Tips for the Moon Lord

Am i a weakling?

• Yes, YOU CANT EVEN DEFEAT MOONLORD WITH BEETLE ARMOR AND A SOLAR ERUPTION!!!

• No, dont worry it happens to everyone every once in a while

• i dont give a crap

Results are only viewable after voting.
Call me a weakling if you want

Ive been reading most of the threads about moon lord and how to defeat him, and I failed everytime I try, so im just asking for some more tips, like arena, weapons ect

Ive been using

Wings
Celestial shell
Bundle of balloons
Lightning boots
Obsidian Shield (im unable to get the nazar for the ankh alt)

Beetle armor (shell)

Solar Eruption
Nebula blaze
Stardust Dragon
Vortex Beater (Venom Bullets)

Ironskin
Thorns
Regen
Pad Thai

Night, Blood Moon

Last edited:
Get different set of armor (shroomite is good for overall strong ranged class)
Use ufo
Vortex beater + chlor bullets
More potions (endurance, wrath, rage, even lifeforce if you can afford)
FOOD. ALWAYS CARRY FOOD

Strategy:
Fly diagonally, in a zigzag pattern (ufo has a bit higher speed diagonally). When he uses deathray attack, turn around him. Always shoot at middle eye if it's open, it opens quite rarely and has highest hp. You want to release true eyes together, they are stronger than normal eyes.

Alt strategy:
Build a looooooong arena with 2 rows of platforms 15 blocks apart, the top one should also have sometimes a row of 20 blocks. Don't even need wings but spectre boots are necessary. Shot the eyes and hide under blocks while he makes a deathray. You can place a house with nurse just under the middle of arena.

Alternately, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1470006715 this is my arena cover I designed after one I saw someone else had used for fighting Moon Lord. Solar Eruption was most of what I used to fight him in there; teleporter goes to my nurse who's a decent enough distance away that I could TP over, heal, and TP back and not endanger her. The heart statues help, so if you have one (or many), consider it a needful thing. The campfire and heart lamps help with passive health recovery too, when they are able to. Solid roof in the middle protects from his laser, so your main worries are projectiles and the loose eyes when you break them free.
I'd also suggest dropping the bundle of baloons and boots for like, a charm of myths and an emblem of some sort (Warrior, Avenger, Destroyer, or the Mechanical Glove or Fire Gauntlet), and possibly replace that obsidian shield (or obsidian ankh if you get that nazar you're missing) with another of the emblems; I doubly suggest my accessory tweaks if you're gonna farm a UFO, and if you're gonna take my cover suggestion as something to use, as you won't need the extra jumps or speed if you're mostly stationary.

The Nazar can be easily obtained by AFK farming in a pure-hardmode dungeon.
All you need is a full set of chlorophyte armor. Go into the dungeon and put yourself in a little box. Make sure there’s lots of space above your head so the leaf crystal can do its job.

Beetle Armor Set
Celestial Shell
Regen Items *The one that lowers potion time*(name?)
Warding on all items
Solar Eruption
Partial Honey Submersion
(To prevent Knockback, Hook in to the wall)
Heart Lamp
Campfire
Heart Statues (Max 5)

Druid close to arena
*Even easier, have the Nurse in your arena. Just heal at 1/2 life. The nurse will not die, even on Expert Mode. Even in expert mode I still use the Solar Eruption to beat him.

I can post a photo when I get home.

Call me a weakling if you want

Ive been reading most of the threads about moon lord and how to defeat him, and I failed everytime I try, so im just asking for some more tips, like arena, weapons ect

Ive been using

Wings
Celestial shell
Bundle of balloons
Lightning boots
Obsidian Shield (im unable to get the nazar for the ankh alt)

Beetle armor (shell)

Solar Eruption
Nebula blaze
Stardust Dragon
Vortex Beater (Venom Bullets)

Ironskin
Thorns
Regen
Pad Thai

Night, Blood Moon

just got a ufo and nearly died many times
[doublepost=1549830062,1549829886][/doublepost]btw I love how you guys dont vote for yes you are a weakling, and that one vote is me...
[doublepost=1549830234][/doublepost]tho you are treating me like a noob explaining what a campfire does lol
[doublepost=1549830389][/doublepost]
Alternately, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1470006715 this is my arena cover I designed after one I saw someone else had used for fighting Moon Lord. Solar Eruption was most of what I used to fight him in there; teleporter goes to my nurse who's a decent enough distance away that I could TP over, heal, and TP back and not endanger her. The heart statues help, so if you have one (or many), consider it a needful thing. The campfire and heart lamps help with passive health recovery too, when they are able to. Solid roof in the middle protects from his laser, so your main worries are projectiles and the loose eyes when you break them free.
I'd also suggest dropping the bundle of baloons and boots for like, a charm of myths and an emblem of some sort (Warrior, Avenger, Destroyer, or the Mechanical Glove or Fire Gauntlet), and possibly replace that obsidian shield (or obsidian ankh if you get that nazar you're missing) with another of the emblems; I doubly suggest my accessory tweaks if you're gonna farm a UFO, and if you're gonna take my cover suggestion as something to use, as you won't need the extra jumps or speed if you're mostly stationary.
that's a risky yet beautiful arena, ima try that once I get all of those heart statues

Last edited:
Are you playing normal or Expert mode?

On normal mode he's kind of a joke, here's how you beat him every single time:

Make yourself a little cage suspended in the air. Make sure you have a layer of solid blocks above you to block his sweeping eye laser.

Now, sit in a pool of honey, and also put a campfire and a heart lantern near yourself. You should use the Beetle Armor (with Shell for max defense), the Celestial Shell, Charm of Myths, Worm Scarf, and any of the following: Warrior Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, or you can use Paladin's Shield or Flesh Knuckles for even more defense. Reforge all your accessories to Warding if possible. If you are missing any of the items I mentioned, don't worry, you don't need every single one of them, but you should have around 90-100 defense. Note that you are sitting in a box, so you don't need any mobility items such as wings, boots, or mounts! So maximize that defense, followed by attack!

Buffs: Lifeforce Potion, Endurance Potion, Ironskin Potion, Regeneration potion, and a food item. If you don't have all of these, again, don't worry, you don't need every single one, but try to use as many of these as you have. The food item you should always have since it's so easy to get some kind of food.

Strategy: you are simply going to sit in your box and tank his hits and stab at him with the Solar Eruption. You will have so much defense and health regeneration that the nurse is completely unnecessary. The only thing you must pay attention to is that you must not kill his hand eyes too quickly, or else they will turn into the invincible True Eyes of Cthulhu which are a major pain in the :red:. Instead, try to kill all 3 of his eyes at around the same time to minimize the time the True Eyes of Cthulhu can damage you. Once all 3 eyes are defeated, stab at his heart furiously until he dies. With all of your buffs you will kill him faster than he kills you.

This method requires close to zero skill and can be used over and over to farm him. Enjoy!

Are you playing normal or Expert mode?

On normal mode he's kind of a joke, here's how you beat him every single time:

Make yourself a little cage suspended in the air. Make sure you have a layer of solid blocks above you to block his sweeping eye laser.

Now, sit in a pool of honey, and also put a campfire and a heart lantern near yourself. You should use the Beetle Armor (with Shell for max defense), the Celestial Shell, Charm of Myths, Worm Scarf, and any of the following: Warrior Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, or you can use Paladin's Shield or Flesh Knuckles for even more defense. Reforge all your accessories to Warding if possible. If you are missing any of the items I mentioned, don't worry, you don't need every single one of them, but you should have around 90-100 defense. Note that you are sitting in a box, so you don't need any mobility items such as wings, boots, or mounts! So maximize that defense, followed by attack!

Buffs: Lifeforce Potion, Endurance Potion, Ironskin Potion, Regeneration potion, and a food item. If you don't have all of these, again, don't worry, you don't need every single one, but try to use as many of these as you have. The food item you should always have since it's so easy to get some kind of food.

Strategy: you are simply going to sit in your box and tank his hits and stab at him with the Solar Eruption. You will have so much defense and health regeneration that the nurse is completely unnecessary. The only thing you must pay attention to is that you must not kill his hand eyes too quickly, or else they will turn into the invincible True Eyes of Cthulhu which are a major pain in the :red:. Instead, try to kill all 3 of his eyes at around the same time to minimize the time the True Eyes of Cthulhu can damage you. Once all 3 eyes are defeated, stab at his heart furiously until he dies. With all of your buffs you will kill him faster than he kills you.

This method requires close to zero skill and can be used over and over to farm him. Enjoy!
k ill somehow get the 100 defence you suggested, I got all of those items except for the flesh knuckles and worm scarf, just get some money and get the warding, some potions ect

I took a screenshot of my (extremely simple) Moon Lord farming set-up. Try to get something similar to this. Mine is in space, but you don't have it make it so high. Slightly above ground is okay too. Make your honey pool small so that knockback doesn't smack you around and disrupt your damage dealing (or you can use Ankh Shield to prevent knockback, but personally I don't care about knockback too much).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/77jmbb61qhg1iau/20190218161633_1.jpg

Just make a long pathway in the sky made of platforms and use the unicorn mount to pick off his eyes from a distance - heart lanterns and campfires are optional. Make your spawnpoint a drop off to the beginning of the platform with a nurse ready to save your butt if things get hairy. Grobeman showed off this strategy in one of his videos, you should totally check it out. It's not perfect(The big F.U. Laser can still hit you), but it worked for me after nearly pulling all my hair out in my second normal mage run. Clor bullets are always recommended, but Nebula Blaze should be enough.

If you're using melee weapons, try using one's that are more likely to hit the target. If you're using ranged, try using one's that are more likely to also hit the target combined with arrows that are likely to swarm the target with attacks.
Also, one thing that I realized is that if you're so far away from the Moonlord that only half of his body is visible and keep it like that, The true eyes of Cthulhu's attacks will eventually not be able to hit you due to the fact that they are slower than the Moonlord.

just killed it, gonna try the other techniques

upload_2019-2-22_8-2-43.png

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom