Things you always do before entering hardmode?

What the hell is hardmode?
Hardmode is when you defeat the Wall of flesh for the first time, and thing's get much harder, i.e corruption start's spreading, enemie's are tougher, stuff like that, but you also get awesome gear, like wings
[DOUBLEPOST=1423772706][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any tips for a new player planning to enter hardmode? Also I know the basics with the demon altars and stuff.
Make gaint moats around the corruption using bombs, since it start's spreading once you reach hardmode, also set up lava traps outside of your house with actuators/active stone blocks, so things can't break down your doors and kill your NPC's, also, be wary of the fact that when you smash i demon altar, one block of hallow/corruption spawns somewhere in your world, so you need to find it destroy it/mine around it to stop it spreading

But that's no fun....
It's a really quick and powerful powerful start though. The Space Gun and Meteor armor are easy to get, they destroy everything in normal mode, are good enough to kill the WoF, and are effective even into hard mode; the hellevator allows for quick access to the hard mode ores; and the potions help you out a lot when you start hardmode.

The process of getting all that stuff is pretty fun!!! tee hee

DON'T build near the jungle, or crimson/corruption... herplings and derpling are buggers to kill with a megashark, so save up for that shotgun the arms dealer has, and get explosive bullets during the start of hardmode, anyways wht i do is, i gnore everyone else then regret everything i did, contemplate inventory editor. then i become strong and say NO... i must dig my way out with my deathbringer pickaxe... yep, not even molten stuff *tsk*

Have Bee Armor
Have Imp staff
Know the location of a spider cave
Make sure my base is beneath one of the oceans.
Have all the prehardmode components of my base completed
  • 20 NPC homes
  • Enough Jungle/Mushroom grass near the edge of my base to qualify for living in those biomes but arranged in a way none of those types of mobs can spawn.
  • Bed
  • A quick exit to the Bloodmoon/invasion defense room (In or above the ocean for pirate farming convenience)
  • Chest room
  • Smaller herb garden
  • Large area full of mannequins for all my armors/vanity
  • Have Tinker & Mechanic
  • Have at least one block of Water, Honey and Lava in my base
Have a Molten Pickaxe or Reaver Shark
Have a Bucket
Have the Ivy Whip
Have a Piggy Bank and Safe
Have Rocket Boots... or it's upgrades.
Have no less than 20 Chests in my chest room
Have at least 400 Health, 200 Mana
Have a Hellevator under my ocean base that branches off into protected mini biomes for farming
Have both Crimson and Corruption in my world
Have a minecart track that reaches both ends of the world.... usually in a tunnel at depth 0.
Spider banner and meteor head banner obtained
Have Slime statue.... Hopefully more than 1. I love Gel like... alot. Hoard the stuff and usually got several chests full for... reasons.
Have Shark or Chest statue.
Have Bomb Statue... Because I can't be bothered to spend money on explosions
Have a large enough Meteor Biome so meteors stop falling... After getting enough meteor to craft everything of course.

Create A lock down switch

boss arena

hell bridge

get all the easymode NPC's

Tidy up the helevator

ReaverShark = need

Giant holes on sides of crim/corrupt and sides of jungle so it cant hurt house or jungle, make more when new crim/cor and hallow comes

Night's Edge and Molten Armor

Spectre Boots and one double jump accessorie

Hi, i'm new on the forum and i would like to share with you my strategy to defeat the wall of flash, armorless and potionless, using just beenade and beeGun.
After some Queen Bee farming and get at least 200 (even less needed), i built the underground path and while i was doing it i killed the voodoo demon to get the dool.
When we throw the doll in the lava and awake the WoF we start to use the beenade and run away enough to dogde the attack.
hope to shared this in the right tread...
greetings from italy

I understand you're new, but here you should make a thread for this stuff.

I make quite a few hellevators and cut the world up into a few sections so I can easily dispose of any new sources of corruption

When I was a noob I made a village.But when I defeated the WOF I noticed taht the desert was corrupted.First I wanted to make a helleveator with bombs but it was too dangereous beacose of the creatures underground.But 1 day later I built a sky city.

I make Arenas made of Stone in the same style for hardmode when i get the Clentaminator so i can easily get all Biome Key Molds. I also remodel my Living Tree base to where it is higher off the ground. And replace the dirt around my base of the tree with Obsidian to keep things pure.

1. Make sure I have every NPC I can get at that point in the game.
  2. Have a few extra houses for whenever I find the Wizard and Truffle NPCs.
  3. I must have a 4-block wide tunnel surrounding my territory, the current Crimson/Corruption biome, one of the two oceans (usually left ocean for no reason), the Jungle, then connect them all from underground so I can travel easily at night.
  4. I need to have a 5-block wide pathway straight down to hell for easy access.
  5. Make sure I have at least one meteor head banner.
  6. A nightmare pickaxe with potions to boost mining speed so I can wall off the newly created Crimson/Corruption to avoid contamination.
  7. A phaseblade so I can easily make a phasesaber once I beat the WoF.
  8. Molten or Crimson armor
  9. A lot of health potions.
  10. A permanent storage room to hold any hard mode items I get.
That's pretty much it.

Farming in the sky until I got a giant harpy feather.
Because it's the only wings material you can get before enter hardmode. and I usually use harpy wings until I got endgame wings.

Build at least one hellevator.
and kill guide to fight the wall of fresh.

The rest is optional.

Last edited:
I know this is a little bit off topic, but I noticed several people mentioned building houses off the ground. For my first hardmode world I did this (a whole artificial floating island in fact) but in my current game I like the base I have now... so are my NPCs going to be totally massacred by wraiths if I leave it as is? (It's basically surface level, but slightly dug into the ground.)

They will have a higher chance of being slaughtered by wraiths if it is surface level. However, wraiths can only gain elevation by "climbing" through blocks. You can prevent this by building your house floating i'm assuming over 30 blocks above the surface.

I have a plan everytime I make a new world and take the time to:
1. Make a Hellevator, and a Obsidian gen
2. Make a Asphalt Track underground
3. ^ Ultimately split the world into 4 ^
4. Then I purge all Crimson/Corruption and Hallow on the surface, and
5. Create a themed Base in all the Biomes (Then make new ones for the Crimson/Corruption and Hallow after beating WOF)
6. Create a main Base in the sky and... put Npc's in unique and themed houses.
7. DEN I BEAT WOF IN TA FACE WIT BEENADES!!! :cool:
Yeah it takes forever but worth it! :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom