Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

Well, there's one thing I don't really care about and it is potions. I played Terraria before there were any major potions and I got by just fine. Although Heartreach potions are useful.
Heart-Reach don't do that much though, Unless you're facing either an event-type boss (However after enough waves have passed, They game isn't exactly throwing hearts out) or something like the Brain/Eater/Destroyer.

Endurance Potions though are easily one of the best things you can make, Especially in Multiplayer as the ingredients come from the same sources for Wormhole Potions.

Heart-Reach don't do that much though, Unless you're facing either an event-type boss (However after enough waves have passed, They game isn't exactly throwing hearts out) or something like the Brain/Eater/Destroyer.

Endurance Potions though are easily one of the best things you can make, Especially in Multiplayer as the ingredients come from the same sources for Wormhole Potions.
Or what about Lifeforce potions? They're hard to get, but the buff is always just as powerful. The Spelunker potion is also extremely useful.

Edit: well done getting post 666 :p

Or what about Lifeforce potions? They're hard to get, but the buff is always just as powerful. The Spelunker potion is also extremely useful.

Edit: well done getting post 666 :p
Lifeforce requires a bit more work though, You also can't make them before Hardmode. (Not to say you can't find them rarely from pots in Hell though.) It requires the user to stockpile plenty of Prismite, Along with setting up three other plant farms to stock them reliably. Anything that prolongs a user's lifetime is always going to be helpful, Especially in Expert mode. Lifeforce potions just take a lot of effort to set-up, Which hurts their reliability early on.

Spelunker Potions are sadly outdated at this point, Buying stacks of 99+ Glowsticks from the Skele merchant to always provide the buff when needed. They're nice to hold onto if you've acquired some from chests or pots, But I'd rather not waste my valuable Blinkroot on them. Additionally I'm not holding onto pre-hardmode ores after the Wall of Flesh, Excluding Iron/Lead as they have more applications. The slot is just too valuable to give up for something that has no real use.

Endurance/Wormhole Potions are the best potions to make simply because it requires very little effort to obtain the ingredients, And in the event of excess components they can be used towards other buffs the player may need.

Last edited:
Spelunker Potions are sadly outdated at this point, Buying stacks of 99+ Glowsticks from the Skele merchant to always provide the buff when needed. They're nice to hold onto if you've acquired some from chests or pots, But I'd rather not waste my valuable Blinkroot on them. Additionally I'm not holding onto pre-hardmode ores after the Wall of Flesh, Excluding Iron/Lead as they have more applications. The slot is just too valuable to give up for something that has no real use.
But that's why Spelunker Potions are better than the skeleton merchant items (glowstick or lantern), because you can see which ore is which. You can tell titanium and copper apart, and likewise you can distinguish chests from pots.

So, this isn't really in the game, but it is in the game's files. It's a whole set of furniture made out of Crystal Blocks, wich for some reason is not implemented. I extracted the files and put all of it in a picture:
10698565181344bab1fed3e646b4bf5c.png
To be honest, though: why didn't this get added? It looks really good, and it's, as far as I know, completely finished. I didn't know of the existence of Crystal Blocks until a friend pointed it out to me, and I started building with them a lot because they look so good ;(
EDIT: It's going to be in the game next update! https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/819939012261646336

Last edited:
So, this isn't really in the game, but it is in the game's files. It's a whole set of furniture made out of Crystal Blocks, wich for some reason is not implemented. I extracted the files and put all of it in a picture:

To be honest, though: why didn't this get added? It looks really good, and it's, as far as I know, completely finished. I didn't know of the existence of Crystal Blocks until a friend pointed it out to me, and I started building with them a lot because they look so good ;(
  1. You should put this (image) in the spoiler because it is basicaly a spoiler. Somebody maybe didn't see it.
  2. All previous updates werent even about basic building and didn't match theme of the update.
    1. Previous updated weren't nothing easy, so they focused to catch many bugs (did you get it?) as fast as possible.
  3. It is maybe why it wasn't released is because there still don't exist alternate flesh furniture set for the corruction worlds.....
  4. Did you catch anything broswing Terraria textures? No? Were you so blinded by a crystal furniture? I will tell it to you. There are too missing furniture set pieces and platforms.
  5. A next Terraria update and it's theme isn't confirmed. Maybe they don't plan anything big, it can mean this furniture set will be released with others, .... (like I said maybe.) Be patient.

Last edited:
  1. You should put this (image) in the spoiler because it is basicaly a spoiler. Somebody maybe didn't see it.
  2. All previous updates werent even about basic building and didn't match theme of the update.
    1. Previous updated weren't nothing easy, so they focused to catch many bugs (did you get it?) as fast as possible.
  3. It is maybe why it wasn't released is because there still don't exist alternate flesh furniture set for the corruction worlds.....
  4. Did you catch anything broswing Terraria textures? No? Were you so blinded by a crystal furniture? I will tell it to you. There are too missing furniture set pieces and platforms.
  5. A next Terraria update and it's theme isn't confirmed. Maybe they don't plan anything big, it can mean this furniture set will be released with others, .... (like I said maybe.) Be patient.
Ok, I put it in a spoiler, but now it displays as when I see it.

Now I don't know all of the furniture from the top of my head, but it's more the idea of it not having been added. Plus, it's furniture: the code is already there, and I'm no expert on making games but I suppose you could just add a certain tile with certain properties and give it a texture, wich is all already there. I don't know if they're going to add it, but I [I]hope [/I]they do.

10698565181344bab1fed3e646b4bf5c.png
I now want this in the game. Yesterday. Please... *Gives Devs Puppy Dog Eyes*

Ok, I put it in a spoiler, but now it displays as when I see it.

Now I don't know all of the furniture from the top of my head, but it's more the idea of it not having been added. Plus, it's furniture: the code is already there, and I'm no expert on making games but I suppose you could just add a certain tile with certain properties and give it a texture, wich is all already there. I don't know if they're going to add it, but I hope they do.
To be honest I like how you know it is crystal furniture, unlike this Terraria Help youtuber. Spreading worse information, when I see those comments I can only cringe. video link:
You are not only person who like Crystal Blocks, I kinda hope crystal lights won't be kinda shard as Rainbow Torches.
Crystal furnitureseem to be partly working + don't exist as item.
I now want this in the game. Yesterday. Please... *Gives Devs Puppy Dog Eyes*
Trust me. It is to Jonathan too. I know it kinda hurts but be patient. This method won't work. I wish for you that next update will be about building (that mean furniture too).

I didn't know that the dungeon had multiple sets of walls for different types of enemies to spawn during hardmode.
I also didn't know that one dungeon can consist of all 3 types of walls allowing you to get all the dungeon enemies in one world.

Back
Top Bottom