Things you love or hate, but everyone else seems to believe the opposite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, tho is really difficult to decide, but if I would have to saaaaaay...

Love: PvPing against other people. Mainly when it is a more or less a fun playing field in which it's a challenge and not constant annoying spamathons with horrid weapons that are easy kill gains.

Hate: Frost Hydra/Summon Spammers in PvP, seriously, one of the cheapest ways you can kill people.

OP as hell weapon in PvP, rarely anyone uses weapons that don't get easy kills. Seriously, Ban Hammer (Pala Hammer) spamming, Terrable Aid (Terra Blade) spamming, etc. The 1.3 update is going to make things worse. Please balance PvP Redigit Dx

The summoner class is nowhere near as fleshed out as others as it was only recently introduced and upgraded. Though I do feel summoners as a group in general should have to interact a bit more with PvP, not just having to click a single button and allow the minions to do the dirty work. Either way, summoners can't be dangerous to deal with and a hassle to confront due to their advantages despite lacking a lot of, well, 'meat' in the class as a whole.

PvP is one of those things I think will never be balanced or really even thought about much. With the way monsters scale and the type of gear needed to beat them also increases, you kind of hit a point where a few hundred HP is no longer a challenge to bring down. If you give players innate damage resistance in pvp then early pvp becomes near impossible to do and you get the exact same problem, just in the other direction.

To be fair, the only way to truly balance it is to bar some weapons or create an unofficial tier list and host games with specific bans enforced and such for it to work. PvP may never be perfect, but it's pretty damn fun when it along comes together in the end, win or lose.

PvP is one of those things I think will never be balanced or really even thought about much. With the way monsters scale and the type of gear needed to beat them also increases, you kind of hit a point where a few hundred HP is no longer a challenge to bring down. If you give players innate damage resistance in pvp then early pvp becomes near impossible to do and you get the exact same problem, just in the other direction.
Well you could do it on a per-weapon bases, couldn't you? Nerf the PVP damage output of certain weapons, or perhaps you could buff the effectiveness of defense in pvp. Like instead of 2 def blocks 1 damage, 1 def could block 2 damage from other players, effectively quadrupling player defense in PVP. Early character will not have as much defense so you wont have that problem.

Red River Valley, country music in general... oh, you meant Terraria? Well then, Celebration. As of yet, it's mostly just the RNG-bastard-child of the Moon Lord. Same with Golem Fist, Staff of Earth and to a lesser extent Inferno Fork.

Well you could do it on a per-weapon bases, couldn't you? Nerf the PVP damage output of certain weapons, or perhaps you could buff the effectiveness of defense in pvp. Like instead of 2 def blocks 1 damage, 1 def could block 2 damage from other players, effectively quadrupling player defense in PVP. Early character will not have as much defense so you wont have that problem.

Not quite.
Copper Armor has 6 defense, and will block 12 damage total. That reduces almost everything of its level down to 1 damage.
Platinum Armor has 20 defense, which would block 40 damage. Even weapons past its tier will do 1 damage.
And then there's Molten Armor, which provides great melee damage, and also has 25 defense, which blocks 50 damage, which pretty much turns all pre-HM weapon damage down to 1.

General 'balancing' will not fix pvp. Weapons and/or armor will have to be rebalanced one by one if they want to have a balanced pvp.

This isn't me, but my brother likes TTg. And thinks he likes both Sonic Boom games, although he's only played the demo of the 3DS version.

The Destroyer was the hardest Mechanical Boss for me to get the hang of. Took me at least 5 tries, Skeletron Prime took two, and The Twins took two. The Twins were shockingly easy, too, and Skeletron only killed me once because I ran out of time.

I love necro'd threads and the Nebula Blaze.

I hate the Nebula Arcanum, it's so slow. Although I've yet to try it on Moon Lord...

last prism is NOOBY beacuse of high mana cost and spin up time. Even though it's damage is reasonable, it consumes mana like a fat guy eating donuts at an eating competition.

I like chlorophyte sabre because it is a fart sword. It can hit enemies through 3 block thick walls. I mostly use it in the minor events like martian madness and pirates.

I didn't know 'nooby' meant high risk - high reward. Been using the word wrong this entire time I guess.

Sarcasm aside, that's really contradictory. It's nooby because it's... hard to use due to its high mana cost? I figured it'd be nooby if it had a low mana cost and worked like a charm on every occassion, effectively acting as a noob magnet considering it works best for all worlds. I say it's not nooby solely because of its high mana cost. Instead, it's nooby because of its high output for a meager input.

Things I hate that everbody likes (and vice versa)? Ok here we go....

-I hate the mage class
-Crimson music feels like it should be in the corruption
-I love the ranger class
-I actually like the hardmode dungeon and don't think it's that hard (with the right gear except paladins the can go in the corner with red devils and Ichor Stickers)

last prism is NOOBY beacuse of high mana cost and spin up time. Even though it's damage is reasonable, it consumes mana like a fat guy eating donuts at an eating competition.

I like chlorophyte sabre because it is a fart sword. It can hit enemies through 3 block thick walls. I mostly use it in the minor events like martian madness and pirates.
I like chlorophyte sabre because it is a fart sword
Fredbear said:
it is a fart sword
Fredbear said:
fart sword
Wow, I didn't know there were fart swords!
OT: I hate Terra Blade. *runs away*

• True Night's Edge: Everyone goes straight to the Terra Blade or above, but True Night's Edge has a bigger projectile, meaning there's a less chance to miss your enemy. Also, it's easy to obtain
  • Arms Dearler: I think most people seem to forget about him. I mean, without him, my playthrough in Terraria would be much more harder
  • Discount Card: Most people love it, I see it as a cheesing card. Sure the discount's low, but still. I earn my money for a good cause, not ask to pay less for more.
  • Chlorophyte Armor: People forget about it and pass it. It's basically an "alternative" Hallowed. But if that's true, wouldn't all armors be alternatives to each other?

• Chlorophyte Armor: People forget about it and pass it. It's basically an "alternative" Hallowed. But if that's true, wouldn't all armors be alternatives to each other?
That's because Chlorophyte was used to craft the old endgame gear (which, actually, I still prefer Beetle to Solar Flare). It used to be really hard to get, so why waste it on a set of armor that would immediately be replaced (or, for some Melee players, unneeded thanks to turtle)? Even though it's easier to get now, people still have their old habits. Besides, it takes a long time to mine all that Chlorophyte for 2 sets.

I dislike Starfury very much. It just seems like a lackluster sword to me; I'll take it if I get it really early, but I'll use many "worse" weapons over it (like, say, the humble Spear). And, since I don't tend to look for floating islands until around the Dungeon, I tend to ignore it completely.

I love Demon Scythe to death but I don't see that many people hating on it TBH. I used to use it up until Plantera, until the Seedler became a (brokenly overpowered) thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom