tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, one final question : i saw a vid by Mrtheepicninja and i noticed his mason cross heals 50. The one in the current version heals 25. is there anyy way to edit the amount it heals back to 50? or should i say, is there a way to uncompress the thorium mod to edit that specific item? I do not intend to upload it or take credit for it.
To decompile thorium just rename the thorium.tapi to thorium.zip

what do i rename? when i rename the mod itself it just moves to the mods folder like normal
EDIT: and how do i decompile it to edit the item? im sorry im new.
EDIT2: nevermind i got it

ok so, i see the "healLife": 25, i change it to 50, save it, and then take that thorium thing put it in mods folder and when i go over and use the cross, it still only does 50. Do i have do get it to drop again?

thought id put an update..... the mason cross does still not heal for 50 even when i get another to drop

ok so when i go into the raw tapi mod file it still lists the cross as healing 25 health. i cant seem to find a way to edit as i can only go into view mode.

edit: I opened the raw file in notepad and changed it from 25 to 50. will see what happens next
[DOUBLEPOST=1440548856,1440548313][/DOUBLEPOST]
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Carter Matters\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Local\ThoriumMod+.tapi'.
at __Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at ZipFile.get_ReadStream()
at ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)
at ZipFile.Read(String fileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter, Encoding encoding, EventHandler`1 readProgress)
at Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at Mod.LoadModInfo()
at Mods.Unload()
at Mods.Reload()
at <>c__DisplayClass25c.<CreateMenus>b__192()
at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so when i go into the raw tapi mod file it still lists the cross as healing 25 health. i cant seem to find a way to edit as i can only go into view mode.

edit: I opened the raw file in notepad and changed it from 25 to 50. will see what happens next
[DOUBLEPOST=1440548856,1440548313][/DOUBLEPOST]
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Carter Matters\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Local\ThoriumMod+.tapi'.
at __Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at ZipFile.get_ReadStream()
at ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)
at ZipFile.Read(String fileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter, Encoding encoding, EventHandler`1 readProgress)
at Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at Mod.LoadModInfo()
at Mods.Unload()
at Mods.Reload()
at <>c__DisplayClass25c.<CreateMenus>b__192()
at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Did you make sure to change ThoriumMod+.zip back to ThoriumMod+.tapi after editing it?

yes. it was working fine when i juist changed the stuff in the thorium mod folder, but still wouldnt change the cross. when i edited the raw tapi mod, it keeps crashing.

It seems that no matter what i edit in the files, except for the raw tapi mod thing, does basolutely nothing. this seems to be the problem of another person i saw. he would crash becuase the mob he killed would try to drop something that wasnt in the game anymore. so he edited the .json file and saved it. again, it did not do anything for him. this seems to be the same problem for me as nothing is working.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

I'm installed the Game Launcher and tAPI completely as the instruction said, but when I launched the tAPI through the Game Launcher the game won't out at all, even the downgraded version of original Terraria it won't launch too.. is there any connection with windows security system or antivirus?

Please someone can tell me what happen and help me to play Terraria with this mod? Thank you...

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

I'm installed the Game Launcher and tAPI completely as the instruction said, but when I launched the tAPI through the Game Launcher the game won't out at all, even the downgraded version of original Terraria it won't launch too.. is there any connection with windows security system or antivirus?

Please someone can tell me what happen and help me to play Terraria with this mod? Thank you...

Go to the log in the gui of game launcher. Does it say process starting and then process exited right after? The same thing happened to me. I deleted game launcher and tapi and the reinstalled them and worked fine for me.

I think that this mod with its current content should be ported over to a 1.3 version, and have a second version with the new content. Because honestly I didn't see all the cool stuff in this mod on my playthrough, and I would be so bummed if some of the stuff went away. All I'm saying is that someone should make a literal port of this mod to tModLoader.

Is there a way to install this mod currently? I backed up my 1.2.4.1 binary, but sadly I don't have a 1.2.4.1 content folder. I don't have gamelauncher installed right now.
I just really want to play this mod after watching MrTheEpicNinja's series.

Well, there is four options for this mod to continue.

1. Continue on tAPI
2. Move over to TModLoader
3. Have Thorium become a source mod
4. Have Thorium become a standalone mod

tAPI still hasn't been updated, right ?As for TModLoader, if this tool has everything tAPI has it will be less painful to part this mod, than with last two options.As for 3 and 4 option it's little late for that, given how much this mod (as many other sadly) depend on tAPI.

This is why I never, unless I absolutely must (or they are better alternatives to what I am offered to work with ), depend on third party libraries/tools when making a mod or in general when I am developing software/app , you never know when the support is going to stop and once it does your left stranded and this is bad practice.

Last edited:
This is why I never, unless I absolutely must (or they are better alternatives to what I am offered to work with ), depend on third party libraries/tools when making a mod or in general when I am developing software/app , you never know when the support is going to stop and once it does your left stranded and this is bad practice.
Third-party APIs/tools exist for several reasons, and are generally used for those reasons. Never using them on the off chance that support for them stops is a little extreme when the benefits far outweigh the downsides, imo. In particular, utilizing such tools is often drastically more convenient and efficient for developers than not. Furthermore, in the case of modifications for pre-existing software, such as Terraria, which does not itself provide a framework for modifications or plugins, the use of a third-party API is almost necessary if a developer wants their modification to be compatible with certain other modifications without the necessity of making and maintaining multiple compatibility patches.

