tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry bud, but in order to remain special I've decided to not do that. There are about 100 mods that add bronze - Platinum spears, boomerangs and guns. I try to keep away from the generic stuff people like to add. (whether or not I'm successful is up to you guys)
[DOUBLEPOST=1420861005][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does the Cook have a chance to be Named Walter/Jesse? or does he not get a name ( I have not played your mod)
Now that's the kind of message i like to read. Next update you might just see that.

I'm sorry bud, but in order to remain special I've decided to not do that. There are about 100 mods that add bronze - Platinum spears, boomerangs and guns. I try to keep away from the generic stuff people like to add. (whether or not I'm successful is up to you guys)
[DOUBLEPOST=1420861005][/DOUBLEPOST] Now that's the kind of message i like to read. Next update you might just see that.

Not even as a separate addon? :|

Hmmm, I might consider it. But its not top priority.;(I'm sorry
As long as it is somewhere within your thoughts, it's good enough :) If I weren't such a bad spriter I could try to help you out. But better avoid catastrophic events. That turtle statue doesn't count (profile pic).

EDIT: If I wanted to sprite a boomerang for instance, what size would I use? Was it 32x32? Wanna give the spriting a shot.

Last edited:
As long as it is somewhere within your thoughts, it's good enough :) If I weren't such a bad spriter I could try to help you out. But better avoid catastrophic events. That turtle statue doesn't count (profile pic).

EDIT: If I wanted to sprite a boomerang for instance, what size would I use? Was it 32x32? Wanna give the spriting a shot.
I suppose I should take this one ;)

to make sprites for this game you don't really need to worry about the size of the image, you just need to worry about the size of the pixels: ALWAYS make them 2x2, never 1x1... it just looks bad

What does that mean
If you don't know, then the answer is probably yes. Many mods, including this one, comes in a compressed format (".zip" in this case), which is used to make files take up less space, making them easier to transfer between machines. However, to actually use the files, you will need a program like WinZip, WinRar, or 7zip to decompress the ".zip" file (sometimes ".rar", ".ace", ".7z" or a few others that are less common) back into the original file(s). Basically, all mods for Tapi have a ".tapi" extension. So if you download a mod and it says something other than ".tapi", it's compressed.

Last edited:
I suppose I should take this one ;)

to make sprites for this game you don't really need to worry about the size of the image, you just need to worry about the size of the pixels: ALWAYS make them 2x2, never 1x1... it just looks bad
Yeah. I tried doing it. But I only know how to recolor.

Hey everyone :) I just registered here to say two things:

The first is that this mod is amazing :passionate:

I've been playing it all week and I feel as though new life has been breathed into Terraria. IMHO, this should be the new baseline. Very well done and thank you so much!

And the second thing, I have encountered a few minor inconsistencies, and one error that causes a CTD, which I can replicate reliably.

For the minor stuff, the only one I can remember off hand is that Icy Shards cost 5 Snow and 5 Ice, not 4 and 4 as it says in the description. I will post here as I encounter any other inconsistencies like this, I'm pretty sure I found a few more.

The CTD I encountered was when attempting to place the Sandstone armour set onto a mannequin, specifically, the female mannequin (the male version works just fine). The body armour throws an error ( I can post it here if you like) and then Terraria shuts down. It seems to me that this must be caused by not having female versions of the armours? The only other one I have to test with is Bronze, and it does the same thing.

Anyway, I feel like you must already know about this, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. It's not a huge issue anyway, I'll just use the male mannequins :)

I would LOVE to play this, but,the latest GameLauncher download is a 404. On the TO thread for 1.2.4.1. Idk if you have any influence on it.
EDIT: Nvm, it's all good. I suggest changing the link to the TCF thread.

Dunno if someone mentioned this earlier or not, but it seems that the Cook NPC doesn't seem to work very well in either single player or multiplayer. In single player, from my own experience, he gets a name, but he loves to stick to a doorway or door and he can't be moved or removed from a room/house. In multiplayer, it's practically the same, except he just gets called DEFAULT instead.

That's about all I can think of right now for bugs. Other NPCs seem fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom