tModLoader Thor's Hammer

MagicStick

Terrarian
Thorshammer.png

Ever wanted to destroy blocks with style? Look no further!

Thor's very own hammer, forged in the heart of a fallen star, will pass through enemies and blocks alike; destroying them on contact!

Now mining the entire map will be that much easier and tolerable.

Damage scales non-linearly with player max health.

Recipe: 99 fallen stars, adamantite forge.

Search for this mod "Thor's Hammer" in the mod browser now!

Last edited:
Nice concept! I like using it for making quick tunnels.

However, this is crafted in hardmode at an Adamantite Anvil. I would expect any hardmode gear like this to be able to break hardmode ore. While using, I find that it doesn't break Dungeon Bricks, any ore added from other TMods, and none of the hardmode ores.

Dungeon Bricks are breakable in pre-hardmode using a Reaver Shark, so I would expect a hardmode tunneler like this to be able to smash them as well.

I could understand it not breaking Lihzahrd bricks, but no hardmode at all?

One thing I would like to say that I do really like is that this doesn't destroy minecart tracks or platforms. It is very nice to be able to make a perch and smash freely from there.

@exarobibliologist
That would be because all hardmode ores and dungeon bricks are explosion proof. It was my intention to make mjolnir unable to break explosion proof objects, as a way of allowing the player to create structures that can withstand mjolnir.

Of course if this becomes a problem for many people, I am willing to change this.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm glad people are having fun destroying blocks in this new and interesting way.

It's HAMMER TIME!

Last edited:
@exarobibliologist
That would be because all hardmode ores and dungeon bricks are explosion proof. It was my intention to make mjolnir unable to break explosion proof objects, as a way of allowing the player to create structures that can withstand mjolnir.

Of course if this becomes a problem for many people, I am willing to change this.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm glad people are having fun destroying blocks in this new and interesting way.

It's HAMMER TIME!
You might want to be careful how you handle that. If possible, perhaps you could make it so the hammer has an effective pickaxe power of 180%. That way you can break early hardmode ores and dungeon bricks, but at the same not be able to mine ores earlier than you're supposed to like being able to mine Chlorophyte Ore before beating all the mech bosses. You could also do a config setting if the hammer can break explosive proof blocks or not.

Back
Top Bottom