Weapons & Equip Throwing equipments until endgame

CorruptMimic22

Torch God
Everyone knows about the four endgame armors right? Solar, Vortex, Nebula and Stardust. But the throwing was abandoned, Why? I don't know, but if the throwing was armors until endgame?
(I will call the throwing class rogue, because throwing is a big word and in calamity they call throwing rogue)
The armors for throwing are:

∆ PreH
I will only change 1 thing and add 1, the bonuses of the armors will be from the mobile/console version and the goblin tinkerer will sell the BIONIC ARM, when equipped it will increase the rogue range (x10), it costs 50 platinum, meaning that's probably here to say: "you're poor".

∆ Hardmode
A new accessory will be at the merchant shop and it will turn the middle line bigger (see the end of the threat), its name is mind scope (looks like a book) and costs 3 platinum.
Here we would add new armors for rogue, actually, just masks like calamity to rogue exists in Hardmode, so we will add:
Cobalt mask, Palladium mask, Orichalcun mask, Mythril mask, Titanium mask, Adamantine mask and Hallowed mask.
(all give 20% chance do not consume rogue weapons)
Also a exclusive rogue armor:
*Cloud armor - made of 20 (mask)/30 (chainmail)/25 (leggings) cloud blocks and 10(mask)/25(chainmail)/15(leggings) mythril/orichalcun bars
Set bonus: 60% chance of not consuming rogue weapons
Now the weapons are:
*Mythril/Orichalcun rogue knifes - 20 damage
(1 bar = 50 knifes).
*Cursed/ichor rogue knifes - 30 damage, inflicts cursed flame/ichor
(1 cursed flame/ichor + 50 Mythril/orichalcun rogue knifes = 50 cursed/ichor knifes).
*Hallowed knifes - 25 damage, inflicts +10% damage when with rogue hallowed set equipped.
(1 bar = 50 knifes).
*Cloud glove - consumes clouds, throw cloud knifes. 28 damage, inflicts debuff - head in the clouds (5% chance): make enemies slow down for 5 sec.
*Rain grenade - made of rain cloud blocks(5 block for each 50 grenades) and gives 80 damage
(Now the cloud blocks are dropped by angry nimbus, he gives more rain cloud blocks than cloud blocks)

∆ Pre-Plantera
The things get hard here, because here don't have much things to change or add, we will add:
Clorophyte mask, gives 33% chance do not consume rogue weapons.
Clorophyte rogue knife - 40 damage
(1 bar = 50 knifes)
There have the javelin, you just need 1 iron bar plus 1 clorophyte bar to do 50 javelins
∆ pre-Golem
Wow, now you have your clorophyte armor and rogue knifes, but at this point the ranger can make a shroomite armor, the melee can do the turtle armor, the mage can do the spectre armor and the summoner buy or do his tiki / spooky armor, but you are a rogue, what should you do? I know, you can make the:
Demolition armor - made of boomnite bars, selled by the demolitionist or rarely found in the caverns layer, costs 5 golds each bar, we have: the demolition mask - 12 bars (65% chance you don't consume grenades)
Boomnite chainmail - between the ranged and melle defense stats
and leggings.
Set bonus: immune to explosives
Yep, now you're the bomberman, but if you prefer the knifes you can use the:

*Bio-ninja armor - made of the ninja armor + clorophyte throwing set (only the mask changes), costs the same amount as the turtle armor.
Set bonus: unlimited swiftness potion effect.
Same buffs but for knifes and javelins.

Boomnite grenade - 90 damage
Made of 1 boomnite bar and 50 grenades, selled by the demolitionist for 20 silvers each.

* Also the cyborg will sell Gravity grenades - 80 damage/30 silvers. Will let the enemies with Distorted debuff for 3 sec, bosses are affected by 1 sec. And the cooldown for the grenade is 3 sec.
Can be crafted with 1 boomnite bar,

∆ pre-lunar events
... There is nothing ..., Maybe we can add the lihzahrd javelin, dropped from javelin lihzahrds 10-30(new mob) and found in chests, 56 damage.

∆ Pre ML

Well, we have the pillars, we can add one more for rogue, the Void pillar, and also there's a new recipe once the pillars are summoned at least once:
astronaut set-tooltip : was created by an otherworldly creature.
medium defense for post golem armor but let you safe from suffocating and freezing debuffs, helmet made of iron bars and glass, the rest will be made of iron silk, a new item.
And it also have brand new enemies like: void travellers, a flying enemy that throws spears at you.
A selenian-like monster that will be following you and pushing you down with a vacuum ray

Deep space centipede: a crawlipede like mob, it has 10 segments and a orb in each, the orbs will become yellow and black on a pattern and only the yellow ones take damage, only one of them is yellow, every 3 sec it changes to black and another one becomes yellow. They inflict suffocation upon contact and they don't go to the ground

And the Lost drone: it is passive, but has an area around it where gravity doesn't work and inflict suffocation/freezing debuffs
The weapons will be:
A endless grenade called:
Void bomb - 156 damage and let the effect suffocation for 2 sec on enemies.
and a endless rogue knife called:
Void cutter - 98 damage and

∆ Endgame
WE DID IT, now we can do the void armor set bonus: if you hit the knife/grenade, it have 40% chance of throw a javelin, like the Phantasm arrow, that deals 50 damage

Also there is a new mechanic for throwing: when you're using a throwing weapon, a bar will appear for each attack, If you play Enter the gungeon, you may know about the cog of war, if not, search for it on the respective wiki. The bar will have a line in the middle and a green line moving, if you hit the middle line, you deal more damage and go faster, if you hit near it, you will deal normal damage, and if you hit far from it, you will deal half of the weapon damage, the line will be hit the bar wall and go back to a second try, the green line will reach at the wall at diferent times depending of the weapon. Once you hit the line, it will immediately start again. So you just need to catch the weapon timing.

∆Bionic arm
The bionic arm is also a material,(all the crafts in the tinkerer workshop) with the arm and 20 gold/platinum bars you make the bionic arm 2.0, add 30 hellstone bars to the 2.0 and you get the 3.0, then add 30 Adamantine/Titanium bars to get the 4.0, +30 hallowed bars for 5.0, +30 clorophyte bars for 6.0, +30 boomnite bars for 7.0 and +40 luminite bars for "8.0"(actually the eight is an infinite upside left) for each upgrade it add +3% throwing speed.

Last edited:
Adding on to this, even if it was balanced successfully, it would be just a jankier version of ranger.
I disagree. In it's latest implementation, definetly, but the thing you're not taking into consideration would be some kind of new mechanic. I don't mean calamity's "stealth mechanic", which still makes it a jankier ranger, I mean something unique, that makes the class stand out, much like thorium's techniques and exhaustion. It really comes down to what would make the class different instead of "does it have enough weapons and are they good?", which is what most people think of when they hear "expansion/improvement". Don't know why, though, since that's a very shallow mentality that rarely does anything.

I disagree. In it's latest implementation, definetly, but the thing you're not taking into consideration would be some kind of new mechanic. I don't mean calamity's "stealth mechanic", which still makes it a jankier ranger, I mean something unique, that makes the class stand out, much like thorium's techniques and exhaustion. It really comes down to what would make the class different instead of "does it have enough weapons and are they good?", which is what most people think of when they hear "expansion/improvement". Don't know why, though, since that's a very shallow mentality that rarely does anything.
I suppose that’s true. After master mode’s implementation I don’t have faith in the devs actually innovating with it, though.

Edited, now have a pillar name and pillar exclusive enemies and effects. A "new mechanic" and 2 new accessories to help.
Also the name i choose for the pillar is a reference to the fact that the throwing in PC doesn't exist and in console/mobile the throwing is a preH class

Last edited:
I suppose that’s true. After master mode’s implementation I don’t have faith in the devs actually innovating with it, though.
Terraria's Master mode was based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds master mode, which moves enemies up a tier, for instance a red bokoblin would be replaced by a blue one, so on and so forth creating an extra challenge and barely any extra rewards, the reason there aren't any good items in master mode is because if you could take an op item into a lower tiered world, this is just a way of making a brutal difficulty without giving players 24% damage reduction. they wanted to give the best players to show their worth without good items, which shows multiple reasons why most master mode items are just gimmicky pets instead of helpful mounts are items, the somewhat useful items would be the Hexxed Branch, Toy Tank, Dark Mage's Tome, Goat Skull, The Black Spot, Pumpkin Scented Candle, Guardian Golem, and Jewel of Light

Terraria's Master mode was based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds master mode, which moves enemies up a tier, for instance a red bokoblin would be replaced by a blue one, so on and so forth creating an extra challenge and barely any extra rewards, the reason there aren't any good items in master mode is because if you could take an op item into a lower tiered world, this is just a way of making a brutal difficulty without giving players 24% damage reduction. they wanted to give the best players to show their worth without good items, which shows multiple reasons why most master mode items are just gimmicky pets instead of helpful mounts are items, the somewhat useful items would be the Hexxed Branch, Toy Tank, Dark Mage's Tome, Goat Skull, The Black Spot, Pumpkin Scented Candle, Guardian Golem, and Jewel of Light
I’ve been saying since release that that’s not why master mode is lazy. It’s lazy because they could have made enemies have new abilities or do literally anything to make it more difficult for the people who had already nohit every boss multiple times. BotW’s master mode actually did that.

I’ve been saying since release that that’s not why master mode is lazy. It’s lazy because they could have made enemies have new abilities or do literally anything to make it more difficult for the people who had already nohit every boss multiple times. BotW’s master mode actually did that.
The point of master mode was for people who wanted to challenge thenselves, they didn't want to force people to play a super hard difficulty just to see new AI implemented into bosses, and if you feel like master mode is just bad that way go play Feather Worthy, that changes boss AI and is pretty cool. nut to contradict the "
It’s lazy because they could have made enemies have new abilities or do literally anything to make it more difficult for the people who had already nohit every boss multiple times. BotW’s master mode actually did that." They actually don't get new abilities. I checked the wiki and this is what changes in master mode

"In Master Mode, most enemies and bosses are powered up by one level, can detect Link's approach easier and regain health over time; however, there is a limit to their health recovery. Stronger, golden versions of enemies are also introduced. Some enemies, such as Lynels, also appear in more areas, including the Great Plateau. Enemies and Treasure Chests may also appear floating in the sky on planks being held by Sky Octoroks, usually containing strong and rare weapons such as the Royal Guard set.

There is ordinarily a mechanism preventing Link from getting killed in one hit by powerful attacks, leaving him alive with a quarter Heart instead. This protection is not present in Master Mode.

Save data for Master Mode is kept separately from Normal Mode. In contrast to Normal Mode, there is only one Autosave slot available."

no AI changes besides detecting Link and a few new enemies. they just really didn't want to force people to do master mode for new and exiting content

The point of master mode was for people who wanted to challenge thenselves, they didn't want to force people to play a super hard difficulty just to see new AI implemented into bosses, and if you feel like master mode is just bad that way go play Feather Worthy, that changes boss AI and is pretty cool.
For the worthy has some changes which are very obviously jokes and make it unsuitable for a normal playthrough. Skeletron Prime and Golem aren’t exactly skippable.
In Master Mode, most enemies and bosses are powered up by one level, can detect Link's approach easier and regain health over time; however, there is a limit to their health recovery. Stronger, golden versions of enemies are also introduced. Some enemies, such as Lynels, also appear in more areas, including the Great Plateau. Enemies and Treasure Chests may also appear floating in the sky on planks being held by Sky Octoroks, usually containing strong and rare weapons such as the Royal Guard set.

There is ordinarily a mechanism preventing Link from getting killed in one hit by powerful attacks, leaving him alive with a quarter Heart instead. This protection is not present in Master Mode
The majority of those qualify as new abilities and hazards not found in the difficulties lower than that. You don’t need to make AI changes for dynamic difficulty, especially when you realize that those changes get rid of some of the “slow” ways to play the game due to forcing the player into either using burst or constant damage. Plus I’m fairly certain higher tiers of enemies in that game get new attacks and elemental resistance that the previous tiers don’t have, the lynel’s fire attacks and teleports as well as silver enemies breaking out of ice more quickly being examples. You actually have to change your strategy in that game, while in terraria it’s still “hurr durr, grenades” “hurr durr, dart guns” “hurr durr, duke weapon” and “hurr durr, phantasm” in that order no matter what difficulty you pick, and because the enemies received literally only number changes they can’t do anything at all against those. ALL of the same strategies for expert work in master because of this.

