Xbox One This game is a hot mess now.

Tels

Terrarian
You know, I've played my fair share of buggy games before, but I've never been as frustrated as I have been with this port of 1.3, and let me tell you something, I used to play a game called Lord of the Rings: Guardians of Middle Earth. That game had a bug called the "Gold Mode Glitch" in which, when you loaded the game it would load up in the free trial/demo version. You had to repeatedly close and open the game again, and again, and again, and hope that the Luck Gods we're on your side. Eventually, the developers released a patch to fix the problem... And it only made it worse. Players had developed a few work around, and the patch made the glitch more likely to occur and prevented the work around from working.

In time, players figured out another work around with a 100% success rate, but, for a long time, people had to spend up to 20 minutes just closing and starting the game, simply to get the right version. They never did fix that glitch, by the way, it still exists to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, this console port is atrocious. I don't know if anyone is proud of the work they did on this, but they really shouldn't be; they should be ashamed.

So far, I have experienced the following:

1) For almost a week after the update my friends and I couldn't even play because of a glitch that prevented us from loading into the worlds we had made. We asked around online and looked up several different methods of fixing them to no avail. Luckily, one ofy friends had to delete the local saved data to fix something to do with a different game, and it also fixed Terraria. So we all did that and now we can play.

2) Corrupted worlds/characters. You know, you log into the world and it doesn't load, you just see black blocks, or maybe poorly rendered backgrounds causing you to have to quit and reload and hope it doesn't occur again.

3) Invisible bosses/enemies. This is a fun one. Sitting there, fishing for crates and, suddenly I'm taking damage! Radar says no one is around but, I'm being attacked. Or, hey, let go fight Eye of Cthulhu! Eye of Cthulhu had awoke! Taking damage, but he isn't there. That's always fun.

4) Similar to the above, but invisible players. How the hell are we supposed to show off our crazy dyes and good vanity combinations when no one can see each other?

5) Multiplayer map data being deleted. I play with some friends, and some of us can't keep any map data. We explore the world, map gets updated, we save and quit, and when we come back, all of the exploration we did is deleted. We have to re-explore the world each time we play simply so we can use the map.

6) Deleted content. So I'm playing for a few hours in my single player world and I find some cool things, get some rare items from the Angler rewards. Go to bed, go to work, and after work, buddies and I hope on to play. Load into the multiplayer game and... The :red: that I had in my inventory is no longer there. Those rare items? Gone. Go back to my work and search frantically, nope. Game saved all the building I did on my house but all the stuff in the chests I moved around is gone too.

Wasn't too horrible because it was mostly low level crap, but who knows how long till I get another Sextant and Fisherman's Pocket Guide.

7) Overwritten worlds and deleted worlds. Yeah, the world I've been working on to build up is all gone now. I had probably 1/3rd of a minecart skybridge built across the world, I had some proto-farms built for the coming hard mode. Gone. Yay!

It got overwritten with one of the multiplayer worlds we play on. Best part? It didn't even give me the entire :red:ing world! As in, I take off to go do a fishing quest in the corruption and... http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pumba315/video/44426707

Turns out, something like 80% of the world was deleted and all that's left is this vast nothingness. Now all I need is a dead horse named Artax, and a luck dragon named Falcore, and I can pretend to be in the Never Ending Story of Glitches.

8) Duplicating/ghost enemies. You swipe a demons eye and suddenly it splits into two enemies then you swipe one and now you have 3 and it keeps going. Each one deals.damafe, but if you kill one they all banish and you only get one creatures drops. Similar to this an enemy will appear and if you attack it or it attacks you, it is vanishes. You still take damage if it hits you though. If you ask another player if they saw that, they will tell you nothing was there.

9) Glitched events. A goblin army is approaching from the West! Quick, build a little bunker and we'll wait for them!

Where the hell are they? It's been 5 minutes? Can't get Tinkerer without an invasion, which means no workshop or reforging. Great.

Happens with pirates too.

10) Probably more that I can't be arsed to remember right now. I know there's tons of little glitches that occur, like ghost fishing, items not being consumed when you place them, the D-pad not saving etc.

-------------------------------------

Why the hell am I even still playing this game? It's a huge mess and I just feel frustrated and angry all the time. The multiplayer connectivity is worse now then ever before too. Servers disconnects and lag are terrible. We almost never had a problem with lag or disconnects before 1.3, but now it's a big issue.

