Thirteen's Biome Buildings

Thirteen1355

Terrarian
Hey all! It seems a lot of people have already shown some amazing structures from within their game, but I feel that I can add to the mix. I'm a complete beginner to Terraria, but me and my friend planned to build a lot of huge buildings, one per biome. These things take ages to build (as I'm sure other builders know already), but are so satisfying to complete! Currently we're building our second structure, located in the Forest Biome. This one will be based on a classic, a medieval castle! However, I didn't want to ignore the first big-time structure we built: A colossal tree tower in the Jungle. This first post will concern the Towering Jungle Tree.

Jungle Tree Full Frame.png
d
This is a full frame picture of the entire interior of the tower. The first two floors are underground, consisting of:
  • A preparation/resting room (handy for storing items quickly or healing after spelunking through the Underground Jungle)
  • An equipment room (mostly aesthetics)
  • A plantation room (for planting various seeds and for beauty purposes)
  • A beekeeping room (for molding various honey-related pieces. Obtaining the Hive Wand took a while)
The door on the left of the preparation room leads to the Underground Jungle itself.

Above ground, the tower continues, featuring these rooms:
  • Two hallways, containing bamboo fences as windows and featuring our resident cat (although I prefer an orange one, so we might kill this one off)
  • The second floor has a dining room on the left, and a kitchen on the right. We mainly used Dynasty Wood for these two, and painted some of it
  • A storage room on the left, above the dining hall, and above the kitchen, a bathroom. The bamboo interior is meant to give off an air of calm and natural influences. It's only dimly lit. Coral is used to portray shower products.
  • On the fourth floor, rooms were built for two of the three resident Jungle NPCs: Faye the Dryad and Leonardo the Painter. Their rooms reflect their personalities and backgrounds.
  • Fifth floor has the final NPC room, housing the Witch Doctor Gboto. A dank, unpleasant room full of mystery and wicked tools...
  • This floor also contains a room with terrariums (in Dutch they're called "terraria" in plural form). All Jungle critters, except for one... Can you guess which one?
  • The top floor is basically our personal lounge and bedroom. Primarily made from Dynasty Wood, with Honey-themed furniture. The back wall has been painted red, to complement the golden colours of honey.
Here is a screenshot of the visible part of the underground Jungle:
Capture 2020-09-30 21_51_02.png

And here is the outside above ground:
Capture 2020-09-30 22_01_37.png

Finally, the crown of the tree. After all, this place is not just a tower. It's a full-on Mahogany tree!
Capture 2020-09-30 22_02_13.png

Now, if anyone knows how to make screenshots of the map, please tell me! It's pretty hard to portray the tree-ish nature of this building without showing it off on the map. Also, please let me know what you think! I'd love to show more of our buildings, but of course there needs to be a bit of interest 😅

Stay safe everyone!

Attachments

• Capture 2020-09-30 21_51_02.png
    Capture 2020-09-30 21_51_02.png
    469.2 KB · Views: 81
In game F1 opens the screenshot tool, you can use it to take snapshots of large areas of your map once you've gotten the hang of it. Drag a rectangle onto your world, then drag the boundaries of that rectangle until it encloses everything you want to snapshot, then snapshot.

Thanks a lot! Though I did use the screenshot tool for this! I was more referring to being able to screenshot the minimap 😄

Back
Top Bottom