For the worthy has some changes which are very obviously jokes and make it unsuitable for a normal playthrough. Skeletron Prime and Golem aren’t exactly skippable.

The majority of those qualify as new abilities and hazards not found in the difficulties lower than that. You don’t need to make AI changes for dynamic difficulty, especially when you realize that those changes get rid of some of the “slow” ways to play the game due to forcing the player into either using burst or constant damage. Plus I’m fairly certain higher tiers of enemies in that game get new attacks and elemental resistance that the previous tiers don’t have, the lynel’s fire attacks and teleports as well as silver enemies breaking out of ice more quickly being examples. You actually have to change your strategy in that game, while in terraria it’s still “hurr durr, grenades” “hurr durr, dart guns” “hurr durr, duke weapon” and “hurr durr, phantasm” in that order no matter what difficulty you pick, and because the enemies received literally only number changes they can’t do anything at all against those. ALL of the same strategies for expert work in master because of this.
Feather worthy is suitable for a normal playthrough. I feel like you're overreacting just a tad, sure master mode was designed in a strange way. There is strategy in Terraria, maybe it's not in the way people wanted, as you can throw grenades and stuff, but have you played class playthroughs before? I've done Melee and Ranged before and it's quite fun not using the same strategy of grenades and dart guns and duke weapons and phantasm, I always try to play the game in a unique way even if the optimal way is lame, I just feel like you're being salty about this

Feather worthy is suitable for a normal playthrough. I feel like you're overreacting just a tad, sure master mode was designed in a strange way. There is strategy in Terraria, maybe it's not in the way people wanted, as you can throw grenades and stuff, but have you played class playthroughs before? I've done Melee and Ranged before and it's quite fun not using the same strategy of grenades and dart guns and duke weapons and phantasm, I always try to play the game in a unique way even if the optimal way is lame, I just feel like you're being salty about this
Anything which breaks tiles against the player’s will can’t be healthy for the builds you’ve been working on for hours/the playthrough in general, and golem being tiny is the opposite of thematically appropriate. Master mode was about 10 lines of code and some new sprites for stuff we already had, that’s borderline inexcusable. Class playthroughs are overrated and a player limitation that the developers have been hinting at time and time again isn’t the intended way, and I’ve done every single class playthrough so many times over the years that their appeal is now lost on me. I’d rather do actually interesting challenges like Blinded (which becomes tiresome in master, but not more difficult), No damage accessories (which becomes more tiresome in master, but not more difficult), or Low Tiers Only (noticing a pattern yet? Because there is one. Master mode is defined by being more tiresome and not actually difficult. If you can nohit a boss for 2 minutes, you can do it for 3. New attacks and mechanics which don’t even have to be enemy AI related are how you fix that.)

Before you say I’m just salty, this is just how I argue. I get emphatic about the things I have strong opinions on. It’s been this way for as long as I’ve been on this forum.

Anything which breaks tiles against the player’s will can’t be healthy for the builds you’ve been working on for hours/the playthrough in general, and golem being tiny is the opposite of thematically appropriate. Master mode was about 10 lines of code and some new sprites for stuff we already had, that’s borderline inexcusable. Class playthroughs are overrated and a player limitation that the developers have been hinting at time and time again isn’t the intended way, and I’ve done every single class playthrough so many times over the years that their appeal is now lost on me. I’d rather do actually interesting challenges like Blinded (which becomes tiresome in master, but not more difficult), No damage accessories (which becomes more tiresome in master, but not more difficult), or Low Tiers Only (noticing a pattern yet? Because there is one. Master mode is defined by being more tiresome and not actually difficult. If you can nohit a boss for 2 minutes, you can do it for 3. New attacks and mechanics which don’t even have to be enemy AI related are how you fix that.)

