PC Tier List: Early- to Mid-Hardmode Weapons

I find the nimbus rod better and more long-lasting than most weapons of the same tier.
Also, many who thinks the repeaters where worse than drop bows like the marrow
doesn't realize that holy arrows and ichor arrows exist.
Meteor staff:this thing can deal 1000 dps with just basic gear, so should be at least b+
Also, breaker blade should be below frostbrand.

Last edited:
I find the nimbus rod better and more long-lasting than most weapons of the same tier.
Also, many who thinks the repeaters where worse than drop bows like the marrow
doesn't realize that holy arrows and ichor arrows exist.
Meteor staff:this thing can deal 1000 dps with just basic gear, so should be at least b+
Also, breaker blade should be below frostbrand.
Will mark those. Actually, I'll also second you with the Nimbus Rod and move it up a lot - there's really no reason not to be carrying it, even if you're not a mage.

For the meteor staff, it's down there because of its high mana cost, which kind of limits its effectiveness when bossing. It also doesn't work well underground, which is a lot of early Hardmode stuff.

Breaker Blade is up as high as it is because, even if it's not great at killing, it can keep a solid number of enemies at bay as you try to get something better. It's saved my sorry self a few times (although it's still garbage at damage, don't get me wrong!)

How is the Breaker Blade higher than the Laser Rifle? The Laser Rifle boasts a decent starting DPS for Hardmode and decent crowd control with the piercing effect. It's almost like an upgraded Space Gun. The Breaker Blade, on the other hand, is slow and doesn't have autoswing. It has high knockback, but the slow speed makes it almost useless for crowd control and general DPS. I'd say bumping down the Breaker Blade to the level of the Laser Rifle or somewhat below it would be reasonable. Even if the Breaker Blade can keep a few enemies at bay, many other weapons at the time can do the job much better.

How is the Breaker Blade higher than the Laser Rifle? The Laser Rifle boasts a decent starting DPS for Hardmode and decent crowd control with the piercing effect. It's almost like an upgraded Space Gun. The Breaker Blade, on the other hand, is slow and doesn't have autoswing. It has high knockback, but the slow speed makes it almost useless for crowd control and general DPS. I'd say bumping down the Breaker Blade to the level of the Laser Rifle or somewhat below it would be reasonable. Even if the Breaker Blade can keep a few enemies at bay, many other weapons at the time can do the job much better.
Fair enough, I'll back that up. Laser Rifle isn't all that high because it just isn't as powerful as the Space Gun, mostly because of the jump in enemies' defense, but it's certainly worthwhile as DPS.

With 1.4 having been out for almost a month now, I'm able to put the first weapons up here and start to re-rank the ones that have been changed. I do apologize for my long period of inactivity, but that's how life be sometimes.

Note that I haven't acquired all, or maybe even most, of the weapons included in the update, so I find myself unable to rank them properly. For those I have used, I'll do my best to place them, but I will include an asterisk (*) that they are new/heavily modified and as such bear reevaluation. For those I feel unable to rank, I will place them at the bottom of the post, effectively flagging them for review.

Community input is crucial to the success of this project, and I would very much appreciate your input.

Right now, for this thread in particular, the weapons that still need placing are:
Hallowed_Jousting_Lance.png
Hallowed Jousting Lance
Jousting_Lance.png
Jousting Lance
Orange_Zapinator.png
Orange Zapinator
Sergeant_United_Shield.png
Sergeant United Shield
Super_Star_Shooter.png
Super Star Shooter

Back
Top Bottom