Timers timing timers from time to time

Hi!

• Hello!

• I like potatoes... ._.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im currently building a minigame wich uses timers. However the 5 second timers are not long enough. I have seen a setup in one of zerogravitas videos where he had a timer activating the next timer and deactivating the previous one. This went around in an endless loop. Does anyone know how to build one of these? Please let me know.

Easy.
You can just chain them together like so.

Normal View
60 Sec Timer_Normal_View.png

Wire View
60 Sec Timer_Wire_View.png

You can use AND gates or OR gates for this is doesn't matter. But this setup will make it so the timers don't turn other timers on/off. And you can just loop them at the end.

This thread, from the second page of this very forum, will give you all the information you need.

Thanks for the info! Ill check it out right away!
[doublepost=1500413670,1500413598][/doublepost]
Easy.
You can just chain them together like so.

Normal View
View attachment 176725

Wire View
View attachment 176726

You can use AND gates or OR gates for this is doesn't matter. But this setup will make it so the timers don't turn other timers on/off. And you can just loop them at the end.

Thanks for the design. I will build it as soon as possible.

What I did when I was really new to wiring is I used dart traps and teal pressure pads to make a custom time. I believe the dart is 45tiles/s and they fly for 1 minute. This is a little better because you can have a timing down to 1/45th of a second. Also, if you use bubbles to hold water or honey, the dart moves at half speed in water and 1/4 speed in honey to make a timer more compact. (Side note I'm pretty sure that they fly for 1 minute and not up to 2700 blocks because those 2 can be different using water and honey)

What I did when I was really new to wiring is I used dart traps and teal pressure pads to make a custom time. I believe the dart is 45tiles/s and they fly for 1 minute. This is a little better because you can have a timing down to 1/45th of a second. Also, if you use bubbles to hold water or honey, the dart moves at half speed in water and 1/4 speed in honey to make a timer more compact. (Side note I'm pretty sure that they fly for 1 minute and not up to 2700 blocks because those 2 can be different using water and honey)

Yes, I have done the same. You should have a look at my Duck Hunt mini-game Duck Duck Dart. I use a lot of dart traps and honey to make a longer delay between each wave. Also I have another timing device that uses a dummy ghost engine which is 1/60 of a sec. That I plan to use in a map for something very soon. `;)

Back
Top Bottom