Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

It's always been like that.

An NPC that qualifies for selling a Pylon will always sell every Pylon for which they are currently in the biome for, so if you are able to overlap biomes that are possible to be overlapped, they will indeed sell all of them.

I was looking at the wiki and found the Ultrabright Helmet. It's been in the game since 1.4.0 and I had no idea it existed. It looks quite useful early game, as it combines the functionality of the Miner Helmet and Night Vision Helmet, and has a decent defense of 4.

I was looking at the wiki and found the Ultrabright Helmet. It's been in the game since 1.4.0 and I had no idea it existed. It looks quite useful early game, as it combines the functionality of the Miner Helmet and Night Vision Helmet, and has a decent defense of 4.
It would be, if it wasn't so quickly outclassed by several other options. :D

By the time you do have access to the tinkerer's table and the two helmets, you could have set up a decent potion farm to make a good supply of shine potions and night owl potions or just get the magiluminescence and save your helmet slot for something better. :D

It would be, if it wasn't so quickly outclassed by several other options. :D

By the time you do have access to the tinkerer's table and the two helmets, you could have set up a decent potion farm to make a good supply of shine potions and night owl potions or just get the magiluminescence and save your helmet slot for something better. :D
I never really set up potion farms. I usually get enough herbs passively to make more potions than I'll use in a playthrough.
The thing with this helmet is that it doesn't cancel the set bonus of the Mining Armour, apparently. That means that it's still very useful for early-game mining and building, since the Mining Set makes it a lot faster to begin with. Not my choice for bossing, but I can swap armour for that.

I never really set up potion farms. I usually get enough herbs passively to make more potions than I'll use in a playthrough.
The thing with this helmet is that it doesn't cancel the set bonus of the Mining Armour, apparently. That means that it's still very useful for early-game mining and building, since the Mining Set makes it a lot faster to begin with. Not my choice for bossing, but I can swap armour for that.
I forgot loadouts were a thing. Guess It isn't trash like I thought :D

But it's cool that it doesn't negate the mining set bonus. That absolutely bumps it up in my eyes, especially if it means I have to farm less. :)

I have never considered setting up a potion farm solely for shine/night owl potions considering it's temporary use, and I would prefer the helmet over it at any time.

Loadouts only makes it more convenient to use.

I really only got used to it because it was my only option on the 360. I pretty much used it the entire game too, since the lightpets were quite bad. :D

It is much more convenient, though.

The magenet sphere spellbook. Like wtf? I never have heard of it and yet i got it first time yesterday!
same thing goes for the electrosphere canon and laser drill! No clue!

Or you could use loadout swap with mining armor. Potions may not be a grind but they just stack with it anyway for increased effect, and it has a set bonus for something you don’t really need combative armor for anyway. “Saving helmet slots” became irrelevant the moment they added 2 additional helmet slots

Or you could use loadout swap with mining armor. Potions may not be a grind but they just stack with it anyway for increased effect, and it has a set bonus for something you don’t really need combative armor for anyway. “Saving helmet slots” became irrelevant the moment they added 2 additional helmet slots
I forgot loadouts were a thing. Guess It isn't trash like I thought :D

But it's cool that it doesn't negate the mining set bonus. That absolutely bumps it up in my eyes, especially if it means I have to farm less. :)
^^ :D

Oh whoops :D
I got it drilled through my head, yeah. :D

No worries though. Im a little thick so the more the better. ;)

On a completely separate note, I wasn't aware that the Rich Mahogany wand was a thing. I always wondered what that rooted wood was, it looked so nice.

I've been using my first loadout for combat, the second for Building, and I didn't care about the third until I found out that the Angler Earring's buff stacks with the Angler Tackle Bag and Lavaproof Tackle Bag. I just assumed that didn't work because the Celestial Shell's effects don't stack with its parts. Add the new Fishing Bobber (which doesn't have its buff stack with other Bobbers) and you've got +40 Fishing Power in Accessories or +55 if you count the Angler Armor too!

I found that out because I checked out this Fishing Calculator for fun.

I didn't know about the rod of discord's existence for the longest time, found out about it when a friend of mine told me that he had been grinding chaos elementals for it

This was before I would scroll the wiki looking for ways to avoid Moon Lord's Phantasmal Deathray

I didn't know about the rod of discord's existence for the longest time, found out about it when a friend of mine told me that he had been grinding chaos elementals for it

This was before I would scroll the wiki looking for ways to avoid Moon Lord's Phantasmal Deathray
same i was just starting terraria and did not know what the hell i was doing
and deerclops absolutely destroyed me so bad on classic and in hard mode which i found funny he needs a nerf and he does not despawn everytime i die so i think its balanced

Back
Top Bottom