PC "This room is missing a wall"

Did you make sure the furniture (bookcase, bed, dresser) has walls behind? Just in case, if you carry a stack of walls with smart cursor toggled the cursor will tell you wherever you are missing walls.

Did you make sure the furniture (bookcase, bed, dresser) has walls behind? Just in case, if you carry a stack of walls with smart cursor toggled the cursor will tell you wherever you are missing walls.
The thing is I did that.. I ran around my entire house doing that and it placed nothing, the walls are 2 blocks thick and i placed walls in the middle of those (in case it was counting the outer walls as the room) and still nothing

Well, in that case as stated before, could you upload your world file? It should be located within your documents folder in the subfolders My Games/Terraria/Worlds/YourWorldName.wld
Just make sure not to move/delete the file or your world will POOF.

Well, in that case as stated before, could you upload your world file? It should be located within your documents folder in the subfolders My Games/Terraria/Worlds/YourWorldName.wld
Just make sure not to move/delete the file or your world will POOF.
Don't ask why it is called Happy Little Accidents.. Upon spawn, just go right, there will be big NPC house, and it's on the right of that.

Attachments

• HappyLittleAccidents.wld
    10.9 MB · Views: 149
Don't ask why it is called Happy Little Accidents.. Upon spawn, just go right, there will be big NPC house, and it's on the right of that.
I figured you had used white dynasty walls, but it turned out they were sails.
You can't use sails as walls; they don't count.

Two things I've noticed that can trip people up...

1) The walls will be missing at the doors between rooms or going outside. If you have 1 door like that its okay (3 blocks missing only) but 2 or more and you go over the limit.

2) I'm not sure but if you actualize blocks within the house you may have to put background walls underneath as well.

Anytime I come across this issue of "missing walls" message I do both those things and the issue is resolved. Hope this helps

2) I'm not sure but if you actualize blocks within the house you may have to put background walls underneath as well.

Just had this issue myself. Yes, if you actuate a block within a room, the game essentially counts it as blank foreground space so it must have background walls behind it (at least, enough to satisfy the normal background wall rules).

And to clarify, the "normal background wall rules" DO allow for gaps in the walls as mentioned earlier in this thread, as long as they are small enough (1 or 2 missing background walls won't do you in). However, those gaps must be in the interior of the walls - that is, there cannot be any missing background walls around the edges of the room. That was what ended up being my problem: I had an actuated block touching the floor of the room, and that single block did not have a background wall behind it.

as far as i can see most of the problem are caused by the blocks that build the house, not the "background walls".
just avoid making weird-shaped rooms will solve most of the problems.

the rule for background walls are simple, there should be no hole larger than 4x4 in the background
both blocks and walls count for the hole detection so there is no need for walls behind blocks

try to understand this simple house design and you'll see what is considered as a valid house
Capture 2020-07-11 00_11_53.png

Thanks, ZeroRin! Not that I'm likely to use that structure for more than 2 NPCs, but nice to know those rules...

It is similar to how I set things up to be able to shoot the Clothier on the occasions I want to farm Skeletron.

You cannot make houses out of naturally generated Walls, so in your case, that's the Dirt. There is one exception being Living Wood walls generated by Living Trees.
Thank you that really helped. I was trying to put an npc in the crimson to reduce spawn rates.(angler)

Back
Top Bottom