Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

There’s actually a very specific set of weapons you’re able to use at the same time as the Flying Knife, including the Phantasm, Ice Bow, and several others. This means that you can use an ichor flask to apply ichor without switching from these weapons.

Now, you might not know this, but the monk set had more defense than the stardust armor set. I know Terraria logic is broken, and that can be funny, but this is simply broken. This isn't much big of a deal, don't change it, but it makes no sense. o_O

Now, you might not know this, but the monk set had more defense than the stardust armor set. I know Terraria logic is broken, and that can be funny, but this is simply broken. This isn't much big of a deal, don't change it, but it makes no sense. o_O
Hi there @CursedScooby this is the Suggestions section of the forum, where players propose things be added/changed to the game. Do you have a suggestion about the monk set and stardust armor?

Nah, I just wrote it to confuse you:)
Ah, okay. Since that is the case, and it’s not a suggestion thread, I’ll move your thread into the already existing thread named “Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?” which kinda sorta is a similar topic to yours (discussing things that people may not know about the game).

I found out that Iron Bars, in game, do not look exactly like their sprite.

Apparently (for some reason I'm not exactly sure of, as it happened a long time ago), Iron Bars have a subtle coloration effect added through the code, that makes their inventory/item sprite a slightly different shade than the sprite itself.

I feel like my life is a slight lie now.

’Twas ever thus from childhood's hour. All that we “know” is partly a lie. Our task is to detect and minimize the untrue portion of what we “know”.

Perception is by definition filtered from raw sensory input, whether by the optic nerve and brain or by extraneous factors such as, um, software. We may approach pure truth only insofar as we can perceive it; yet we may account for, and to some extent compensate for, known distortions and inaccuracies.

So think this: your knowledge (and now ours) of this coloration effect allows you to mentally adjust, and so to perceive with greater fidelity than before you learned it.

By knowing the lie we may hope to correct for it.

I found out that Iron Bars, in game, do not look exactly like their sprite.

Apparently (for some reason I'm not exactly sure of, as it happened a long time ago), Iron Bars have a subtle coloration effect added through the code, that makes their inventory/item sprite a slightly different shade than the sprite itself.

I feel like my life is a slight lie now.
I thought this sounded crazy, but it's completely true, that's so strange.
For those who aren't sure how to go about seeing this for themselves, here's the raw sprite taken straight from the files (left), next to the sprite as it appears in-game when dropped as an item in good lighting (right).

Item_22.png
ironbar.png

I was sure that the Princess NPC was somehow tied to Plantera, in the same manner The Guide was to WoF, and The Clothier to Skeletron, but the Party Island seed deconfirms that theory. 🤔🥤

Side Note: On the bright side, she does confirms more in-game factions that I wasn't aware of, and also confirms that a power struggle is indeed taking place in the World of Terraria.

I was sure that the Princess NPC was somehow tied to Plantera, in the same manner The Guide was to WoF, and The Clothier to Skeletron, but the Party Island seed deconfirms that theory. 🤔🥤

Side Note: On the bright side, she does confirms more in-game factions that I wasn't aware of, and also confirms that a power struggle is indeed taking place in the World of Terraria.
The Princess spawns when you have already housed all NPCs in your world. Since the Cyborg is the last NPC, and he requires Plantera to be defeated, you could technically say the Princess is obtained right after defeating Plantera too.

The Princess spawns when you have already housed all NPCs in your world. Since the Cyborg is the last NPC, and he requires Plantera to be defeated, you could technically say the Princess is obtained right after defeating Plantera too.
True, but all I had going for that theory, was her Scepter and the Event that triggered her to spawn, not much else... 🤷‍♂️ 🥤 No matter what type of Map you're, all the other "linked" NPCs remain consistent but her, which leads me to believe, the ties she might have to Plantera are trivial at best.

I didn’t know that the Wall of Flesh spawned even if the voodoo doll that burned had never been in your inventory.
𝗗𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗼𝗙 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘃𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗼𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗹𝗹?

Back
Top Bottom