tModLoader Timer Class (mod idea)

JAAM TheArtist

Terrarian

Timer Class

Disclaimer: Idk if someone else ever gave an idea similar to this one, I swear for my mother that I thought about this idea when I was thinking "What could be a cool Terraria modded class?"

Epic Timer.png

What's the Timer Class?

Is an idea that I though about a class that stops time.

How it would work?

The weapons that you have can stop time and you deal damage to enemies and bosses while the time is stopped;
The duration of the time being frozen will depends of your weapon's damage, your armor's set bonus and accessories.

What's the Catch?

It has a cool-down like the Rod of Discord so you can't spam the same weapon or use different weapons of this class, the cool-down will be longer or shorter depending of the weapon's damage.
Also if the time is frozen you can't use any other weapon that isn't a Time weapon.

What could the Time weapons be?

Things related to time and how we read time, for example:

- Sand Clock: send sand tornadoes.
- Hypnotist Clock: moves like a long 1.4 flail that damages and confuses enemies.
- Pocket Sundial: shot's a sun ray.
- A Pendulum: a looong sword.
- The Emerald: An emerald that shoots deadly chaos rays.
- The Star Wand: A wand that spawns homing stars.
- Elemental watches: watches that are made with certain bars that you get in different points of progression and in the end you can combine in a final watch.
- The Timer: a weapon that you have since the start and you can upgrade it in certain points of progression.
- Etc...

What could the accessories be?

The accessories could be things like:

- The Alarm: Reduces the cool-down a 15%.
- The Eye Collar: A collar with a green eye that gives you a 10% more damages.
- Mayan's Calendar: You can dash and releases stars on hit.
- Red Thunder Boots: Boot's that let you run 34 mph and a chance to shadow dodge.
- Black hole's Ring: Your projectiles have a dark aura around that gives you 15 armor penetration.
- Cat's Collar: It spawn's Schrödinger's cat that follows you and has a 50% chance of resurrecting you with a 9th of your total health.
- The Calculator: "A calculator that divides by zero." that you can upgrade to a "Scientific calculator", the normal gives you a 10% chance to have a 50% defense increase when you get hit but with a 40s cool-down, the Scientific one is the same but instead of 10% is 15% and instead of 40s is 20s.
- Etc...

What could the Timer Armor Sets be?

- Ancient Ropes Set
- Big Ben Set
- Mayan Set
- Afterlife Set
- Dark Sorcerer Set
- Physicist Set
- Interstellar Set
- The Moon Set (the mask changes according to the moon phases in the game)

What about Mounts?

- Phone Booth: Doesn't move but teleport's up, down, left or right.
- Auto de Lorean: A car that was from some Lorean dude that leaves fire behind and moves really fast.
- The Road Roller: a big road roller perfect to ram into enemies.

(if you know you know)

Bosses?

I have 8 bosses Ideas

(Pre-hardmode)

- The Unfrozen Caveman (is exactly what it sounds)
- Mother Meteor (a floating Meteor that shoots fire)
- The Jungle witch (again exactly what it sounds)

(Hardmode)

- Dark Star (A black star that shoots white rays)
- Arnold (a robot from the future)
- The Inmortal Witch (the return of the witch but stronger)
- The Phoenix (a deadly bird locked on hell)

(Post-Moon Lord)

-The Paradox (it's you but from another dimension)

CONCLUSION: So yeah that's my idea, if someone that knows how to do coding and/or pixel art likes is interested in using pls contact me, I right now don't have money (3rd world country gang) so that's why I wanted to publicly share it and I honestly think it could be really cool concept.[/JUSTIFY]

Last edited:
That would be nice, I wish I knew someone that knows mod coding cause then I could just be the director, writer and art director.
I know what you mean. I really want to create a Terraria mod, I have the creativity and the art skills, but no experience in coding (at least with Terraria, I know a bit of HTML).
So, does that mean I could sprite some things or not?

I know what you mean. I really want to create a Terraria mod, I have the creativity and the art skills, but no experience in coding (at least with Terraria, I know a bit of HTML).
So, does that mean I could sprite some things or
If you want to do it you can do it.

Heeey that looks great, yeah I hope your art get're more known.
Thank you, but I'm fine with having my art being unknown to most people, haha.
Also, I drew a phase two of the boss because it looked similar to the Eye of Cthulhu (I'm not sure if you intended a phase two for the boss or not, but drew it anyways).
Mother Meteor (phase two).png

(Also, GIFs in the pixel art program that I use aren't transparent, but PNGs are. I'm pretty sure only PNGs can be transparent.)

Thank you, but I'm fine with having my art being unknown to most people, haha.
Also, I drew a phase two of the boss because it looked similar to the Eye of Cthulhu (I'm not sure if you intended a phase two for the boss or not, but drew it anyways).
View attachment 354526
(Also, GIFs in the pixel art program that I use aren't transparent, but PNGs are. I'm pretty sure only PNGs can be transparent.)
Yeah the phase 2 could be a more broken and brighter lava type of look.

Back
Top Bottom