tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I do kind of agree that the move speed buff on the boots seems off. Owning a pair of steel toed boots IRL, I can confirm that they aren't really the best for running in. Kicking things, on the other hand... Well, what about defence and knockback? There aren't many knockback increasing items in vanilla Terraria, that I can recall.
(Speed buffs, on the other hand, are already fairly common.)
You can count hundrets of things that not exacly are true with irl you know? Someone would be a total idiot to jump from a empire state building with horeshoe in their pocket and think they will survive.

Last edited:
You can't count hundrets of things that not exacly are true with irl you know? Someone would be a total idiot to jump from a empire state building with horeshoe in their pocket and think they will survive.
Nifty. Also completely ignores the rest of my point.

Actually, I do kind of agree that the move speed buff on the boots seems off. Owning a pair of steel toed boots IRL, I can confirm that they aren't really the best for running in. Kicking things, on the other hand... Well, what about defence and knockback? There aren't many knockback increasing items in vanilla Terraria, that I can recall.
(Speed buffs, on the other hand, are already fairly common.)

EDIT: To be specific, the items that make the player move faster are Aglet, Anklet of the Wind, Flurry Boots, Frostspark Boots, Hermes Boots, Lightning Boots, and Spectre boots. Meanwhile, knockback only has Mechanical Glove, Power Glove, and Titan Glove...all of which are unavailable until Hardmode.
Hmmmmm

I did not ignore it, but i don't get the parts when people try to compare not serious at all game to real life ;p for me you can create armor made out of cookies that is stronger than the strongest alloy irl ;p

just saying ;)
Fair point. It's not as though games, even Terraria, are completely divorced from reality, though. Even when something doesn't make realistic sense, there's still some kind of logic to it. For example, the horseshoe isn't just any old horseshoe, it's a horseshoe of gold, found in a mystical chest, in a ruin on an island that magically floats in the clouds. So there's just a slight chance that it might not be your ordinary horseshoe (also the game describes it as "lucky", a trait traditionally ascribed to horseshoes, and with a significant amount of luck people have been known to survive some pretty ridiculous falls). So there's what's "realistic" and then there's what makes sense in context. Ultimately, though, this isn't really worth arguing too much, and we should probably just agree to disagree. My main thing was just that there's a lot of ways to run faster in Terraria already, and suggesting an effect that can be logically associated with steel toed boots that isn't as well represented in-game (namely knockback), that's all.

Anyone know why harpies aren't spawning? I'm on a floating island in space, been here for 20m and not one harpie. Any suggestions/help?

IT DOESN'T WORK ON MY PC IT SAID APPLICATION NOT FOUND AND I DID EVERYTHING IT SAID THERE!
[DOUBLEPOST=1420818944][/DOUBLEPOST]IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME WHY IT SAID APPLICATION NOT FOUND AND I DID EVERYTHING IT TOLD ME! DD:

IT DOESN'T WORK ON MY PC IT SAID APPLICATION NOT FOUND AND I DID EVERYTHING IT SAID THERE!
[DOUBLEPOST=1420818944][/DOUBLEPOST]IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME WHY IT SAID APPLICATION NOT FOUND AND I DID EVERYTHING IT TOLD ME! DD:

Is the file still zipped? It was zipped when I downloaded it and I forgot to unzip it.

Anyone know why harpies aren't spawning? I'm on a floating island in space, been here for 20m and not one harpie. Any suggestions/help?

Someone may have a better suggestion, but, I've gone on some floating clouds and not having them spawn unless I jump up a lot with a battle potion. Other clouds have harpies all over the place.

Hey man! How about all tiers (including the tiers from copper to platinum) having all weaponry available? Like Iron boomerang and stuff? Including the throwing stuff, like the throwing axes from Sea Bars. I really love making themed builds and that would be so dreamy! Even for other players I'm sure! We can make a Spears dude, a Boomerangs dude, a Bows dude, a Guns dude, a daggers dude, a flail dude, a throwing weaponry dude, etc. etc. (currently the viable ones are Spear, Bows, and Guns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom