• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

loltime777

Terrarian
hello guys i'm a player of terraria but i found on steam a new that says terraria otherworlds as be canceled. I was sad a this moment because a was prepare for this game. i know the game was hard to finish but this game was a high quality game from re-logic and i want to play this game. i know you have other game to edit but not because you have other game you need to cancel it. make a team of developer on this game a make other team of dev on other game. this message want to say don't and never give up guys, he always has a way to continue. read this message pls :)

Kranberri

Terrarian
I'm still really sad this was canceled, and i just wish we had a small playable demo, just to have a feel of what it would've been, or give the source code to a team of modders, or just make it public. It's just so weird to have all this work done, cancel the game and just not give out a free little demo.

Murphmario

Retinazer
I'm still really sad this was canceled, and i just wish we had a small playable demo, just to have a feel of what it would've been, or give the source code to a team of modders, or just make it public. It's just so weird to have all this work done, cancel the game and just not give out a free little demo.
TBH I agree. I'd like to see a small release even if it's just of a prototype. Would be nice to see and play.

blazeykat

Skeletron Prime
my thoughts exactly. even if what we saw in 2015 was all we got.
im too tired to go to the original post, but didnt they say they cancelled it because they had too much on their plate or whatever? wouldnt journeys end we might get a bit?

Aurora3500

Staff member
im too tired to go to the original post, but didnt they say they cancelled it because they had too much on their plate or whatever? wouldnt journeys end we might get a bit?
The main reason was that despite the changes they made, already switching development partners once, the game was not meeting their own standards for the quality they envisioned and didn't feel they would be able to meet those standards in a reasonable time frame.

From the sounds of it, it seemed like Re-Logic felt it would be a disservice to release a game that did not have the proper standard of quality.

I don't know and couldn't say if other aspects of their workload had an impact on it or not. After completing Journey's End, they will start a new project, it's not known whether it will be Terraria related or not or when more info about it will be revealed.

Kranberri

Terrarian
but they already have the work done. I'm not saying "hey, you know that cancelled project? uncancel it you lazy pigs!" I'm just saying "Hey, you know that project that was cancelled after 3 years in development? release the source code or whatever build there is, so it hasnt gone to waste, and we have something else to play while waiting for 1.4"

blazeykat

Skeletron Prime
but they already have the work done. I'm not saying "hey, you know that cancelled project? uncancel it you lazy pigs!" I'm just saying "Hey, you know that project that was cancelled after 3 years in development? release the source code or whatever build there is, so it hasnt gone to waste, and we have something else to play while waiting for 1.4"
yeah ik, just me being dumb
The main reason was that despite the changes they made, already switching development partners once, the game was not meeting their own standards for the quality they envisioned and didn't feel they would be able to meet those standards in a reasonable time frame.

From the sounds of it, it seemed like Re-Logic felt it would be a disservice to release a game that did not have the proper standard of quality.

I don't know and couldn't say if other aspects of their workload had an impact on it or not. After completing Journey's End, they will start a new project, it's not known whether it will be Terraria related or not or when more info about it will be revealed.
L for me

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
No, we will not release any unfinished elements or source code from the TOW project.

Again, it was far below our standards... and also again, some of the ideas we had there (many never revealed) may be used later on down the road.

Xylia

Terrarian
No, we will not release any unfinished elements or source code from the TOW project.

Again, it was far below our standards... and also again, some of the ideas we had there (many never revealed) may be used later on down the road.
Funny how many times you have to tell people this and they still keep asking, lol.

Though I will also re-iterate a point I made, in that I rather liked the graphics that I saw in those demos, I hope that they would eventually find their way to a Re-Logic game, or heck at the very least, be a part of an official texture pack or something.

That was the #1 thing I was most liking about TOW was the awesome tiles.

Kranberri

Terrarian
Funny how many times you have to tell people this and they still keep asking, lol.

Though I will also re-iterate a point I made, in that I rather liked the graphics that I saw in those demos, I hope that they would eventually find their way to a Re-Logic game, or heck at the very least, be a part of an official texture pack or something.

That was the #1 thing I was most liking about TOW was the awesome tiles.
i agree, they look so nice!
[doublepost=1565308275,1565308236][/doublepost]

can't say I'm suprised this was the answer. oh well.

TUMM11

Plantera
While I wanted this game to be released, I understand why they decided to cancel it. Here is an F for the devs who worked on Other World whose work may never be seen.

Xylia

Terrarian
Is the code public? If not can you make it
No decent company worth their salt is going to release code and assets of an unfinished project, because they would be basically

A). Giving up the rights to it, thus making it impossible to repurpose said code and assets later,
B). Allowing the public to see a product they deemed "inferior" and "not befitting the quality of the company".

Some ideas/concepts/assets that were going to be used in T:OW are likely going to be used in other Re-Logic projects, so while you won't see T:OW as a whole, you will see some stuff that was in it used elsehwere.

brododragon

Eye of Cthulhu
No decent company worth their salt is going to release code and assets of an unfinished project, because they would be basically

A). Giving up the rights to it, thus making it impossible to repurpose said code and assets later,
B). Allowing the public to see a product they deemed "inferior" and "not befitting the quality of the company".

Some ideas/concepts/assets that were going to be used in T:OW are likely going to be used in other Re-Logic projects, so while you won't see T:OW as a whole, you will see some stuff that was in it used elsehwere.
Ya I figured. I was just wondering if there was any chance so it could by edited and turned into a mod.

Top Bottom