There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the death penalty for dying in Journey Mode? Is it a setting?
From what I saw in the stream, it seems it's only money, like a softcore character, and the amount depends on the difficulty. For instance, they're playing Journey on Master difficulty and they seem to be losing all the money when they die. Not 100% but that's what it seems from watching.

As frustrating as it was to wait through the delays, I'll say this: 1.4 delivers. It managed to be worth the wait. 1.3 was already a substantially new game, and this is clearly larger in scope than that was.

From what I've read so far, this has done away with most of my biggest gripes from the current build (mostly QoL things), and any changes on my wish list I didn't get are pretty trivial. This definitely looks to be the "complete" Terraria, and the improvement in design quality over the years has me optimistic for the sequel, even if that's no doubt several years off (as it should be).

Well done. Can't wait to dig into this. Might just get a feeding tube installed at this point.

Ok, the death message for being killed by the Gnome better be "___ was gnomed"

"Hoo hoo hoo hee ho ha!"
"Hello there old chum!"
"I'm g'not a g'nelf..."
"I'm g'not a g'noblin..."
"I'm a g'nome! And you've been... GNOOOOMED!"

It says that he'll end your journey in all the worst ways, and he has the same color palette as the meme, so maybe...?
I can't wait for this update. Looking back, it's like Terraria was in beta all this time compared to Journey's End!

You guys are the best, this game is perfect now.

We need a granite or marble boss:redmunch:
I believe modded versions of terraria have already done a better job implementing that than the dev team could hope to surpass without more effort than its worth (I think it’s either thorium or calamity)

I don't know if I wanna cry or celebrate or both. Probly both. This has been such an amazing ride, and ya'll have absolutely no idea how much Terraria means to me. I've put 1500 hours into this game and still haven't seen everything it has to offer, haven't even gotten all the achievements. I fully expect to put thousands more hours into this game. Doesn't matter how many times I restart, just to feel like it's a new beginning all over again. This update may be called "Journey's End", but for me, the journey won't be over until I die.

Sorry for going full cheezeball on the thread here but it feels right lol

This is awesome. Great respect for all of your work from the very beginning of this game.

I don't know if I wanna cry or celebrate or both. Probly both. This has been such an amazing ride, and ya'll have absolutely no idea how much Terraria means to me. I've put 1500 hours into this game and still haven't seen everything it has to offer, haven't even gotten all the achievements. I fully expect to put thousands more hours into this game. Doesn't matter how many times I restart, just to feel like it's a new beginning all over again. This update may be called "Journey's End", but for me, the journey won't be over until I die.

Sorry for going full cheezeball on the thread here but it feels right lol

I feel the same way. This is one of the best games of last decade

Can't wait for doing a new playthrough after a long hiatus. Really looking forward to the new world generation and ambiance.

Drops at 4 am here in the far east, should be a patch by the time I get out of bed ~:D

Giddyup!

Ohmygosh, I cannot wait for 1 pm tomorrow! I have websites ready for when I wake up to guide me through getting steam on my small little Chromebook, so even I can enjoy this masterpiece! One problem: this rat is broke... however, no matter the price, I'll buy it! From my first taste with a google play tutorial when i was a young 7 years old, to now, playing on my phone and switch, this has been a ride I've hopped on and glued myself to the seat of. I have nowhere near impressive playtime, being ~400 hours total, but this has been my coping mechanism, especially during these times. I always know I can sit down and beat up some intergalactic butt if I'm feeling down. In a way, this has helped me grow up into the person I am today, and in the future. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I couldn't have been a better dude without you guys. I love everyone here and am patiently waiting for the moment I can grasp my precious finch staff! <3

A game that started from the lowest,ended to the highest simply an incredible change. Too bad I’ll have to wait four years for him to be out on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom