Casual Things you believed when you were very young

What did I believe as a child? In myself...

Uh, other than thinking I was the greatest thing since sliced bread...I thought I wanted to be famous, that public high school was more fun/better than homeschool because you could make friends (blame Disney Channel)...

I was told "stupid" was a bad word (my grandparents still tell me not to say 'heck' and my parents gave me the language talk because I use the word "frick" or f-word substitutes ["fridge," "french fries," "fudgesicles," "ffffffffahahdhrahdahj (sic)"] a lot)

My parents still tell the story of when I was six and had to get a blood test, and apparently I thought they were going to take ALL my blood and not leave any for me...

I thought my parents were trying to poison me at age 12. Uh, I had some brain issues back then. Ha, "back then"

I thought the worst part of surgery was the anesthetic and that they were always guaranteed successes

"Puss/:red:" meant "cat" and "octo:red:" was a really funny word

And last but not least?
...I thought pregnancy was a random, semi-communicable disease.
That people were always at risk of getting it at completely random intervals.
It made commercials for medicines mentioning "women who are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant" very confusing for little Laur because I thought "EVERYONE "'may become pregnant' right?"

I used to think it was okay that I hated school, and that education was supposed to be boring or stressful to me.

...This isn't true???

• Puns were funny

..........This isn't true?????

• Blankets could protect you from anything and anyone
  • There were immortal beings that existed only to represent the various holidays of the year
  • You could remain a child forever

I had a belief on where If i stuck my tongue out to somebody out of anger, my tongue will fall off from my mouth.

If I Left The Toilet Seat Up, Something Would Come Out Of The Damn Thing And Kill Me. I Think.
Also That Faces That Appear To Look Straight At You Were Secretly Surveillance Tools To Gather Facial Data.
I Still Think These Things Lol.

When I was young, when I watched spongebob on the 2001 Nickolodean, i thought there was a sea under the sea, and fire could happen underwater. Turns out i was wrong. I also thought that IF I went down a green pipe my size, I would be transported to a underground lvl filled with koopa troopas and goombas. also turns out I was wrong. I also thought if i smashed a block, I would get some coins, also turns out I was wrong and my fist hurt when I did that XD

I had quite a few random beliefs then. I used to think that your stomach was just an empty pit in the middle of your chest filled with acid (Like the entire chest), and I also thought you could see Mt. Everest from anywhere in the world.

1. I thought breathing was annoying and would constantly try to not breath.
2. That babies bursted form mothers stomach Alien style and the doctors stitched up the belly every time a mom had a baby.
3. Fire ants are friends.
4. A bloody booger was actually grape jam.
5. That the f word was funk

I believed the "Best by" date was the "Best date to consume" whatever item it was.

I mean put it in a sentence! (Note: Soda was the primary thing I saw this on and it was abbreviated to "Best by" not "Best if used by")
"The soda will be best by [insert date here]" - That was my logic.

I also thought that "tearing" small holes and running my fingers along the fabric was "sewing." I don't know how I drew to that conclusion.

Whenever I saw the word "Items" I'd pronounce it "Times" and swore that was the way it was supposed to be for years. I'm not dyslexic, but how I learned to read was through video games, for whatever reason the "I" was silent, and I pronounced the e like "eye" So "T-eye-ms."

I also believed "Gender" should be pronounced "Gehnder" Instead of "Jender." And again, refused for years to change how I said it.

Youth was weird.

Another One.
If You've Ever Played Tales Of Symphonia, Very Early On You Learn Of The Tower Of Salvation, Well, I Always Thought They Were Called Towers Of Symphonia, And That's Where The Name Came From.

Another One.
If You've Ever Played Tales Of Symphonia, Very Early On You Learn Of The Tower Of Salvation, Well, I Always Thought They Were Called Towers Of Symphonia, And That's Where The Name Came From.
I've only played its sequel dawn of a new world and I thought the monsters evolved liked Pokémon, but it is much more confusing than that. ( still my favorite thing about the game.)

• I used to think that if ate too much you'd get pregnant.
  • I thought the world was actually black and white at one point.
  • I somehow confused Transylvania with Castlevainia, thus believing that vampires were in fact real.
  • I thought that I was killing videogame characters when they died on screen and had the power to time travel them back to before they died.
  • That milk was laterally cow sweat.
Yeah...I know. xD

I used to believe horror movies were real. Two movies in particular at the time - The Ring and Darkness Falls - made me hide underneath the covers every night. I always slept with a night light, and I would never sleep if there was no light. I used to sleep in a hallway that had stairs leading to the first floor of my house, and along those stairs was a ledge, and I always used to think that the tooth fairy or that girl from the ring would appear from over the ledge, coming to get me.

I believed I was a goddess destined to rule over humanity.
I believed that shiny jewelry and fancy circles had magical powers.
I believed I was the smartest person ever and could do no wrong.
I believed I was better than everyone else.
I believed stealing was okay if it was just for fun and not for personal material gain.
I believed I would be alone forever as I didn't believe anyone could be my equal.

Heh, I was one really egotistical child ~ %:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom