Items Time Shift Disc

What do you think? Also choose which sprite you like better.

• Total voters
Hello, Derpo here with another time related suggestion. Although this one is far better than my time machine suggestion.

Time Shift Disk
v1
TimeShift stone v1 bigger.png
TimeShift stone v1.png

v2
TimeShift stone v2 bigger.png
TimeShift stone v2.png

Crafting:
Copper_Watch.png
/
Tin_Watch.png
x1
Silver_Watch.png
/
Tungsten_Watch.png
x1
Gold_Watch.png
/
Platinum_Watch.png
x1
Daybloom.png
x1
Moonglow.png
x1

Now, to explain what Time Shift stones do. They allow you to skip the day/night (depending on when you use them). When used during the day, time greatly accelerates and then resumes once night time is reached, and vice versa for when you use it at night. I bet you're already writing up about how over powered this is, well hold on. It cannot be used during an event/boss fight. And it has a 1 day cooldown ater use.

You're probably asking yourself, "what is the point of this if you can't skip blood moons or eclipses?" Well, I often find (mostly during adventure maps) that waiting for night to come so I can fight a boss is extremely boring...so this can be used to speed up that process. It can also be used as a way to speed up the process of angler quests.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
wait... that pretty expensive for a consumable item, it takes over thirty bars to make. it might also require a separate recipe for every combination of watches, meaning 8 different crafting recipies for one item. I like the idea, but it needs a different recipe or other method to obtain it.

I don't think it should be a 1 time use though.. Maybe 2 uses every 1-ingame day cooldown? It's a good suggestion though. Support!

Edit1:I suggest the crafting recipe be any two types of watches, maybe each one of them can't be the same material?

Edit2: Maybe a time shift stone variant where time goes slower, and it also works in events/boss fights. Beneficial for the ones who have trouble defeating bosses in time or wanting to get loot from events (pumpkin,frost)

I don't think it should be a 1 time use though.. Maybe 2 uses every 1-ingame day cooldown? It's a good suggestion though. Support!

Edit1:I suggest the crafting recipe be any two types of watches, maybe each one of them can't be the same material?

Edit2: Maybe a time shift stone variant where time goes slower, and it also works in events/boss fights. Beneficial for the ones who have trouble defeating bosses in time or wanting to get loot from events (pumpkin,frost)
That was my original thought. But I decided against it. Two types of watches would probably work better, I don't know. As for your second edit, an item like this has been suggested a few times before, so I thought it unnecessary to suggest it again.

Youre right; i was about to write how OP it was when i saw the function. But then i saw the recipe and the "catch". As a matter of fact it makes it way too UP. Either make it less expensive to craft or change its use mechanics- right now, i really dont want to spend all those watches on ONE daylight shift.

i love the general concept behind this, but i firmly agree with everyone else regarding the crafting formula and the fact it is a 1 time use item.

just a random thought, maybe 1 of any pocket watch rather than 1 of each stage of pocket watch if it is going to be a consumable item. alternatively, it could have a cooldown timer that makes it usable once every "full day" or every other "full day". since each game day is what...24 minutes, that isn't a bad cooldown considering what it actually does.

Hell yes! :happy:

I hate waiting for night to come when I'm playing an adventure map, so I can get to the next area! It's boring! Even if I close Terraria, time stops altogether! So I have to leave Terraria running, not windowed!

Full F**king Support!

This is something I have wanted to see for a long time.

Nice job Derpo! You truly are magnificent! ;)

Looks very good, But maybe incorporate souls of light/night into so you cant get it so early on.

Back
Top Bottom