Tips for Expert Mode Skeletron Prime?

SolaR

Golem
I have melee Hallowed armor, Shadowflame Knife, Flying Knife, Megashark with crystal bullets, but as much as I've tried, I can't kill it, usually because I can't kill it before day. Any tips?

Some more info, I usually have access to 1 or 2 people at a time who are willing to help me, so should I solo him or multiplayer?

Do not challenge death itself when Prime is spinning. DON'T, trust me.

EDIT: Just noticed, your name is Metaknight, best user/10

Last edited:
If you're willing to grind for a bit, I REALLY like the Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows.

The arrows will also help clear his arms too, which will make the fight less chaotic.

That being said, it is hard and grindy to get, due to needing to find Hallow Mimics or making Hallow Mimics by placing a key of light(Which is made from 15 Souls of Light.) in an empty chess. (Not to mention, they are scary in expert mode with that damage and health boost.)

EDIT: You may also want to consider fishing for Ebonkoi and Hemopiranha so you can make wrath and rage potions respectively. You are going to need to make another world for either fish more than likely. Since Ebonkoi only spawn in Corruption biomes and Hemopiranha in Crimson.

I used megashark with crystal bullets. Make sure you're using full compliment of potions. Especially the fish specific ones, like the 10% damage reduction, the +crit % ect... , they are absolutely worth it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437407152,1437407083][/DOUBLEPOST]His armor drops A LOT if you kill all the arms. By default of using a megashark and crystal bullets I killed all the arms first, and he was like at like 2/5th his HP, then he dropped like a fly, just DODGE like a boss!

Got them, how exactly do you use them against it? I went up close with wings and got completely destroyed.
Take out the arms first, then the head is fairly easy.
Make sure to make a skybridge and put the nurses house on it.
When you get to 200 health go to the nurse and heal.

He said he had melee hallowed armor..
And this is expert mode m8.

I'm well aware this is Expert Mode. When it comes down to it, Daedalus Bow + Holy Arrows is a mech-killing machine since it's long-range and has great DPS, even with the Melee helmet. If anything, the Bangkoks are more dangerous to use because you're trading precious range for slightly higher DPS. The lower range means he's going to be hit more often, and since this is Expert Mode m8, every hit will deal loads of damage.

Kill the laser immediately. Ichor bullet megashark should suffice. It NEEDS to go down.

Once the laser is gone, focus the head with anything that does even decent to good damage. All the other limbs should be dodged. This should fix your problem of running out of time, and let's be honest, if you're able to last all night killing the arms in expert mode, you can dodge around them a while hitting his head. Ichor helps a ton, the +10 damage each hit is a godsend and Prime's head is immune to DoT's

Kill the laser immediately. Ichor bullet megashark should suffice. It NEEDS to go down.

Once the laser is gone, focus the head with anything that does even decent to good damage. All the other limbs should be dodged. This should fix your problem of running out of time, and let's be honest, if you're able to last all night killing the arms in expert mode, you can dodge around them a while hitting his head. Ichor helps a ton, the +10 damage each hit is a godsend and Prime's head is immune to DoT's

Came here to post this. Cursed bullets/ichor bullets. All you need is a platform arena and wings + spectre boots. Just run along it, kill the laser. The bomb arm won't work because of the platforms and the vice and saw can be jumped over. Just dodge and dash, shoot his head once you've killed the laser.

Came here to post this. Cursed bullets/ichor bullets. All you need is a platform arena and wings + spectre boots. Just run along it, kill the laser. The bomb arm won't work because of the platforms and the vice and saw can be jumped over. Just dodge and dash, shoot his head once you've killed the laser.
Followed your advice, rekt it so bad. Thanks!

did you try fishing The Seddler? that's an OP melee weapon in early hardmode bosses and it's also good against plantera and golem, go to the jungle put some blocks around you to protect yourself from turtles and derplings and start fishing. it may take a while though

did you try fishing The Seddler? that's an OP melee weapon in early hardmode bosses and it's also good against plantera and golem, go to the jungle put some blocks around you to protect yourself from turtles and derplings and start fishing. it may take a while though
If you look at the above post, I already did it. Second, it drops from Plantera now.

I easily defeated Skeletron Prime with a solid block platform about 6-8 blocks above a leveled surface, you just need to be under it spamming Holy Arrows with the Daedalus Stormbow and try to avoid the saw and other one. The laser can't hit you because it is a solid block platform and the bombs are also stopped. Oh, and don't forget potions : Regen, Iron, Rage (makes it quicker to kill him), some sort of food, archery and heartreach (with heart statues with one second timer). That should easily kill him within 1 in-game hr

Daedalus Stormbow combined with Magic Quiver make a deadly combination. It doesn't matter what type of Arrow you're using. Using it in Combination with the Megashark will help.

I'm assuming you have a suitable arena for the Mech bosses. Just a few more general tips.
  • Start exactly at 7:30pm ingame to allow yourself the most amount of time possible before Skeletron Prime transforms at Dawn.
  • Defense Buffs, Agility Buffs, and Regen Buffs
  • Wings + Lightning/Frostspark Boots
  • Shield of Cthulhu is highly recommended
  • Focus mostly on attacking the head, and try to dodge Skeletron Prime's limb attacks as best as possible
  • Have 500 Base Max HP (Since you've beaten the Destroyer, Life Fruit grows in the jungle now)
Hopefully this will help.

Back
Top Bottom