Before you say I’m just salty, this is just how I argue. I get emphatic about the things I have strong opinions on. It’s been this way for as long as I’ve been on this forum.
Sounds like salt to me my guy. I really don't care because I adore this game and I love playing the game over and over again, I love playing class playthroughs and WHO CARES if it's not the intended way to play a class playthrough I just like playing this game for what it is, I don't need your salt getting in the way of actual fun that I get to play because I am a Veteran to this game. I don't care if there's 10 lines of code, I'll always find a way to have fun in Terraria, because I played it on the PS3 before the Vampire Knives got nerfed and I've loved playing this game with friends and doing a specific class, oh and not to mention I DONT HAVE A PC, I have spent so long trying to find a way to have tons of fun on this amazing game on the dang switch. you just find a way to complain complain complain and that's ALL YOU DO, SHUT UP if you don't like the way the devs INTENTIONALLY designed masted mode. I just like this game for what it is.

Sounds like salt to me my guy. I really don't care because I adore this game and I love playing the game over and over again, I love playing class playthroughs and WHO CARES if it's not the intended way to play a class playthrough I just like playing this game for what it is, I don't need your salt getting in the way of actual fun that I get to play because I am a Veteran to this game. I don't care if there's 10 lines of code, I'll always find a way to have fun in Terraria, because I played it on the PS3 before the Vampire Knives got nerfed and I've loved playing this game with friends and doing a specific class, oh and not to mention I DONT HAVE A PC, I have spent so long trying to find a way to have tons of fun on this amazing game on the dang switch. you just find a way to complain complain complain and that's ALL YOU DO, SHUT UP if you don't like the way the devs INTENTIONALLY designed masted mode. I just like this game for what it is.
I’m so sorry that I’ve played this game enough to acknowledge that even though it’s a god tier game it has its flaws. It, like everything else in this world, has both good and bad parts to it, and I'm not going to let my love of this game blind me to that. It's been a significant part of my life since before the mechs were even added, so I'm not about to say that it's a bad game. It’s also amusing you think that’s “all I do” because I actually praised the devs when they added the Torch God as an alternative to negative torch luck, and I have made several (24) suggestions to the developers, barely any of which were negative, and some of which even got into the game.

The reason I complain so much about master mode is because it's baffling and heartbreaking how the same developers who delivered the masterpieces of Journey mode and a game which can actually reward you for hybridizing with classes, (and even noticed that the throwing class already shared it's primary gimmick (limited uses per weapon) with Ranger, and merged them accordingly) even allowed such a poorly executed and unfinished side mode into their game.

I still play through this game often. I just have done it so many times that class playthroughs lost their appeal a long time ago. After figuring out that the strongest class in the game isn't even a "pure" class, it felt like I was limiting myself in the worst way possible: by limiting my creativity.

Last edited:
It really comes down to what would make the class different instead of "does it have enough weapons and are they good?", which is what most people think of when they hear "expansion/improvement". Don't know why, though, since that's a very shallow mentality that rarely does anything.

The items (armor sets and weapon mechanics coupled with damage type) are literally what makes the classes in OG terraria so it's actually no wonder at all.

What characterizes throwing at the moment: lots of the class' weapons have a limited number of uses, no lategame, average range and speed (contrary to bullets), lack of choice (close tier weapons that fulfill different roles).
Not only that they take a while to farm and are hard to farm at the moment of their usefulness. The weapons required to survive in the desert to farm the fossiles are way past the actual throwing weapons usefulness. More or less the same applies to the items in the desert chests, sadly. It's doable, but on master it can be annoying to die over and over to get your hands on things for your run that you don't wanna get later because they'd be useless later. So most of ranged items in pre harmode, where it's their only frame of viability, are skippable.

This needed to be expended upon and it didn't. A lot of people tried to fix it with mods... but I'm way too picky with mods, I never tried any, not because I wouldn't enjoy them, but because I get very annoyed at every single thing I dislike. Also can't bother figuring out how to play with mods. I want to keep the experience as close to original terraria while still improving it.

Back
Top Bottom