since i don't think pipeworks is accustomed to working remotely like re-logic, so the console progress is gonna slow down significantly, i assume.

this year is terrible... i'm sure for some, it's an amazing year, especially the PC players here... but i play excluslvely on console.

so i have to sit here and watch everyone else be happy while my misery grows more intense by the day, so... yeah, not a fun year. %:sigh:

Quick question...

When is the update coming in console and mobile?

they don't have an estimate, yet.

but my personal guess would be no sooner than this time next year, depending on how long this crisis lasts.

I'm probably an idiot, but I wish this was paid DLC. I have played well over 1000 hours of this game (mostly co-op) and have to rate this as one of the best buys I've made in my life. I bought about 5 or 6 copies of Terraria for friends because I wanted to reward the developers for creating and supporting this fantastic game for so long.
This latest update is really stunning work, so my hat's off to you.
If ever you decided to do a Terraria 2, or further expand on Terraria 1 with one or more paid packs... I'm in!

i don't really understand that way of thinking...

i get that people wouldn't MIND paying for the terraria updates, because they're far superior than most DLC we get for games nowadays... but WISHING for it to be paid, instead of free?

that has me worried about what kinda effects today's gaming industry is having on people's minds... which only makes me MORE thankful for developers like re-logic, and pipeworks, as well as the console version publisher, 505 games, for being so good as to keep the console updates free, as well.

Last edited:
I am reading this almost in tears. This game, this world, this journey has been one of the greatest things that has happened to me. All I can say is thank you guys, for making this game, you all are awesome and I wish you the best. I love Terraria and I have many good memories that will last very long. I hope to see Re-logic doing great and I can't wait for your next HIT! Love from Poland.

if it does (and i hope it does) end up on console the game may end up too harsh on the system to play or the controls may be to strange for some things, but i am sure things will be figured out.

You can still fish up both sets of ores... you just have to do it in two sets now. Once for pre and once for post HM.
Is it still possible to renewably obtain pre-HM ores in hardmode? Some recipes require them, and it'd be pretty silly to have to eventually go back to a regular world to get resources for a hardmode world.

Post-launch edit: Yes, pre-HM ores still spawn from HM crates!

Last edited:
if it does (and i hope it does) end up on console the game may end up too harsh on the system to play or the controls may be to strange for some things, but i am sure things will be figured out.

if it was too much for the ps4, i'm pretty sure we'd have known by now, just like when 1.3 was too much for the ps3, which is why updates stopped for the previous gen.

even then, ps5 is coming at the end of this year, and i'd honestly be surprised if terraria isn't ported to that, as well.

i dunno what you mean by "controls being too strange"... the game as-is works perfectly fine control-wise... nothing feels strange at all to me.

what new things could possibly change the controls that much? i doubt golfing, flying kites, or whatever else would change things...

Is it still possible to renewably obtain pre-HM ores in hardmode? Some recipes require them, and it'd be pretty silly to have to eventually go back to a regular world to get resources for a hardmode world.
Yes, with silt/slush/Desert Fossil at an Extractinator, You can do that now in 1.3.5

Will this update provide an item that lets us skip to night time? I usually temporarily load up a dedicated server to do it, since I don't like waiting for night time to do certain boss fights and events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom