PC This is not a valid housing bug

kael10

Terrarian
I made a house with no chair and cheked on it, it said it was missing a chair/table when i add both the house is not valid anymore and when i take out table/chair it speaks missing a chair/table again, the howse is made fully out of the shadewood "themed houses" please fix this bug.In 1.2.4.1 i also had the same problem with ALLOT of houses.current version:1.3.0.3

Attachments

• Capture 2015-07-03 13_52_52.png
    Capture 2015-07-03 13_52_52.png
    21 KB · Views: 6,526
Houses can use only one chair to be valid. All of my houses use a chair/table.

I believe your issue here is that you do not have a valid spot for the NPC to stand in the room. You'll need two tiles of flat non-platform space.

For some reason all houses to the left and in the middle are not valid, just te ones to the right, though all of them are just the same. Anyone who knows what the reason ould be?

Attachments

• Capture 2016-04-23 12_42_58.png
    Capture 2016-04-23 12_42_58.png
    363.3 KB · Views: 11,171
"For some reason all houses to the left and in the middle are not valid, just the ones to the right, though all of them are just the same. Anyone who knows what the reason would be?"

Odds are you have the Crimson/Corruption getting to close to your housing. If they get close the housing will say "not valid", if there is a lot of it than the game says the housing is "corrupted". Without an actual world file or map pic it is hard to tell for sure but that is almost guaranteed to be your problem.

For the OP you don't have any flat, non-platforms for your NPC to be on at night.

I'm going to try to replicate that build @Zhazzhaz, but my best guess would be that it has to do with the difference in number of doors.

I'll get back to you on that. :)

Alright, so I was unable to replicate this, despite making an identical build.

Would you be able to provide me with a copy of the world file, either in zip file or uploaded to an external site like dropbox? I'd love to assess it personally and see if I could replicate the exact cause.

Chances are you're clicking something else, or there's Corruption or Crimson nearby.
I will test this later to see the result.

EDIT: Made the exact same house. It's invalid.
a1jQMbs.png

@Leinfors Surroundings are only air and boreal wood.

Last edited:
Chances are you're clicking something else, or there's Corruption or Crimson nearby.

a1jQMbs.png

Not a bug, there's simply not enough standing room. There needs to be three solid blocks for standing on.

@Mihn, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to Zhazzhaz's build, posted just a few days ago. Kael10 has been inactive for nearly a year, this thread is just really old.

I believe, though I haven't personally confirmed, that clentaminated walls aren't automatically "housing acceptable", even if they were initially placed by a player.

But then again, that post was over a year old, so probably not relevant anymore.

Capture 2017-10-01 18_55_13.png
Capture 2017-10-01 18_55_13.png
my houses are looking fine and i've got other houses made of lizhard temple brick and the nurse is staying in there why does it say this housing is not valid

Last edited:
Hey there,
they already did some amazing bugfix at update 1.3.5. (not noted in changelog but they did it!) regarding valid flats. They removed a lot of bugs but at least one still remains. They also tried to fix that but they noticed their fix didn't work as expected only a few days before release and had no time to fix it again. Good chances for a fix in 1.3.6.
So which bug remained you might ask.
Open Door bug: A flat can get invalid if a door is open and valid if door is closed.
So @Zhazzhaz if you close all doors your flats should get valid. An (open) door has a negative impact at the NPC's rest position. A flat need a valid NPC rest position (where NPC stand at night) to become valid. It checks all place in your flat to find one. If it can't find any, the flat is invalid.
So @kael10 at your flat it can't find any valid rest position. Besides other properties there need to be a solid block with 3x3 space above, which is not blocked by any other solid blocks, furthermore in mid also not platforms allowed and at ground left and right side need to be platform or block as well. Your stairs build an invalid solid block in lower left corner, so no valid spot can be found.
I did some detailed description in:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ork-an-unrevealed-game-change-in-1-3-5.75980/

@snakemaster 30 all your lizhard flats are invalid? (so it's invalid wall (bug?) ?)
@Fair and Balanced all your pearlstone flats are invalid?

Last edited:

a1jQMbs.png

The house needs to be at least 6x10 and have at least 2 non-platform standing blocks, as @Solsund said.

Back
Top Bottom