I feel like Bethasda could say, "Our games are known for glitches, but at least it's not Console 1.3!"

You know, I've played my fair share of buggy games before, but I've never been as frustrated as I have been with this port of 1.3, and let me tell you something, I used to play a game called Lord of the Rings: Guardians of Middle Earth. That game had a bug called the "Gold Mode Glitch" in which, when you loaded the game it would load up in the free trial/demo version. You had to repeatedly close and open the game again, and again, and again, and hope that the Luck Gods we're on your side. Eventually, the developers released a patch to fix the problem... And it only made it worse. Players had developed a few work around, and the patch made the glitch more likely to occur and prevented the work around from working.

In time, players figured out another work around with a 100% success rate, but, for a long time, people had to spend up to 20 minutes just closing and starting the game, simply to get the right version. They never did fix that glitch, by the way, it still exists to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, this console port is atrocious. I don't know if anyone is proud of the work they did on this, but they really shouldn't be; they should be ashamed.

So far, I have experienced the following:

1) For almost a week after the update my friends and I couldn't even play because of a glitch that prevented us from loading into the worlds we had made. We asked around online and looked up several different methods of fixing them to no avail. Luckily, one ofy friends had to delete the local saved data to fix something to do with a different game, and it also fixed Terraria. So we all did that and now we can play.

2) Corrupted worlds/characters. You know, you log into the world and it doesn't load, you just see black blocks, or maybe poorly rendered backgrounds causing you to have to quit and reload and hope it doesn't occur again.

3) Invisible bosses/enemies. This is a fun one. Sitting there, fishing for crates and, suddenly I'm taking damage! Radar says no one is around but, I'm being attacked. Or, hey, let go fight Eye of Cthulhu! Eye of Cthulhu had awoke! Taking damage, but he isn't there. That's always fun.

4) Similar to the above, but invisible players. How the hell are we supposed to show off our crazy dyes and good vanity combinations when no one can see each other?

5) Multiplayer map data being deleted. I play with some friends, and some of us can't keep any map data. We explore the world, map gets updated, we save and quit, and when we come back, all of the exploration we did is deleted. We have to re-explore the world each time we play simply so we can use the map.

6) Deleted content. So I'm playing for a few hours in my single player world and I find some cool things, get some rare items from the Angler rewards. Go to bed, go to work, and after work, buddies and I hope on to play. Load into the multiplayer game and... The :red: that I had in my inventory is no longer there. Those rare items? Gone. Go back to my work and search frantically, nope. Game saved all the building I did on my house but all the stuff in the chests I moved around is gone too.

Wasn't too horrible because it was mostly low level crap, but who knows how long till I get another Sextant and Fisherman's Pocket Guide.

7) Overwritten worlds and deleted worlds. Yeah, the world I've been working on to build up is all gone now. I had probably 1/3rd of a minecart skybridge built across the world, I had some proto-farms built for the coming hard mode. Gone. Yay!

It got overwritten with one of the multiplayer worlds we play on. Best part? It didn't even give me the entire :red:ing world! As in, I take off to go do a fishing quest in the corruption and... http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pumba315/video/44426707

Turns out, something like 80% of the world was deleted and all that's left is this vast nothingness. Now all I need is a dead horse named Artax, and a luck dragon named Falcore, and I can pretend to be in the Never Ending Story of Glitches.

8) Duplicating/ghost enemies. You swipe a demons eye and suddenly it splits into two enemies then you swipe one and now you have 3 and it keeps going. Each one deals.damafe, but if you kill one they all banish and you only get one creatures drops. Similar to this an enemy will appear and if you attack it or it attacks you, it is vanishes. You still take damage if it hits you though. If you ask another player if they saw that, they will tell you nothing was there.

9) Glitched events. A goblin army is approaching from the West! Quick, build a little bunker and we'll wait for them!

Where the hell are they? It's been 5 minutes? Can't get Tinkerer without an invasion, which means no workshop or reforging. Great.

Happens with pirates too.

10) Probably more that I can't be arsed to remember right now. I know there's tons of little glitches that occur, like ghost fishing, items not being consumed when you place them, the D-pad not saving etc.

-------------------------------------

Why the hell am I even still playing this game? It's a huge mess and I just feel frustrated and angry all the time. The multiplayer connectivity is worse now then ever before too. Servers disconnects and lag are terrible. We almost never had a problem with lag or disconnects before 1.3, but now it's a big issue.

