Those "how did I survive that?" Moments

Pretty much any moment where i've done something stupid and survived with only 1 hp (usually cliff jumping. "this doesn't look TOO high right?")

First time playing the thieves guild questline in skyrim, was at... forgot its name.. the dwemer place.. where mercer becomes dead, i was HORRIBLY underleveled and kept dying trying to get to where he was, constantly getting killed by falmer, eventually i just kept spamming the "become ethereal" shout and ran as fast as my tiny khajiit legs could carry me until i reached the end. Mercer was actually pretty easy to kill though.

Well it all started in calamity mod.

Was doing pretty good, had perennial armor and was just about to fight plantera.
Suddenly, 2 earth elementals(from another mod or calamity, forgot) gang up on me, while a hornet keeps shooting at me. Managed to get out with 20 health, and the last golem was at at very little health, so easy kill for me.

Fast foward a couple hours (yes, calamity is big) And I'm fighting Devourer of gods. He kept spamming his messages because some kind of bug maybe? I don't know. he just kept spamming them. Of course, this lagged my game big time and I was eventually met with me slowly running to the nurse since potion sickness was on.

Since I was using solar flare armor, + terratomere(I think) he was pretty easy but his attacks were still devastating in expert.

(Hey, did I mention I finally beat expert Moon lord with perennial armor? Forgot to grind beetle armor.)

I was playing Gang Beasts and I was thrown off into the liquid stuff in the Grinder level. I grabbed on to the fence and I pulled myself up to somehow make a comeback. Didn't win the game, but I won the match.

I was digging a hellavator and started drowning. 385 HP later, I finally found an air pocket. One more second or one less heart crystal, I'd have been dead.

So yesterday I was playing Far Cry 4 and I was using an LMG to hunt Rhinos for a bit. I never payed attention to the amount of bullets in the mag. I ran out after I missed a few shots on one. I somehow managed to kill it with a shotgun, don't ask me how.

Ever survived jumping over that one platform you're supposed to slide onto in the beginning of Can't Let Go in Geometry Dash? I have, multiple times. It's quite a difficult jump to make, especially since that's not what you're supposed to do.

In my hardmode start playthrough, I survived getting hit by an emperor scorpion with 1 HEALTH! This was after the debuff ran out...

I remember playing monster hunter 4 ultimate, hunting the niblesnarf and i was running out of time, I almost gave up but didn't and finished with 2 seconds on the clock

Literally yesterday, I was playing Rain World. I had kept seeing those weird pink/albino flying things that look like a straw and finally decided to try and figure out what exactly they did. So I approached one that had neared the ground, and I grabbed it. It started making noises, and then it went limp; with my experience with Vulture Grubs, this freaked me out, and I tossed the thing.
Moments later, a BIG MAMA STRAW BOY COMES IN FROM A PIPE, AND STARTS FOLLOWING ME AROUND EVERYWHERE. I soon figure out that it's trying to HARPOON me with its long snout, and I just start running.
I run back and forth between several different rooms, including a Fire Lizard-infested hideout that I couldn't maneuver as easily as I would have liked due to a distinct absence of Squidcadas, and a room being camped out by SEVERAL different creatures. I was on an all-out anxiety high.
Seven minutes into this Benny Hill-like chase, I come across a spear (why were they not spawning earlier?!) and finally start to stand my ground. I bait the harpoon noodle into attacking, and I chuck my spear at it. I, of course, missed because I underestimated how FAST this thing moves, and instead hit a Fire Lizard, killing it. I thread the literal needle once again with a swift dodge, and FINALLY kill the damn thing. After the adrenaline wore off, I realized I had, like, three minutes left before the rain came in and obliterated my Slugcat, so I ran to the nearby Shelter and s l e p p e d.

Did I mEntIon THiS GamE giVeS me AnxIEtY?

I was playing Splatoon.

SPOILER WARNING YA SQUID KIDS!

I was in DJ Octavio's battle. I was bombarded with a giant eyeball, 4 Octorpedoes and a laser, and only somehow survived.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War
I was fighting an orc captain and my health was depleted for the 3rd time. For those who don't know, you can have it depleted 2 times in a battle before it's a confirmed kill, with depletion 1 having a QTE to get out of it and 2 having a significantly faster QTE with a smaller area where you can press the button. Right before the captain killed me, some guy came in and murdered him. I think it's a random chance thing, but it might be influenced by other factors. Please tell me if you happen to know.

I was in the dungeon on my Thorium world when I forget to equip my Lucky horseshoe and fell down a long drop and took nearly 300 damage, then got swarmed by tons of dungeon monsters and was barely able to grapple to safety.

Minecraft. a week ago, a Creeper blew me into lava and i jumped out on 4 and a half hearts. burned until 1 half heart. made it up to the surface, narrowly avoided an enderman and made it back to the house and ate a whole cake.

One time in SSBU I was playing Meta Knight and was in the upper 100%s in damage and we were both on one stock. I managed to get a smash ball, teleport behind the opponent, and do my final smash.

I was playing modded Rimworld and I had a thriving colony that consisted of a pack of avali, and one of them ( His name is "Edgy") was really unhappy because one of his packmates died. I thought "This won't be a problem." I was wrong. A group of manhunting arctic foxes attacked. The group had 50+ foxes. I then thought "If I just forbid the doors, we'll be safe." Wrong again. Edgy decided that he would just wander around to relive his stress. He wandered outside and immediately got attacked by the horde of foxes. They downed all of my colonists and animals. When all your colonists are downed, the game sends you a "man in black" to give you a second chance. The man in black immediately gets downed by the foxes. Minutes pass. The foxes have left. I watch in horror as my colonists slowly bleed to death. They all die. All except Edgy. I look at Edgy's health tab and it shows that he doesn't have a single cut or bite. His luck (and crappy armor) saved him. He was just downed from pain. Minutes pass. Edgy wakes up, nearly dead from starvation, and heads into the warehouse to eat a simple meal. My colony survived.

Back
Top Bottom