Items Time-Based Weapon

Toadoot

Terrarian
This weapon idea sounds complicated, and truth be told, may be exactly this, but not necessarily bad. The weapon would be affected by the time of the day, and possibly by the moon phase, like fishing.

Its stats would jumble up/change, boosting or lowering range, size, damage, mana usage, accuracy, firing rate and velocity, of course in a way so it's not objectively weak at one time compared to other.

My interpretation of this would be a spell, as you could tell from the mention of mana usage. I think this would be a brilliant weapon for strategizers, and at an appropriate time, a good one for just about anyone.

Prefer high-velocity projectiles that fire rapidly in exchange for damage? Sure, its time will come. Prefer slower tanks instead? Wait for a while.

Of course, the actual waiting part would be tedious, but I think this is an ok concept regardless. After all, it's not unplayable when it's not in your preferred state.

Definitely not an idea I’ve heard before, but quite gimmicky. The problem is that we often schedule our activities based on in-game time. This means that certain interactions that must occur at night (mech bosses) or day (solar eclipse) can never happen, and I don’t like that. It makes me feel like there are too many things outside of my control.

The idea to instead base it on moon phase is much better IMO. The moon phase lasts a whole day, and you only need to come up with five effects.

Definitely not an idea I’ve heard before, but quite gimmicky. The problem is that we often schedule our activities based on in-game time. This means that certain interactions that must occur at night (mech bosses) or day (solar eclipse) can never happen, and I don’t like that. It makes me feel like there are too many things outside of my control.

The idea to instead base it on moon phase is much better IMO. The moon phase lasts a whole day, and you only need to come up with five effects.

I agree with the moon phase-based type being more appealing after giving it 5 seconds of thought.
Meanwhile activities may block this weapon's subjectively preferred states at times, it shouldn't be a big deal- You only use it to fight, and your skill is the only difference. Fighting is a large portion of the game, though, of course.

To distinguish its current stats, the projectiles could change color (sort of like how the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles work). You could just go along and test it, but the gimmick wouldn't be as engaging (imo anyways-)

Back
Top Bottom