Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

You talk about amateurs fixing problems that even seasoned industry professionals could not fix.

While I agree with everything else you posted, I gotta disagree with this.
There are plenty of examples of modders fixing a bugged/unpolished game released by big name companies.
"Seasoned industry professionals", while experienced, cannot be compared to the worldwide community.
There will most likely be someone out there who has more expertise in areas that they lack.

Lmao, what "other title/projects"?

Seriously though, how many people do you have working on this stuff, for this many years???

If there's like 3 people in each of these "development teams", and they all have other jobs, then sure, I'd give you a pass.

But, if these are actual full-time, career studios, with full staffs... What the actual :red: do you do all day?

Your "quality" defense sounds a lot more like the classic procrastinators excuse..."I'm not going to do it unless I'm sure everything will be perfect".

Action is more important than Intent.

Everyone else who has been tagging along behind this franchise might not be convinced, they might still believe in your rhetoric, but myself, I'm over it.

Good luck.

I don't think it was your grammar or lack thereof that caused Re-Logic, Pipeworks, Engine Software or anyone else involved in the development of T:OW to avoid replying to your "suggestions/Solutions".

I think it was your attitude combined with your alarmist messages.

You try to make out that you understand the games industry, but your posts illustrate perfectly that you don't.

You put yourself on a pedestal above even the members of the three companies involved in the development process, stating that they are constantly making grave errors of judgement and are all doomed to failure and possible closure or takeover by other companies.

You talk about amateurs fixing problems that even seasoned industry professionals could not fix.

You say that morale among the developers has suffered, but show no proof for this or any of your statements.

You say that an answer here shows understanding.

You provide no facts for any of your predictions/statements/guesses nor do you show that you could provide them if required.

The only solid fact is that you have no grasp on the reality of game development, you love making wild, unsubstantiated "assertions" and you feel somehow superior to just about everyone.

This reply does not in any way validate anything you have said.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to think of the proper words for a comeback lol

This is all sad indeed, but maybe with those assets you could release what was already done? then again, i can see why you wouldn't

I thought it looked dull. They did not show much but I did not like the art direction. I would love for Terraria 2 to have artwork like Ori and Blind Forest (que rage posts). I just hope they add more RPG mechanics and questing/stories. A random engine akin to the nemesis system of Shadow of Mordor, that would create a new threat to deal with based off of your gear level, progression level.

Terraria is the best of the 2D Minecraft genre. Please make the sequel great!

Questing does seem to be something they want to implement properly. Personally I liked the new artwork, but to each their own.

Really, the question is: What is Relogic working on now?
I don't know what Re-Logic does behind the scenes, but I presume they are currently focused on getting the Console and Mobile versions of Terraria up to date with the PC version.

I don't know what Re-Logic does behind the scenes, but I presume they are currently focused on getting the Console and Mobile versions of Terraria up to date with the PC version.
No, that is Pipeworks Studios. They are the partner that handles all the ports.
I know Red had plans for another game different from Terraria, but not announced yet.

Questing does seem to be something they want to implement properly. Personally I liked the new artwork, but to each their own.
Yeah to each their own for sure. I love 32 bit pixel art. It just allows for better and more complex animations. I would like to see a taller character that can crouch, bend limbs, crawl, maybe roll or something. Just add a little more to the gameplay.

One question:
does this means that works on Terraria 2 will be continued or that project is dead as well?

Terraria 2 is completely unrelated to Underworld. At this time development hasn't started on it, but it is still part of Re-Logic's plans for the long-term future.

For what will be Re-Logic's next game. That is still unknown, and for fair reason as they do not want to repeat the mistakes that happened with Otherworld. When they are ready to announce something, there will be a new announcement Thread for it.

If relogic is stopping work on T:OW, then couldn't they give all the source, code, etc. to someone else to work on? I mean wouldn't that work? Someone else could code, program, and farther the game development while relogic works on pc terraria and 505/pipe works, work on console/mobile/switch. It works in my head...

Ummm somebody remembers when Re-logic published original Terraria for the first time? Well... uhm... why could they not do the same with T:OW? I am still mindblown why did they not publish the base game, and then update it afterwards, with the opinions of people on what should be fixed or balanced? Whaaaa....

If there was some good reason for ReLogic to release the game I think they'd still be trying to do so. From the sounds of things though the game wasn't fun and wasn't ever going to be. The assets and ideas behind it could probably be implemented in Terraria or it's sequel. Why would we all want a half started, unplayable, buggy mess that isn't any good at its very core when ReLogic could just devote time to making something that is good.
Well they did the same with Original terraria, i know that the oldest version did not even have any boss! Or a different biome, just a ton of forest.
[doublepost=1530187097,1530187001][/doublepost]AND there was no hardmode! Do you think Terraria had everything we have now instantly?

Back
Top Bottom