tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its 4 sea bars at an anvil, sea bars are made with 2 silver or tungsten bars and 1 coral.

Speaking of the starfish wand, why isnt there a summon staff between the starfish wand and the hunger staff?
i crafted it..after hardmode..yeah..that would have been sooo useful to have :( but at least I have the papa hungerling staff now :D

Are the lesser flight wings 50% flight time? Because I compared them to my makeshift wings(which have 40% flight time) and noticed the lesser flight wings fly slightly higher.

I'd like to find out what the exact conditions are for the Cook to spawn. I'm playing this along with "Accessory Slots+", and the Cook keeps spawning before the Merchant, which makes things a lot harder than normal even for that mod.

I'd like to find out what the exact conditions are for the Cook to spawn. I'm playing this along with "Accessory Slots+", and the Cook keeps spawning before the Merchant, which makes things a lot harder than normal even for that mod.
Spawns at any point, regardless of progress. You just need a home. Might have to deactivate him until further notice though... :sigh:

There are few things I completely restrict myself from using in Terraria. Those things being:

-Dynasty Wood + Torches: Infinite money, self-explanatory.

-Katana: A gigantic auto-swing weapon for only 2 gold 50 silver makes early game way too easy. What's the point of finding that one Bone Sword early game if you just stumble upon this?

-Fishing: Turns game into cookie clicker randomness (especially pre-hardmode). You don't even need to get ANY ore for ANY pickaxes because of fishing. You can just rush to the ocean and waste time fishing until you finally get what you want (Reaver Shark and Sawtooth Shark). It sucks because these are such nice rewards that are restricted to complete randomness (fishing).

Suggestions for changes on the items that I completely avoid using currently in your mod:

Frost Armor - Make a "Frost Ore", available only in the Underground Snow Biome by mining with Tungsten/Silver or higher pickaxes (unbreakable with bombs). Otherwise, it's incredibly boring to mine and/or toss bombs at snow/ice blocks. If you can code in sliding on normal ground and/or a small hang time with holding space bar (like Magic Carpet or Hoverboard, looks like ice under feet but entire thing only lasts for a second), that would be great. Currently, there's no point getting this over the SandStone Armor (even if you're walking on ice).

SandStone Armor - Make a "SandStone Ore" available in random spots in the desert and underground sand biomes, requiring Gold/Platinum pickaxes (unbreakable with bombs) in order to mine. Add in Sand Worms in the sand biomes, as to make getting this a bit harder (so you can't just box yourself away from all the enemies and safely mine). This set specifically makes the game too easy for too little effort (albeit tedious) in pre-hardmode, for how quickly the materials are obtainable.

Flight Armor - In the previous update, "infinite double jumps" was quite imbalanced. I hated it and quickly stopped using it for that reason alone, since it defeated the purpose of... almost everything, for only the price of wood+feathers. The new update definitely fixed this, however I do think they should require Palm Wood instead of Wood. That would make it so someone would ultimately have to go to both ends of the map to truly get the feeling that they were making an item of flight... and because plain-old wood + feathers isn't hard to obtain for the amount of armor and mobility you amass from the set. I also suggest reducing the armor granted (or making it a hardmode set, requiring Souls of Flight), and make the wings themselves require Souls of Flight, or something similar for replacement in pre-hardmode (such as Hellstone) and giving much less flight time. The whole set currently does waaay too much way too early into the game when put all together. Flying definitely should be kept a rarity (compare these wings to hardmode wings, and you get the idea on how incredibly way too efficient these are).

Renew - Change Renew's recipe to 5 Healing Potions instead of 5 Lesser Healing Potions. Make it require 10 health + 20 mana to cast and it heals you by 30 over 5 seconds (same armor/movement speed debuff). Otherwise (without the over-time healing), one can just spam this and tank any ensuing damage in spite of the debuff, especially because of invulnerability frames. It has nearly no downside right now.

Shields - I honestly think that shields are in little bit of a weird spot. Make them swingable weapons instead, that (when held) reduce your movement speed by 30%, but increase your armor while worn. Each tier higher should give around +2 armor and +3 damage (starting at 6 melee damage and +4 armor). No +HP, obviously. I think this would be a perfectly steady ramp-up. All of the shields are just accessory fodder as they are now. I didn't end up using one for more than a couple of hours even when I found Platinum super-early to make the Platinum Shield, due to mobility accessories. If you plan on making more, each one should definitely give unique passives such as "On Fire!" debuff, slowing enemies on-hit, and 15% reduced movement speed instead of 30% - these would most-likely be the fire/ice/feather versions.

With all that being said, there would be a real sense of progression upon those changes, especially for early-game items. For instance, the Cloth Armor set: Perfectly balanced if it was added into normal Terraria itself! However, as it is now, you can just rush Frost Weapons + Sandstone Armor, destroy the Corruption/Crimson enemies, and have no use for the Cloth Armor by the time you get it. Completely superseded by items far easier to make.

I should mention that these items in their current state are actually very well-designed, but are not fun or balanced to obtain.

Great mod overall, though! I signed up just to give you feedback. I love the creativity and it's definitely filled some of the void left behind by Omnir's Mod Pack not being available for 1.2 on tAPI.

Last edited:
Great mod overall, though! I signed up just to give you feedback. I love the creativity and it's definitely filled some of the void left behind by Omnir's Mod Pack not being available for 1.2 on tAPI.
10 days ago I signed up to just give feedback on a single mod..but now im an active poster in 5 different mod threads :)

Spawns at any point, regardless of progress. You just need a home. Might have to deactivate him until further notice though... :sigh:

Could I suggest adding a condition to it, then? Perhaps needing some form of prepared food in your inventory (soup, ale, sake, pad thai, etc...) before he'll spawn? While building houses doesn't take much time, the Merchant gives a lot of things that are very helpful early on even without the accessory mod, and needing to build a minimum of three houses (assuming you haven't met the conditions for the Dye Trader or anyone else) is a bit of a pain. Really, just in general, though, it's a bit of a pain (at least in my opinion), since all the default NPCs but the Guide have conditions that you can deliberately avoid to control who spawns, and he doesn't.

Could I suggest adding a condition to it, then? Perhaps needing some form of prepared food in your inventory (soup, ale, sake, pad thai, etc...) before he'll spawn? While building houses doesn't take much time, the Merchant gives a lot of things that are very helpful early on even without the accessory mod, and needing to build a minimum of three houses (assuming you haven't met the conditions for the Dye Trader or anyone else) is a bit of a pain. Really, just in general, though, it's a bit of a pain (at least in my opinion), since all the default NPCs but the Guide have conditions that you can deliberately avoid to control who spawns, and he doesn't.
Trust me, once i figure out how to add conditions to town NPC spawning, a lot will change. Problem is, it doesn't seem like anyone else has found out how to make them spawnable when a certain item is in your inventory. Until then, Mr. Cook is gonna be a jerk/gone.

Trust me, once i figure out how to add conditions to town NPC spawning, a lot will change. Problem is, it doesn't seem like anyone else has found out how to make them spawnable when a certain item is in your inventory. Until then, Mr. Cook is gonna be a jerk/gone.
since the cook will be gone you could make the fork/spoon craftable! :D...maybe the fork with 1 trident and some silver? and the spoon with...umm...I don't know..maybe it could be with just some silver? or an upgrade to a wooden spoon item :p

With the cook there is this bug where you keep buying apple pies and you get more money each time you sell them. I've been using this to my advantage for a minishark like straight away but make apple pies sell for like 5 or 7s

Since sandstone and icy armor are opposite from each other the icy armor should have a snowstorm in a bottle double jump.

Since sandstone and icy armor are opposite from each other the icy armor should have a snowstorm in a bottle double jump.
but then youd have 2 armors both clearly possible in a single world with double jump bonus whereas for the icy armor the set bonus is unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom