Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

Damn I've never noticed them before...
If you get a house of 4+ NPCs in the jungle, all enemies that spawn while you're in the house will be replaced by frogs, and they start to swarm the area around you (they also sell for 15 silver coins each, with literally no downside, and they have a gold variant just like bunnies!)

Odd, because anything placeable will be labelled "CAN BE PLACED" in the tooltip. Always thought that was rather obvious, but I suppose that's just me?

Odd, because anything placeable will be labelled "CAN BE PLACED" in the tooltip. Always thought that was rather obvious, but I suppose that's just me?
Well that remind me that people like Northernlion and Pewdiepie tried ask a guide what they can craft with non-material items, ...

You expect people to read?

I suppose it's because I'm an older gamer and there used to be a LOT more text in games during the DOS days than games of today I suppose. Meh.

Well that remind me that people like Northernlion and Pewdiepie tried ask a guide what they can craft with non-material items, ...

Well, suppose it falls under the same category of just simply not reading the tiny tooltips ingame, lol. I dunno about anybody else, but if I pick up a new item that I never saw before, first thing I do is check its flags.... is it a material? Is it placeable, etc. Especially with accessories, because I'm curious if I can make anything good out of it. So I see if it says "Material" or not.

But, I will acknowledge I'm just weird, and that could be one of the many ways that I am.

Nah, you're right though. I never knew that about fossils either. I kept wondering "Where the heck do I get the fossils necessary to build the Fossil armor and stuff? Why can't I build the Amber Staff?" I NEVER thought to run fossils through the extractinator. I'm also one of those people that just reads "Is a material" to see if it can be interacted with any further than simply being placed.

Yeah, running fossils through an extractor is... a bit obtuse, as the game never tells you that you can do this, and all the OTHER Extracinator materials are soft blocks that fall.... and Fossils aren't soft blocks that can fall.

That I definitely understand.

The game says "your bed is obstructed" if blocks are placed on top of it, but says absolutely nothing if you just break the wall of the room it was in.

Last edited:
Did you know that if you throw vicious powder or corrupt powder on a penguin he will turn into a viscous or corrupt penguin and if you kill enough of them they will drop the three pieces of an adorable penguin costume? Lol.

Yup. It's really cool. Also, They're banner is tough to get because you can't catch and release them before a bloodmoon. They have to naturally spawn before hand.

Well today I learnt that Flower Boots exist.

Did you also learn that you can get infinite bait with said boots? Grab a flare gun, stand on some jungle grass, and shoot the flare straight down at the grass, equip a bug net and just hold the button down. Your boots will regrow the foliage which the flare will immediately break, spawning jungle bugs that can be used for bait, which your bug net will immediately pick up.

Did you also learn that you can get infinite bait with said boots? Grab a flare gun, stand on some jungle grass, and shoot the flare straight down at the grass, equip a bug net and just hold the button down. Your boots will regrow the foliage which the flare will immediately break, spawning jungle bugs that can be used for bait, which your bug net will immediately pick up.
Yea, But With A Flail Instead Of A Flare.

Also, Meteor Brick And Crystal Blocks Apparently Exist, And Look Cool To Boot.

I can't think of anything for myself, but for the longest time, my brother didn't know about hardmode. He thought he was so great at the game, he had meteor and hellstone armor, a drax(you could get those from shadow chests back then). When he showed me the game, I thought it was the best thing ever. I started watching a bunch of Terraria stuff on youtube, and something mentioned hardmode. I looked it up, then told my brother that he was basically missing half the game.

Back
Top Bottom