THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great tool. The only thing I use it for is to prevent biome spread, but that's a godsend to have for normal game modes. There are a couple other QoL things I can think of, too. The big one is the change 1.4 made to biome assignment for deserts and snow. It used to just be 300 appropriate blocks for snow and 1000 for desert, but now it's been ramped up to 1500 which means I have to vomit a bunch of blocks I don't want all over the area if I need to expand an existing biome off the the ground, or set up a miniature one somewhere. A tweak to revert that would be much appreciated(and ideally loosen up desert further as well, though it would probably need to go no lower than 700 to avoid accidental deserts from random sand veins). The other is a personal long-standing irritation for me. Would it be possible to alter water, honey, and vines so they stop hindering light? I know the fullbright thing would make that moot, but I like the mystery of not seeing what's ahead until I dig there, and the ambiance of lighting sources.

Yeah, I figured they'd be long-shots if the related bits weren't exposed enough to more or less be a simple "i chang number lol". Not something to worry about adding to your plate then, but thanks anyway.

Global item crit editing ADDS crit instead of setting to that value (haven't tested individual item editing).
Also Darwin tool doesn't seem to have a lot of 1.4 NPCs (or at all).

Last edited:
Not sure if it is doable but would it be possible to make the money through work like the void back? So basically once inventory if full things first get send to the piggy bank and once that is full they are send to the void vault

Hey!

I've been messing around with the program for a couple of days trying to get the best setup for auto-swing/shoot as I can. While using this feature:
AutoReuse For All Items2.png
is simple it also breaks the spear damage-hitbox and also applies for things that you wouldn't necessarily want it to like recall/wormhole potions.

So I tried manually adding all of the weapons with this:
Modify Any Item.png
however this still breaks spears (hitbox) and also breaks yoyos (game error on launch/can't use yoyos in-game) and boomerangs (autoReuse doesn't change anything) so I was forced to remove those categories of weapons. So I was thinking, one of Fire Guantlets effects is that it gives auto-swing for ALL melee weapons. This would include all spears, yoyos and boomerangs which would perfectly fix my issue and give me flawless auto-swing/shoot for all ranged/melee weapons in the game without any bugs.

Is there any way for me to take just that part of the Fire Guantlet's effects and make it permanently turned 'ON' for my character? A band-aid fix could be to mod the effect on to a different accessory (like a copper/tin watch) which I could easily acquire at the start of the game.

Here's the effect I'm talking about:
Fire Guantlet's Melee Auto-swing.png

Hey!

I've been messing around with the program for a couple of days trying to get the best setup for auto-swing/shoot as I can. While using this feature: View attachment 277807 is simple it also breaks the spear damage-hitbox and also applies for things that you wouldn't necessarily want it to like recall/wormhole potions.

So I tried manually adding all of the weapons with this: View attachment 277813 however this still breaks spears (hitbox) and also breaks yoyos (game error on launch/can't use yoyos in-game) and boomerangs (autoReuse doesn't change anything) so I was forced to remove those categories of weapons. So I was thinking, one of Fire Guantlets effects is that it gives auto-swing for ALL melee weapons. This would include all spears, yoyos and boomerangs which would perfectly fix my issue and give me flawless auto-swing/shoot for all ranged/melee weapons in the game without any bugs.

Is there any way for me to take just that part of the Fire Guantlet's effects and make it permanently turned 'ON' for my character? A band-aid fix could be to mod the effect on to a different accessory (like a copper/tin watch) which I could easily acquire at the start of the game.

Here's the effect I'm talking about:
View attachment 277808

That's very odd since the global edit worked for me. It does break the magic missile and it's upgrades, but that's it. Spears, yoyos and everything else autofire and work fine.

That's very odd since the global edit worked for me. It does break the magic missile and it's upgrades, but that's it. Spears, yoyos and everything else autofire and work fine.

Are you sure? Try grabbing a spear (preferably one with particle effects like "The Rotted Fork" since it will visually be more obvious what is going on) and start auto-swinging it around you, for me those particles stay floating around my character and glitches the hitbox so that it stays there until you stop swinging. This means that if you use the spear in all directions without stopping you will create a "bubble" around you that damages all enemies who get near you.

Are you sure? Try grabbing a spear (preferably one with particle effects like "The Rotted Fork" since it will visually be more obvious what is going on) and start auto-swinging it around you, for me those particles stay floating around my character and glitches the hitbox so that it stays there until you stop swinging. This means that if you use the spear in all directions without stopping you will create a "bubble" around you that damages all enemies who get near you.

Tested The Rotted Fork a bit and I'd say its got to do with Spears being projectiles, and the Fire Gauntlet likely does something sneaky when enabling autoswing for them.
Yoyo's I only tested one (Cascade), and not when it was globally modified, and that particular one seemed fine. But if it breaks some yoyo's then, same thing as Spears, Yoyo's are projectiles and Fire Gauntlet is likely doing some sneaky business. :p

Last edited:

I believe that a Titan Glove would be the ideal choice there.

@TiberiumFusion , could you please add Titan Glove to the Persistent Accessory Effects?

Oh, yeah spears do act weird with autoreuse, but I haven't experienced any other issues like you described. Also the issue with spears at least doesn't impact their damage output and is purely visual (the later spears that have damaging projectiles seem to act normal for me and the most notable one is the Dark Lance, but it's effect doesn't do any damage).

And yeah this has always been the case, even in TerrariaPatcher. It's just a weird property of spears.

Oh, yeah spears do act weird with autoreuse, but I haven't experienced any other issues like you described. Also the issue with spears at least doesn't impact their damage output and is purely visual (the later spears that have damaging projectiles seem to act normal for me and the most notable one is the Dark Lance, but it's effect doesn't do any damage).

And yeah this has always been the case, even in TerrariaPatcher. It's just a weird property of spears.

Actually, the problem is that when autoReuse is enabled on spears, the hitbox for the spear stays for as long as you hold left click.

Try stabbing a dummy, and then walk away from it so the spear doesn't reach anymore while still holding left click, move mouse so you start attacking the opposite direction, and walk back over to spear range of dummy. Despite the spear graphic missing, the particles (if it has any) will still deal damage, or rather, the spear hitbox that stays still does. Best spear to try this on would be the normal "Spear", as it doesn't have any particle effects.

Basically, you're able to do things like this :p:

Last edited:
Actually, the problem is that when autoReuse is enabled on spears, the hitbox for the spear stays for as long as you hold left click.
At least that's the case for The Rotted Fork.
Try stabbing a dummy, and then walk away from it so the spear doesn't reach anymore while still holding left click, move mouse so you start attacking the opposite direction, and walk back over to spear range of dummy. Despite the spear graphic missing, the particles (if it has any) will still deal damage, or rather, the spear hitbox that stays still does. Best spear to try this on would be the normal "Spear", as it doesn't have any particle effects.
EDIT: This does happen for Dark Lance as well. At least for me.
Possible this is not the case for every spear but so far it seems like it.

Basically, you're able to do things like this :p:

Lol that's pretty neat actually. I never use spears so I never found out, but I knew about the visual glitch.

Making the extratinator faster made it so it no longer uses up whatever you're placing in it, now I have an infinite supply of silt..

Would it also be possible to change the max stack feature so it only applies to things that stack in the first place and not things that shouldn't?
Likewise for the feature that lets you put accessories back in vanity slots, now everything says it can be placed in vanity slots.

Another tweak idea, one that makes summons persist through exiting/entering worlds and death. The Finch Staff already works like this so it should be applicable to any summon, right?

Aaand another idea hit, how about a persistent ultrabright helmet tweak?

Last edited:
Well, looking at items individually, most have have a crit value of null (defaulting to 4 in-game, that's hardcoded).
I was trying to make crits happen as little as possible for some damage testing but I guess that can't be done.
It might work fine with values higher than 4, haven't tested that yet.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this patcher! It helped me get most of what I used from the outdated TerrariaPatcher. :D

For some suggestions, could a weather command/hotkey be created so that you can control the weather (like making it rain, slime rain, or neither), a season command so you could make it Christmas or Halloween anytime you want, and a NPC spawn rate hotkeys? (for example two hotkeys that either positively or negatively affect spawn rate percent for enemies and another hotkey that just wipes all non-villager NPCs and prevent spawns for as long as it's active)

Also with the two god mode related tweaks, is it possible to make a command/hotkey to toggle god mode on or off? (unless there already a toggle that I didn't noticed then oops)

how does the set minimum luck work? i set it to 0.7 but when i try to increase it with luck potions/torches/gnomes it just stays static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom