tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play multiplayer with friends, and we can clearly see a problem with PvP if one person can sit up in the air off-screen indefinitely and drop dynamite/bombs on everyone. It's definitely a problem to have INFINITE double jump. If they had to build a platform up high in order to do that, at least people would have a chance of catching them. Yes it has lower defense but that doesn't mean it is balanced. It's pretty hard to balance infinity.

I only see Harpies at the top of the map (might be a bug due to 14a) so 5 minutes farming them with a water candle and I already have a hundred feathers. Also, if there are other monsters that take up Harpy spawn slots and make the Flight Suit that hard to craft, I'd be concerned that it might excessively increase the value of hardmode Wings and featherfall/gravi potions.

Wings are incredibly powerful as they are, why would you want to have to wear out your spacebar while exploring?

Edit: DivermanSam, go take a nap or something :D

This guy gets me. As much fun as it was using infinite jumps, it was OP. Also, can I play with you?

I play multiplayer with friends, and we can clearly see a problem with PvP if one person can sit up in the air off-screen indefinitely and drop dynamite/bombs on everyone. It's definitely a problem to have INFINITE double jump. If they had to build a platform up high in order to do that, at least people would have a chance of catching them. Yes it has lower defense but that doesn't mean it is balanced. It's pretty hard to balance infinity.

I only see Harpies at the top of the map (might be a bug due to 14a) so 5 minutes farming them with a water candle and I already have a hundred feathers. Also, if there are other monsters that take up Harpy spawn slots and make the Flight Suit that hard to craft, I'd be concerned that it might excessively increase the value of hardmode Wings and featherfall/gravi potions.

Wings are incredibly powerful as they are, why would you want to have to wear out your spacebar while exploring?

Edit: DivermanSam, go take a nap or something :D
Then you should try other armor. I don't play multi-player with friends. There are some of us who prefer single player, so no, not for single player they aren't.

Steel toed boots shouldn't make you faster. They have metal on them, that's counterintuitive. Thorns is smart on the stompers though. Are the crimson mobs that drop flesh pre-hardmode?
Zombies shoudln't exist.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418617634][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then you should try other armor. I don't play multi-player with friends. There are some of us who prefer single player, so no, not for single player they aren't.

Still OP for single player. Infinite Jumps are stronger than ALL wings. Let that sink in a moment. A few feathers > Hard worked for Wings

Zombies shoudln't exist.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418617634][/DOUBLEPOST]

Still OP for single player. Infinite Jumps are stronger than ALL wings. Let that sink in a moment. A few feathers > Hard worked for Wings
That's your opinion. I seriously doubt how something that has 8 defense is over powered. I'm highly intelligent, and It "sunk" in. This set can only be used before flesh wall is defeated. If you use it any other time after that, you'll die.

Not necessarily true. Paired with enough movement speed, dodging is easy + you can also increase your defense with modifiers. (+20 with Wardingx5, +3> with the actual accessories). 31 Armor isn't too shabby in hardmode.

Not necessarily true. Paired with enough movement speed, dodging is easy + you can also increase your defense with modifiers. (+20 with Wardingx5, +3> with the actual accessories). 31 Armor isn't too shabby in hardmode.

No- It's still not. In hardmode, the modder has made very balanced, very thoughtful armor which I am now using as my main set. The coral and flight armors I keep around to get to one of my fishing islands for cloud fishing, and to traverse the jungle with ease. This set is great up until those enemies just get that much harder. As a matter of fact, even with warding (and he's made it to where money isn't easy to get either, so you need to have LOTS of luck, or around 5 plat to get warding on your modifiers) on two of my modifiers, and armored one the other ones, I still find myself having to fight hard to survive an onslaught of jumpers. Even if that wasn't enough, You can't fly with this on , either. Just double jumping. I think he really did make this set balanced. He also clearly thought this out.

Yes, but my point is it's still an option. Therefore, it is still overpowered. Infinite IS very hard (and maybe impossible) to balance against.

I will be honest, my favorite armor set is the flesh set, it gives you so much leway when you get hit due to its crazy regen, sure it has only 25 defense but still.

Nope, still not getting it.

Errm... okay? I was just trying to tell diverman sam how much I liked the flesh armor...

The regen of flesh armor is crazy though, way faster then crimson and the regen keeps up through taking hits unlike crimson. Some debuffs like On Fire cancel it out until the debuff goes away but I still love it. :)

Yes, but my point is it's still an option. Therefore, it is still overpowered. Infinite IS very hard (and maybe impossible) to balance against.
Listen, kid , want the last word? Knock yourself out. :)

Terra Branford YES! that's what I'm using right now. It's awesome, isn't it?!
[DOUBLEPOST=1418620505][/DOUBLEPOST]
Errm... okay? I was just trying to tell diverman sam how much I liked the flesh armor...

The regen of flesh armor is crazy though, way faster then crimson and the regen keeps up through taking hits unlike crimson. Some debuffs like On Fire cancel it out until the debuff goes away but I still love it. :)
Sigh, I meant to quote YOUR post, Terra. Oh, and nice profile picture. :)

Amazing mod!
Is the hunger staff supposed to be able to summon a giant swarm of papa hungers by repeated clicking? Combining the low mana cost with their incredible speed, I hardly used any other weapon after getting this. If I had one wish for the mod, it would be to make that staff work like the spider staff, one pet-minion that follows you around, moving at regular speed. The Flesh armor is my favorite looking set, I've been wearing it over all of the hard mode armors. Thanks for the great mod, I won't be playing Terraria without it!

Why magma ore? Turning stone into an ore, the ore into a core and crafting with that seems not worthwhile. We already have the molten armour, obsidian armour, we don't really need another fire or lave based set.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418655817][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe you should mix in some ectoplasm or Lizhard bricks into the Terrarium set. It's pretty OP for Pre-Plantera. The buffs are amazing but available too early.

Why magma ore? Turning stone into an ore, the ore into a core and crafting with that seems not worthwhile. We already have the molten armour, obsidian armour, we don't really need another fire or lave based set.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418655817][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe you should mix in some ectoplasm or Lizhard bricks into the Terrarium set. It's pretty OP for Pre-Plantera. The buffs are amazing but available too early.
I agree with the terrarium set comment it looks like what would be the final armor in the game, and should be because of its buffs as for the magma armor I like it, I like to have alternatives

I would actually suggest instead of just adding lizhard bricks or ectoplasm, instead putting unfathomable flesh or dread soul into the recipes (having them be interchangable specifically for making the terrarium). Maybe adding the other souls too.

I love how people are talking about balance in terraria. Kinda funny when the endgame has a tendency to feel like a typical episode of DBZ, its constant over the top overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom