Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

Microgravity Slime Physics

OK, I'm being silly, but you know how when you get near the top of the map you fall much slower? I never realized this affected enemies until today. I'm on a floating island high enough to have space music, and suddenly I see this slime doing super-high slow-motion jumps.

OK, I'm being silly, but you know how when you get near the top of the map you fall much slower? I never realized this affected enemies until today. I'm on a floating island high enough to have space music, and suddenly I see this slime doing super-high slow-motion jumps.
Space slimes are the best of all the slimes. Imagine a space king slime fight. Or space pinkys.

Wow. A slime that high? That must be an extremely rare occurrence, I usually see only harpies and the occasional wyvern or martian probe.

Wow. A slime that high? That must be an extremely rare occurrence, I usually see only harpies and the occasional wyvern or martian probe.
Not sure, either it was because this was a small world and things are more compressed, or perhaps this particular island was right and the critical boundary. But more than one slime actually spawned while I was up there, so clearly the conditions were right somehow.

You don't need walls for item frames. Always thought you did until I saw the little iron grip when I placed it next to a block.
KzhyQ2i.png

You don't need walls for item frames. Always thought you did until I saw the little iron grip when I placed it next to a block.
KzhyQ2i.png

I remember trying that... or maybe it was weapon frames, pre-1.3 and it used to be you needed walls. I'm glad to see they changed that! Now I can actually make things like taverns and weapon shops.

I imagine if you're standing on a cloud during Slime Rain, you'll see slimes up there?

Or, statues....

Apparently the Destroyer got a new sprite in 1.3...and it took me over a year to notice

Guess I overlooked it with all those yoyos and suspicious looking tentacles and stuff 'q'

(Steef told me about it, and I dug)

20150708221831%21The_Destroyer.png

The_Destroyer.png
It's kinda funny, as I told you about because I havn't realised the same thing either, probably also been blinded by all the new stuff.

Untill I fought it again yesterday. <.<

Apparently the Destroyer got a new sprite in 1.3...and it took me over a year to notice

Guess I overlooked it with all those yoyos and suspicious looking tentacles and stuff 'q'

(Steef told me about it, and I dug)

20150708221831%21The_Destroyer.png

The_Destroyer.png
Is it sad I still can't tell the difference? Which is the new sprite?

Not sure, either it was because this was a small world and things are more compressed, or perhaps this particular island was right and the critical boundary. But more than one slime actually spawned while I was up there, so clearly the conditions were right somehow.
As long as there is a large enough surface they can in theory spawn in the sky normally sky islands are two small to be able to spawn surface enemies but with a sky bridge...
On my skybridge (large expert world) I get slimes, wraiths, zombies, possessed armors and demon eyes along with my Harpies and Wyverns. Surface enemies need a surface to spawn on, Sky enemies just need open sky. But if you have open sky and a large enough surface the game will spawn surface enemies

Back
Top Bottom