While I mostly agree in principle with keeping third-party dependencies to a minimum for software development in general, such dependencies are practically essential in the case of mods or plugins for software that doesn't itself provide such facilities, as I mentioned above. It is not bad practice by any means, and in fact, I would personally contend that refusing to use such tools when they are at one's disposal and one has a need for them is incredibly inefficient and far more so bad practice than using them is. Imagine writing a login script in Lua and getting to a point where you need to run password data through a cryptographic hashing algorithm such as SHA-2 for secure password storage and for checking password inputs against the stored hashes. Would you seriously re-invent the wheel and write your own SHA-2 implementation from scratch just to avoid dependencies, or would you use a pre-existing, well-tested, third-party library designed for that purpose?

Granted, making use of third-party APIs/tools/etc is a trade-off. You get more convenience and greater efficiency at the cost of a certain amount of the surety of being able to keep using the same code in the future. Personally, I think it is a fair trade-off, especially when writing one's own implementations for certain things can be a drastically more significant time sink than simply adapting one's code to a new API should the one that was once used lose support.

But irregardless, I'm waaaaayyy off-topic, lol. XD The fact stands that tAPI has not been updated and will not be updated, and so far, neither TModLoader nor Prism have all of the tools needed, to my knowledge, to re-implement this mod, nor do we have official modding support as of yet, so we will probably just have to wait a good long while on this beautiful piece of work making it's way to Terraria 1.3. ;w;

Last edited:
Third-party APIs/tools exist for several reasons, and are generally used for those reasons. Never using them on the off chance that support for them stops is a little extreme when the benefits far outweigh the downsides, imo. In particular, utilizing such tools is often drastically more convenient and efficient for developers than not. Furthermore, in the case of modifications for pre-existing software, such as Terraria, which does not itself provide a framework for modifications or plugins, the use of a third-party API is almost necessary if a developer wants their modification to be compatible with certain other modifications without the necessity of making and maintaining multiple compatibility patches.

While I mostly agree in principle with keeping third-party dependencies to a minimum for software development in general, such dependencies are practically essential in the case of mods or plugins for software that doesn't itself provide such facilities, as I mentioned above. It is not bad practice by any means, and in fact, I would personally contend that refusing to use such tools when they are at one's disposal and one has a need for them is incredibly inefficient and far more so bad practice than using them is. Imagine writing a login script in Lua and getting to a point where you need to run password data through a cryptographic hashing algorithm such as SHA-2 for secure password storage and for checking password inputs against the stored hashes. Would you seriously re-invent the wheel and write your own SHA-2 implementation from scratch just to avoid dependencies, or would you use a pre-existing, well-tested, third-party library designed for that purpose?

Granted, making use of third-party APIs/tools/etc is a trade-off. You get more convenience and greater efficiency at the cost of a certain amount of the surety of being able to keep using the same code in the future. Personally, I think it is a fair trade-off, especially when writing one's own implementations for certain things can be a drastically more significant time sink than simply adapting one's code to a new API should the one that was once used lose support.

But irregardless, I'm waaaaayyy off-topic, lol. XD The fact stands that tAPI has not been updated and will not be updated, and so far, neither TModLoader nor Prism have all of the tools needed, to my knowledge, to re-implement this mod, nor do we have official modding support as of yet, so we will probably just have to wait a good long while on this beautiful piece of work making it's way to Terraria 1.3. ;w;
You seem like you know a lot about grammar and you have some good things to say but... Irregardless is not a word. Not trying to be an :red: or grammar nazi, just notifying you.

You seem like you know a lot about grammar and you have some good things to say but... Irregardless is not a word. Not trying to be an :red: or grammar nazi, just notifying you.
Au contraire, mon frere. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

It is admittedly dialectal and generally considered to be non-standard, but it is indeed a valid word. :dryadwink: I am aware that 'regardless' is typically a better choice, but I have a sub-conscious penchant for using 'irregardless' in place of 'regardless' in places where I want added emphasis. XD

Last edited:
Au contraire, mon frere. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

It is admittedly dialectal and generally considered to be non-standard, but it is indeed a valid word. :dryadwink: I am aware that 'regardless' is generally a better choice, but I have a sub-conscious penchant for using 'irregardless' in place of 'regardless' in places where I want added emphasis. XD
Ta gueule. "Use regardless instead." - Merriam Webster dictionary
lol just kidding

Last edited:
actually now that I think about it 1 might be the best and then I wont need help soooooo no need to reply.
I think they are directions for DivermanSam, not the users. Except option 1, now that I think about it. But porting thorium to tmodloader or making it source or standalone is for the dev.

And you will need the pesky CraftButton for 1.2.4.1 tapi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom