Weapons & Equip Thrower Class: Reforged Shuriken

Drarky

Terrarian
So, with the new class coming out I was very hyped because of the possibilities it had (THROWING STUFF). But sadly, on this update the class got the reverse-summoner problem (Early game items, but no gear for late), so I wanted to try out making some of the options for gear, and here it's the first one:

d9fbd6e59c34553b7fe60bf11e30dea5.png

This is just an early design, I'm fairly new at the sprite working so I apologize for the ugly look

Reforged Shuriken:
-Can be found in Pots and after that, they are sold by the Merchant (Price open to discuss)
-Can be crafted on the Mythril anvil with Shurikens+Silver/Tungsten Bars

Everything on this part it's subject to change so don't panic if you see something that looks like broken/useless here
30/35 Damage
12% of Critical Chance
Very Fast Speed
Very Weak Knockback
Consumable

Just like the original Shurikens, they are piercing and when they touch the ground the either dissapear, or you can pick them up again.
These are the basic weaponry for a Thrower class after HM has been activated, the Silver/Tungsten Bars crafting has been made with the purpose of not using a major part of the materials (Because Shurikens are consumables and you definitely want to get your gear/pickaxe first) and getting them a purpose after HM has been activated (Every other tier but Lead/Iron ores are pretty much useless after HM is activated).

Thanks for reading, I'm open to opinions.

I feel like maybe we could have branching throwable weapons that applies a variety of damage types. I'd like to see something like 20-30 Shurikens combined with Hellstone bars to make Flaming Shurikens that have a chance to ignite enemies on fire, or combined with a Venom Vial to create Venom throwables.

some accessories for throwers would go nicely with this. are they ranged or melee? I cant remember, never used them past prehardmode, coz lack of support.

Maybe it's not because it's missing enough weapons (Flying Knife, Shadowflame Knife and all boomerangs can easily be setted as throwing IMO)
But I think more about the lack of unique armor/accessoires when it comes to throwing.

Back
Top Bottom