Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

I also didnt know that when you mine a single block out of a sky lake it will flow infinitely down

This behavior is consistent with ALL water; if the source if the water is far enough away, the game "forgets" to subtract the falling water from the water left at the source and so what you get is infinite water. Same thing happens if you dig a hellevator and break an underground lake and quickly go down to the underworld before it drains. It'll keep falling and falling and falling. Similarly if you move away from the Underworld, the water won't evaporate like it should until you disturb the water level somehow.

Exiting the game and going back in, however, will cause the lake(s) to immediately drain as the game recalculates the liquid levels in the entire world at once. I don't remember if this also causes the Underworld water to evaporate or not. Been awhile.

Actually, I know you're wrong, because the Tales of the Terrarian adventure map uses them in it's hub world and that map is vanilla.
You probably mean demon torches then, or an obsidian lamp, because there's no such thing as a "Demon Lamp" in vanilla.
And if that map really has a Demon Lamp, then I'm sure the vanilla game removes it upon world load due to it being a non-existent item.

You probably mean demon torches then, or an obsidian lamp, because there's no such thing as a "Demon Lamp" in vanilla.
And if that map really has a Demon Lamp, then I'm sure the vanilla game removes it upon world load due to it being a non-existent item.
Ah, sorry... I'm dumb, I thought it was called a demon lamp because of the flame color.

I learned only a month ago that frogs only croak at night. Wheeee now we can just throw out a frog whenever we're caving and wondering if it's daytime on the surface yet.

Ghostar and I just found out today that Rune Wizards are invisible when they spawn, and only appear visible when injured. Somehow we never knew this after 6 years of Rune Wizard being in the game.
Wait, so their sprite is hidden but the particle effect still shows? I always wondered why I couldn't see their shape under all that bright looking stuff...

Interesting, I remember them been overloaded with rune particles, and only saw the skeleton face when I started to hit them.
But I havn't noticed that there's only the particles of all.

Wait, so their sprite is hidden but the particle effect still shows? I always wondered why I couldn't see their shape under all that bright looking stuff...

Yep. Its kinda hard to see due to the particle spam, but its literally because they ARE invisible! I went back and watched old videos of 1.2 to confirm, and its always been true.

And we checked, its not a bug. Its like that intentionally.

0x33%27s_Aviators.png
0x33%27s_Aviators_%28equipped%29.png
The 0x33's Aviators exist as vanity headgear. I had noooo idea they were a thing. I've never done anything but softcore mode, but I still obsess about Terraria's game content regardless. It shocked and surprised me. Thank goodness I'm not much of a Vanity gear kind of person.

Back
Top Bottom