I feel like Bethasda could say, "Our games are known for glitches, but at least it's not Console 1.3!"
I completely understand your frustration and I feel for you. Things like this are very unfortunate but not on purpose. I’m sure the developers didn’t really expect these kinda problems to rise and I’m sure they will get back to work to resolve these mishaps. I’m not angry but not too thrilled either. You did a great thing exposing these bugs and issues, so you should feel better about it. You’re helping putting this to an end. I know it’s very unfair to have all this happen and it honestly sucks. Just keep in mind that the game was rebuilt and runs very differently than before. In time, I know that this port of the game will surely turn around for the better! ;)

1. Haven't Noticed.
2. Haven't Noticed.
3. Haven't Noticed.
4. Haven't Noticed.
5. Haven't Noticed.
6. Haven't Noticed.
7. Haven't Experienced, But Noticed Chatter About It.
8. Haven't Noticed.
9. Haven't Noticed.
Seems All The Problems You Are Receiving Haven't Been Widespread. But I'm Just One Person.
Although I Have Seen People Talking About 7.
While It Seems Unlikely, You Could Just Be Lieing About Most Of These To Make This Update Seem Worse Then It Really Is. Again, Unlikely, But Possible.
Note How The Only One With Posted Video Proof Is One Other People Has Experienced.
Tels said:
I feel like Bethasda could say "Our games are known for glitches, but at least it's not Console 1.3!"
This Is Incredibly Rude And Unnecessary, You Are Insulting The People Who Worked On This Game For 2 Years. Yes, It's Not Perfect, But It's Not 1.2. Watch Some Videos About Console 1.2 Bugs, Then See If You Feel The Same.

I am here to say my fiance and I quit playing the most recent version of Terraria thanks to experiencing almost -ALL- of the problems TC stated. They do exist. They are a problem. It doesn't matter if you won the lottery and get to be one of the people who don't experience the problems. What matters is the game being playable by all people who paid money for it.

It isn't.

I am here to say my fiance and I quit playing the most recent version of Terraria thanks to experiencing almost -ALL- of the problems TC stated. They do exist. They are a problem. It doesn't matter if you won the lottery and get to be one of the people who don't experience the problems. What matters is the game being playable by all people who paid money for it.

It isn't.

Yeah... I don't play the most recent version anymore, either... but luckily my xbox360 version still works great! :) And since my PC version works and has all the cool new stuff, I am just kind of ignoring the PS4 version for now... I personally always liked the earlier versions with less content and less clutter better, anyway.

... just my .02

~Jim

It isn't.
Well, Don't Think That Just Because I Haven't Seen Any Of These Problems, That I Haven't Seen Any.
My World Used To Have The Tendency To Go Completely Haywire When I First Played, It Was Beyond Unplayable, I Had To Close And Restart The Whole Game If I Wanted To Play On Another World And/Or Character, All The Projectiles Disappear After A Set Time (Yes I Know Dyes Cause It, Yes I Know.)
(Using A Dyed Lunar Hook Makes It Activate Immediately, Just So You Know.)
And My Game Randomly Crashes At Times, Sometimes After As Little As Ten Minutes.
Tl:dr, Don't Assume That Just Because I Haven't Experienced THESE Problems, Doesn't Mean My Experience Has Been Smooth With Terraria 1.3.
Also,
Seems All The Problems You Are Receiving Haven't Been Widespread. But I'm Just One Person.
I Never Said That These Problems Didn't Exist, I Said I Never Experienced Them, I'm Not The Kind Of Person Who Goes "LoL, I Never Experienced These Problems So Your Lying You Suck LOL"

I Never Said That These Problems Didn't Exist, I Said I Never Experienced Them, I'm Not The Kind Of Person Who Goes "LoL, I Never Experienced These Problems So Your Lying You Suck LOL"

Although I Have Seen People Talking About 7.
While It Seems Unlikely, You Could Just Be Lieing About Most Of These To Make This Update Seem Worse Then It Really Is. Again, Unlikely, But Possible.

"I never said you were lieing, I just said you're probably lieibg because I haven't seen these problems myself."

- Obese Black Man, 2018

/sarcasm

I haven't responded to this thread until now because I pretty much forgot o even posted here. I do must of my Terraria posting on reddit where there is a Console 1.3 Bug megathread. The thread contains many bugs for console many of which are pretty damned easy to reproduce. This link takes you to my post in the thread with anothet similarly large list of bugs I made, including some links to videos showcasing some of the bugs I reported in that post.

