Time to Get Your Wiring On - Terraria 1.3.1 Update Launches Today on Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenge accepted....and excecuted (albeit a bit blurry, and very poor quality, but you'll get the jist of it).
This is my inventory opened in the hallow while being attacked and using my shadowflame knife, which is an autofire weapon.
As you can see, anything touched disappears. Nothing in the trash.
And i neglected show to in the video, but there was nothing dropped on the ground when i closed the inventory.

Hey sorry for the delayed response (blame it on the Holidays) - but I was finally able to get this to occur on my devkit and added that info to the ticket. From that tracking, I can see that PWQA have been prodding into the issue over the break as well. Will see what updates they have for me on calls this week. Stay tuned!

I play the Japanese version.
Now there is a very serious problem: as long as the large map reaches the edge of the ocean on the east side, the game will crash. This is true of any large map. Strangely, the small map does not have this problem.
And after the switch error prompt, when I turned off the game, I seemed to see a white object that looked very much like Ice Queen.

I play the Japanese version.
Now there is a very serious problem: as long as the large map reaches the edge of the ocean on the east side, the game will crash. This is true of any large map. Strangely, the small map does not have this problem.
And after the switch error prompt, when I turned off the game, I seemed to see a white object that looked very much like Ice Queen.

Was finally able to nail down the reproduction steps on this for Pipeworks and have ticketed it to them for fixing.

FOR NOW, anyone nearing the edge of their right side/east ocean on a large world should just zoom all the way out when there. Zooming out appears to not trigger the crash. Anything default or closer will trigger it.

Was finally able to nail down the reproduction steps on this for Pipeworks and have ticketed it to them for fixing.

FOR NOW, anyone nearing the edge of their right side/east ocean on a large world should just zoom all the way out when there. Zooming out appears to not trigger the crash. Anything default or closer will trigger it.

Thank you! :) I even deleted the game and re-download it to see if it would continue and it did. Now that I know zooming out will fix it, but the "NPC" Angler seems to be tide with the bug, as with each crash you have to re-interact with the "NPC" and never moves into an available housing. I've written a report, but just wanted to add that in!

Thank you! :) I even deleted the game and re-download it to see if it would continue and it did. Now that I know zooming out will fix it, but the "NPC" Angler seems to be tide with the bug, as with each crash you have to re-interact with the "NPC" and never moves into an available housing. I've written a report, but just wanted to add that in!

So if you talk to the Angler even when zoomed out, you are crashing? That would be a different issue, and one I should flag as well if so.

I did not experience that in my devkit plays (though I was able to personally confirm the edge crash - I never saw it b/c i play zoomed out all the time... and typically on medium worlds, though I do have large worlds to check).

So if you talk to the Angler even when zoomed out, you are crashing? That would be a different issue, and one I should flag as well if so.

I did not experience that in my devkit plays (though I was able to personally confirm the edge crash - I never saw it b/c i play zoomed out all the time... and typically on medium worlds, though I do have large worlds to check).
(I'm Sorry for the long reply) Wanted to point out some other things I noticed. (I'll just put a grave near the door and let the message read "Died by slamming the door")

Yes, while I'm still zoomed out it was still crashing, as the Angler would seem to be right back where he was once, but it seems like it doesn't happen all the time. I ended up resetting the game after re-installing it (just finished while I'm replying to you). Since the edge crash is where the Angler always rests, probably gave me some issues, but it would seem just re-setting the game (which took roughly 3 to 4 times) till he finally moved into a housing.

I'm also noticing strange text glitches constantly changing, but it only happens while hovering over the item in inventory or chests for a couple seconds.

Sometimes with the items that can be equipped in "Social Accessories" sometimes permanently be invisible ( I know you can choose to make them that way for purposes) but it happened with my wings and capes, so far other items seem fine. Or maybe i'm doing something wrong there but it seems it spreads to the next slot. My cape can be visible on the "Social Accessory" top slot, while wings are equipped and not visible on character (besides the cape), but eventually it just goes invisible. Then I have to move it a slot down then it would appear again, but then it repeats. (I'm probably doing something wrong) but now the only slots that makes the capes appear is the three bottom ones.

They should upgrade the Nebula, Vortex and Stardust armor with more defence, I know that they have set abilities and that but I'm more of a defence person then an ability

Hello, I am from China. My wife and I have purchased the switch version of Terraria. We encountered many bugs. Here I use Google Translate to communicate.

The major bugs we encountered were these:
1: large world, normal mode, I build more and more buildings on our base side, there are dozens of boxes, the boxes are full of props, and suddenly one day, my wife's characters can no longer enter me This world, the specific form of expression: She enters the world, and then I show here that she automatically left. No matter what method we use, she can never enter this world, but the other new worlds are fine, so this is not a network problem . My other friend who plays Terraria, in another city, he can enter the large world I have built, but he cannot see a lot of materials, and some boxes appear in the sky out of thin air. In other words, he can enter this world, but he cannot see what the world really looks like. This bug has troubled my wife and me for a long time because we have fun playing together, which seriously affects our gaming experience.

2: In any world, there is a high probability of crashes in the late game. I don't know if it is related to the particle effect of the weapon. I even think that in the late game, except for the death scythe, other weapons may cause crashes. This bug affects the gaming experience even more than the first one.

3: I just created a big world in the expert mode just now. I started to put blocks and dozens of treasure chests. During the placement process, the software reported an error. Then the world can no longer enter. Can't get in.

I hope that the administrator will respond and then advise on the solutions to these problems, thank you.

Hello, I am from China. My wife and I have purchased the switch version of Terraria. We encountered many bugs. Here I use Google Translate to communicate.

The major bugs we encountered were these:
1: large world, normal mode, I build more and more buildings on our base side, there are dozens of boxes, the boxes are full of props, and suddenly one day, my wife's characters can no longer enter me This world, the specific form of expression: She enters the world, and then I show here that she automatically left. No matter what method we use, she can never enter this world, but the other new worlds are fine, so this is not a network problem . My other friend who plays Terraria, in another city, he can enter the large world I have built, but he cannot see a lot of materials, and some boxes appear in the sky out of thin air. In other words, he can enter this world, but he cannot see what the world really looks like. This bug has troubled my wife and me for a long time because we have fun playing together, which seriously affects our gaming experience.

2: In any world, there is a high probability of crashes in the late game. I don't know if it is related to the particle effect of the weapon. I even think that in the late game, except for the death scythe, other weapons may cause crashes. This bug affects the gaming experience even more than the first one.

3: I just created a big world in the expert mode just now. I started to put blocks and dozens of treasure chests. During the placement process, the software reported an error. Then the world can no longer enter. Can't get in.

I hope that the administrator will respond and then advise on the solutions to these problems, thank you.

I am sorry for what happened. My game slows down on a big world so I just made a small world and have slowly transferred everything from the big world to the small world. The only thing I left is the buildings.

after this update my game crashes every time I’m fighting the celestial pillars, this causes my progress to reset and I have to start all over.
When I fight I use the star wrath, it may be helpful to know.

after this update my game crashes every time I’m fighting the celestial pillars, this causes my progress to reset and I have to start all over.
When I fight I use the star wrath, it may be helpful to know.

This seems to be related to particle overload - I have absolutely flagged this to PW for addressing.

Alright, I'll wait for Local Multiplayer longer then. Was the main feature I hoped to play with... with my friend at school. I guess I shouldn't hope for local multiplayer before June 2020, right ? (June 2020 is the last month of school... in Canada atleast)
In the US may is the last month

Guide seems to be broken (potential fix in 2nd edit below) - can't switch to place the material in the box to see what it's used in creating. Tried this in a post update world too, same result.
He wasn't working very well before the update either, it doesn't/didn't always show all the items required unless I swapped in other items for the same recipe, and didn't always let me scroll across to see what the items were called even when it did show their images.

Edit - same for Goblin Tinkerer, except I can take an item down to his slot with the analogue stick. He also seems to think I have 999 of every coin type in savings when an item is placed for reforging, takes money as normal, no money exploit from it... So far.

Edit - Possible Fix - I don't know exactly what I've done to fix(ish) this, but if I have to guess, it was from playing with my custom button setup. Potentially resetting L and R for cycling or assigning L and R to something else then reassigning them to cycle again...
Guide seems to work as before again now, Goblin Tinkerer won't cycle right though when on the item slot for reforging an item.
The other issue with the Guide persists though, it still doesn't always show all items required or allow me to scroll through all the items needed in a recipe.

I hope I don't find to much broken from this update, I've been playing this game on and off long enough to know how bad things can get with new updates.
This is happening to me as well

I
I've directly shared your post into PW for their take and to see if they can find those bug reports.

I have not personally had issues with any of that (except the stuttering...) on my personal switch or my devkit and nor have my kids. That said, this just means it is not universal and there is some trigger here that we need to identify.

For this "crash location", can you provide any details on it? A screenshot or even a zoomed in map shot? Sometimes its crazy stuff that causes these things (looks at the firefly crash from mobile back in the days)....

I just checked my kit and I was able to Reforge and use the Guide Crafting Interface fine. What precisely is occurring?

What are the reproduction steps for this item deletion issue? I have not had that happen to me on either of my switches... but maybe I am not doing the exact things to have it happen. Obviously that is serious.

Stuttering is known to PW, that much I can 100% promise you. We bring it up as well.

All I can promise is that 100% will make sure this is seen and see what's up.
if you miss one of the inventory slots while moving items (with finger) then the item is deleted (I have lost weeks of progress because of this please fix this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom