Items Thundering Cloud Summon or Mount

Nakano15

Terrarian
The Thundering Cloud is as it says, It's a cloud that shots thunder that are near it, It can either be a summon or a mount.
It's thunders inflicts high damage at the enemy affected by it, but shots quite in a low frequency, and due to that, as a summon, It cannot be invoked more than one, even more since the summon ideally is big, It would function quite like the Sentry Summons (like the spider queen, basilisk and etc), but this summon actually would be able to move above the enemies to shot thunders at them, when there is no enemy nearby, It flies above the player, looking for the next victim.

If you dislike the idea of it being a summon, it could be a mount aswell, using it as mount would work quite like the UFO mount, but It will only shot thunder at the enemies if they are under it.

Or it just could be both, being that both the summon and the mount shouldn't be useable together (unless the player has two or more of that item, but one is equipped and the other in the inventory).

It could also have a rain effect, maybe decorative, maybe to hurt enemies, or heal the player.

The idea of who drop it, would be to be dropable on Hardmode, either the Angry Nimbus could drop it at a rare chance, either crafted using the Nimbus Rod as one of the ingredients, or just by being a rare drop from the monsters in the sky.

Well, here's the thing. If it's a mount as you described, it is better than the cosmic car key.
Due to being somewhat easier to find than the Cosmic Car Key, I believe It's going to be somewhat slower than the Ufo Mount, or maybe have low speed vertically, but due to the fact that it attacks aswell, makes the mount good to use aswell.
It's a good idea, yes, but you need to specify the speed of the mount, as well as the damage it would do.
Other than that, I don't see much wrong with this.
Since It can be acquired right after entering Hardmode, It should be slower than the Ufo Mount, (or just have slower vertical speed), and as I said on the thread topic, It would deal high damage per bolt shot, but the rate it shots bolts is way lower, compared to the Ufo summon.

Back
Top Bottom