Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

It was today that I learned that the Angler needs to be present in the world somewhere for the Mechanic to sell the Mechanic’s Rod. I guess I’ve always gotten the Angler pretty quickly in a playthrough that I never noticed this requirement.

edited to add: I should have mentioned that the Angler needs to be in the world, in addition to the other requirements. :)

Last edited:
Huh… that is new

I just realized that most expensive possible thing in Terraria is actually the pirates parrot cracker, at about 11 plat I’m pretty sure

Found out today that we had a Tin and Tungsten Watch.

In my years, I MUST have seen these items at least a few times. I've literally done manual item review for all 5000 items in the game at least a few times. And yet, seeing them in-game, especially the Tungsten one, I cannot ever recall having seen it once before.

Literally anything past 1.3.5. :D

That was the last version I played in which I had completed essentially everything. I had read everything on the Wiki and had a good grasp of everything in game.

Then 1.4 hit while I was hiatus, and I'm still discovering new things, like the Flame Walker boots. :D

Quoting @ExoticCharm :
"Regardless of the hundreds of hours that I have put into this game, there always seems to be something new that I discover. I didn't know that the sun would where sunglasses every time you did until a couple months ago. Also, I never knew about the enchanted sword (and how could you without looking at the wiki).

What mechanics/items/secrets did you not know about despite your massive time with this game?"

Well allow me to start this:
View attachment 4392
If you're standing still on Rudolph for a time , he's eating grass. I didn't know that untill today.
i forgor 💀

20220817113400_1a.jpg

Was today years old, when I found out that Man Eaters and Snatchers are two different Enemies. 🤦‍♂️

Dragon snatchers are not in vanilla anymore, dragon armor is still craftable, the crimson heart and shadow orb have the same drop rate, and finally rats are wayyyyy rarer than i thought!

Back
Top Bottom