PC Tier List: Early- to Mid-Hardmode Weapons

More worried about the Ogre drops than anything, since they fit here best. However, you're right, it might be valuable to tier the turrets as well (at least the ones available to us in the early-to-mid-hardmode area). Any recommendations?

Unfortunately, not yet... I've yet to do any DD2 stuff in hardmode, keep getting bored/distracted in mid-playthrough to actually test them.

So I've done some playing around with the DD2 weapons, and here's my initial recommendations (not real happy with them as a whole).

Ghastly_Glaive.png

Ghastly Glaive: B

Sleepy_Octopod.png

Sleepy Octopod: B-

Brand_of_the_Inferno.png

Brand of the Inferno: B

Phantom_Phoenix.png

Phantom Phoenix: C+
Haven't tried the Tome of Infinite Wisdom yet.

Yeah, a lot of different systems will either use S or maybe "Platinum" that goes above "A++" because you know, there's always gotta be that exaggeration factor... "This is the bestest thing ever, it would be a CRIME to simply call it A or A+!"

The colin gun Should be in A, it may be hard to get but with silver colins it can kill twins pre-mech gear easy

Stormbow should be S rank
It was already explained in the first page:
Holy arrows for life, yo. I used the Stormbow with 'em to eat the Destroyer alive, plus the Shotbow for Plantera on the grounds that some arrows would be wasted in the cavern ceiling. I only ranked the Stormbow that low because it's situational in regards to underground combat, which can make up a lot of early Hardmode as one searches for mimic loot, souls, evil crafting materials, etc.

Where are DD2 weapons? Maybe they are not the best but some of them are very useful (for example tome of infinite wisdom, its tornado attack is amazing)

I think the deadalus stormbow could be bumped up. used correctly it can be so useful, for example I can use it to be the Golem in less than 2 minutes without even having to move around

I think the deadalus stormbow could be bumped up. used correctly it can be so useful, for example I can use it to be the Golem in less than 2 minutes without even having to move around

I think it's mainly the sheer amount of work you have to go through to make it useable underground, and how there's only a few bosses that it's even useful for because of that fact, that it's lower on the list. That, and a lot of players will simply not use it because it is just entirely overpowered for the few bosses it can work good against, lol.

I mean, i know the crystal serpent is hard to get, but B-? Seems more of an A tier to me.

Eh, I tried the crystal serpent myself a bit, it didn't seem that overly powerful. Not that hard to get, no, but yet it just.. seemed a little underwhelming compared to the other two fishing weapons.

The Bladetongue is a ridiculously powerful sword. Close range, but it rips stuff apart in early to mid hardmode. The Toxikarp is surprisingly powerful despite its very limited range, the fact it's an infinitely auto-fire weapon that does ranged damage with no ammo or Mana cost makes it ridiculously awesome.

The Crystal Serpent, however.... it does use mana, and its damage is OK but nothing to write home about.

I think B- is fair, maybe B neutral at best.

3/5 on accessibility on the Old One's army tier 3 seems way to high. The event is extremely hard especially before fighting the pillars and you have do it a few iimes to get all the weapons. It should be 2/5. Not sure about A tier on Betsy's wrath either, it should be B+ due to the low damage

Updated as per your recommendations, and images fixed. I'm also thinking about a complete redo of this thread - a lot of the decisions re the products of my own inexperience.

Back
Top Bottom