tModLoader Tile Picker

SeaGulll

Skeletron
Tile Picker
v1.1.4 for tModLoader v0.11.6.2

ABOUT
This mod adds hotkeys for picking tiles and walls.

Hotkeys:
-Pickup Tile(Defaults to "F")
If you have the block already in your inventory, changes your selected item like Auto Select while pressing the key.

-Pickup Wall(Defaults to "G")
If you have the wall already in your inventory, changes your selected item like Auto Select while pressing the key.

-Smart Pickup(Defaults to Mouse3)
Check whether you have the block already in your inventory and if you have, behaves like "Pickup Tile".
If not, behaves like "Pickup Wall".

RELEASE NOTES
v1.0.0
Released.

v1.1.0
Add "Picking Wall" key.

v1.1.1
Fix for different tiles with the same TileID(such as Chest and Gold Chest) being not distinguished.

v1.1.3
Fix for a wall not being selected when it's behind a tile you don't have.
Some code improvements.

v1.1.4
Add "Smart Pickup" key.
"Picking Tile / Wall" keys renamed.
"Picking Tile / Wall" keys' default keys changed.
(I said "v1.1.3" in the mod's description, which is my mistake. I'm really sorry)

All versions of this mod are available on Github.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "use an item for the tile?"

Can you give an example of what his mod can be useful for? What couldn't we do in the past that we can now do, thanks to this mod? I just want to understand it a little better. (I also don't have Terraria in front of me to test it out. .. ... .. or installed at all.)

What do you mean by "use an item for the tile?"

Can you give an example of what his mod can be useful for? What couldn't we do in the past that we can now do, thanks to this mod? I just want to understand it a little better. (I also don't have Terraria in front of me to test it out. .. ... .. or installed at all.)
Please excuse my lack of explanation, it's something like "Pick Color Tool" in MS Paint.

Here is how it works: twitter.com/kamome1217/status/1195266312143982592

Would you correct my expression if it's OK?

Last edited:
Oh, that's really cool! So... please correct me if I'm wrong - I'll try and rephrase it according to what I see and might understand. Here I go:

What this mod does is allow you to select a block using a hotkey. If you have the block already in your inventory, it gets moved from your inventory into the last slot of your inventory. (Or is it just whatever slot you have selected?)

Is that accurate?

How does it work in terms of your inventory? Where will it move things around inside of your inventory when you select something.

Better yet, could it play a little sound if you don't have that block in your inventory when you select it from the world?

What this mod does is allow you to select a block using a hotkey. If you have the block already in your inventory, it gets moved from your inventory into the last slot of your inventory. (Or is it just whatever slot you have selected?)
Thank you so much, it's almost accurate!

To be precise, this mod doesn't affect your inventory, but changes your "selected" item like Auto Select(For example, using your pickaxe with the hotkey doesn't affect your inventory, right?)
Better yet, could it play a little sound if you don't have that block in your inventory when you select it from the world?
It sounds nice, I'll do it in the next update:)

Back
Top Bottom