NPCs & Enemies Time Traveller (NPC)

rongwroot2

Terrarian
The Time Traveller is an NPC mostly based on the far future

They would appear as a pure white four-armed insectoid, with leaves on their back and a horn

On living preferences:
  • They love the Cyborg
  • They like the Mechanic and the desert
  • They dislike the Witch Doctor and the ocean
  • They hate the Angler
  • The Truffle likes them
  • The Angler and Witch Doctor dislike them
They would first spawn after all three mechanical bosses have been killed

If threatened, they attack with a flail-like tongue attack, that drains life from the enemy and heals the Time Traveller. They have a chance of dropping this weapon on death. In addition to the usual ways of hurting them, they also take damage (through the 'dissolving' debuff described later) while in/on water, ice, snow, slush, or mud

They sell various items:
  • The return warp is a large furniture with a unique feature. When used, they present a menu that allows you to return to the point when the return warp was placed, resetting the world to this point. The warp is destroyed in the process. The warp does not affect your items, allowing you to obtain any item over and over, provided you pay for the return warps
  • The desert symbiont is an accessory that increases defence and damage by 20% while in the desert, at the cost of subjecting you to the 'dissolving' debuff. This debuff. This debuff causes the player to appear tinted blue and lose 10 health a second if in water, or 5 health a second if it's from blocks or you're standing on water. The desert symbiont can be combined with the frog webbing at the tinkerer's workshop to make the symbiotic webbing, which combines the effects, and increases the player's speed by 20% while in the desert
  • Storm-Pods are critters that are only availible through purchase. They resemble winged seed-pods, and can fly. They often land, and if they land on sand in a place suitable for growth, they will become a sapling (otherwise they take off again). This sapling will grow into a bugtree. This is a small tree, 3 blocks wide and 4 blocks tall, that resembles a fat white maggot with a beak and white leaves on top. These can be cut down for bugwood, a pale-green wood variant, and more storm-pods

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Just one question: Why "They"? Is the time traveller male or female? It can't be they. It's one person, not two or more.

Just one question: Why "They"? Is the time traveller male or female? It can't be they. It's one person, not two or more.
Because not everyone needs to have a specified gender? Anyone can be referred to as they, especially if their gender isn't male/female.

They sell various items,
if you wanna pitch a npc idea... what are these various items
i love the return warp idea, it would let me build things and be sure that if they ruin my build i can just undo and that would make planning builds so much less stressful

Because not everyone needs to have a specified gender? Anyone can be referred to as they, especially if their gender isn't male/female.
Then @rongwroot2 shoud have said "he/she" if he doesn't know the gender of the NPC. We say "They" when we refer to more than one person, not a non-specified-gender person, is that ok to you? And one more thing: the NPC needs to have a gender, it doesn't matter if he/she is from the LGBT group.

Then @rongwroot2 shoud have said "he/she" if he doesn't know the gender of the NPC. We say "They" when we refer to more than one person, not a non-specified-gender person, is that ok to you? And one more thing: the NPC needs to have a gender, it doesn't matter if he/she is from the LGBT group.
  1. Singular 'they' predates Modern English
  2. I don't think the gender doesn't really matter; a time-travelling beetle-man isn't much different from a time-travelling beetle-woman

1. Singular 'they' predates Modern English
  2. I don't think the gender doesn't really matter; a time-travelling beetle-man isn't much different from a time-travelling beetle-woman
1. What does it have to do with Modern English or old english? It always meant more than one.
2. Yes, the gender doesn't matter. And you didn't say previously that he, or she was a beetle.

Oh yeah? Tell me one example of that in old English.
  • "Hastely hiȝed eche wiȝt..til þei neyȝþed so neiȝh..þere william & his worþi lef were liand i-fere"
  • "Eche on in þer craft ys wijs"
  • "And whoso fyndeth hym out of swich blame, They wol come up..."
  • "Eche of theym sholde ... make theymselfe redy"
All four of of these were found on the wikipedia page for singular they

• "Hastely hiȝed eche wiȝt..til þei neyȝþed so neiȝh..þere william & his worþi lef were liand i-fere"
  • "Eche on in þer craft ys wijs"
  • "And whoso fyndeth hym out of swich blame, They wol come up..."
  • "Eche of theym sholde ... make theymselfe redy"
All four of of these were found on the wikipedia page for singular they
Ok then.

Back
Top Bottom