But, back to the original reason I even bothered to respond: you totally called me a liar for reporting these bugs, because you haven't seen them, then you try and say, "Nah, I wouldn't call someone a liar just because I haven't seen those bugs."

Have you ever thought about taking up politics? Seems you'd be quite good at it; you lie about what you said, and make a fool of yourself doing it.

"I never said you were lieing, I just said you're probably lieibg because I haven't seen these problems myself."

- Obese Black Man, 2018

/sarcasm

I haven't responded to this thread until now because I pretty much forgot o even posted here. I do must of my Terraria posting on reddit where there is a Console 1.3 Bug megathread. The thread contains many bugs for console many of which are pretty damned easy to reproduce. This link takes you to my post in the thread with anothet similarly large list of bugs I made, including some links to videos showcasing some of the bugs I reported in that post.

But, back to the original reason I even bothered to respond: you totally called me a liar for reporting these bugs, because you haven't seen them, then you try and say, "Nah, I wouldn't call someone a liar just because I haven't seen those bugs."

Have you ever thought about taking up politics? Seems you'd be quite good at it; you lie about what you said, and make a fool of yourself doing it.
1. You Could Be Lieing, I Never Said You Were A Guaranteed Liar, I Said, COULD Be Lying, As In, Maybe, Maybe Not. You Really Shouldn't Assume Like That.
2. While Not Certain, I'm Pretty Sure That Straight Up Calling Someone A Liar With No Doubt Behind It Would Warrant A Warning. Again, Not Certain.
3. Atleast Try Not Insulting Someone Like That Last Paragraph, It Makes Your Arguement Less Agreeable.(Yes I Realize That Sounds Idiotic.)
4. Also, Post The Link In The Original Post Instead Of Essentially, "Oh Hey I'm Not Really Gonna Prove It Un- Oh Hey This Guy's Calling Me Out, Now I'll Post Proof."

(I Have Seen The Damage Duplication One, But Only If It's A Killing Blow For Some Reason.)
(Dumb :red:, I Just Realized This Is For XBox, I Feel Stupid Now, I Don't Have An XBox, So Obviously The Bugs Would Be Different. Sorry. `:p)

Last edited:

- Obese Black Man, 2018

/sarcasm

1. You Could Be Lieing, I Never Said You Were A Guaranteed Liar, I Said, COULD Be Lying, As In, Maybe, Maybe Not. You Really Shouldn't Assume Like That.
2. While Not Certain, I'm Pretty Sure That Straight Up Calling Someone A Liar With No Doubt Behind It Would Warrant A Warning. Again, Not Certain.
3. Atleast Try Not Insulting Someone Like That Last Paragraph, It Makes Your Arguement Less Agreeable.(Yes I Realize That Sounds Idiotic.)
4. Also, Post The Link In The Original Post Instead Of Essentially, "Oh Hey I'm Not Really Gonna Prove It Un- Oh Hey This Guy's Calling Me Out, Now I'll Post Proof."

(I Have Seen The Damage Duplication One, But Only If It's A Killing Blow For Some Reason.)
(Dumb :red:, I Just Realized This Is For XBox, I Feel Stupid Now, I Don't Have An XBox, So Obviously The Bugs Would Be Different. Sorry. `:p)
@Tels and @Obese Black Man - please stop sniping at each other. No one needs to say the other is lying and no one needs to call the other a fool. It's getting personal now.

@Obese Black Man, you're on thin ice in this thread, I suggest you use this opportunity to move on something else.

Any further remarks - made by anyone - that target the person instead of discussing the topic may result in being removed from the thread.

What I wanna know DID they even bother to test mutiplayer most bugs are in multiplayer and are blantly in your face and game breaking how they didn' notice these makes me think they didn' bother testing

What I wanna know DID they even bother to test mutiplayer most bugs are in multiplayer and are blantly in your face and game breaking how they didn' notice these makes me think they didn' bother testing

We did, quite extensively in fact.

The unfortunate reality is that these issues weren't going to be uncovered until the game was out in the wild.

#5 is a huge issue for me in single play on Xbox one. It continues to happen even after creating an entire new expert world, game is really unplayable for me....

We did, quite extensively in fact.

The unfortunate reality is that these issues weren't going to be uncovered until the game was out in the wild.

There is no way you ‘extensively’ play tested this in multiplayer and still have these problems. You need to have a talk with your play testers if you actually believe that.

Back
Top Bottom