Tips to improve these stairs?

Taxrok

Terrarian
Anyone have any idea how to improve these ladders or rework them and still look good? I am constantly changing blocks but can't find how to solve it. I need that "weird" stairs cause the terrain was too elevated.

Stairsproblem.png

Thanks.

Anyone have any idea how to improve these ladders or rework them and still look good? I am constantly changing blocks but can't find how to solve it. I need that "weird" stairs cause the terrain was too elevated.

Thanks.
Either make the block only be their, and find someway to eat a wall to look like a platform sort of, or you could use rich mahogany wall to outline the platforms to help not notice the platform missing

Thanks for your answer. I try but for the pillars I choose, it doesn't look like I want. Then, I remember that some stairs can look like a -what is the name in english? Railing or Banister?- so, I think it doesn't look bad, it's the best look I can get (I think). I'll keep improving the appearence anyway.

Stairssolve.png

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer. I try but for the pillars I choose, it doesn't look like I want. Then, I remember that some stairs can look like a -what is the name in english? Railing or Banister?- so, I think it doesn't look bad, it's the best look I can get (I think). I'll keep improving the appearence anyway.

View attachment 282257
Honestly, I like this look better! Well done.

You're not going to like my answer. To fix that, if it were mine, I would shift the beginning of the stairs one over. The bottom row moves to the left one, while the 2nd moves to the right one. This will allow another flat platform at the end of the stairs so you can walk up them fine without using jump.

Basic rule of thumb I always use is to leave a 2 space gap before the beginning of the stairs and, leave at least 1 space before a wall at the top of the stairs. Right at the end of the incline you add another platform that goes horizontal with the new floor.

Another is to have at least 6 platforms above the rising of stairs. This will allow you to walk up and down even when on some mounts.

You're not going to like my answer. To fix that, if it were mine, I would shift the beginning of the stairs one over. The bottom row moves to the left one, while the 2nd moves to the right one. This will allow another flat platform at the end of the stairs so you can walk up them fine without using jump.

Basic rule of thumb I always use is to leave a 2 space gap before the beginning of the stairs and, leave at least 1 space before a wall at the top of the stairs. Right at the end of the incline you add another platform that goes horizontal with the new floor.

Another is to have at least 6 platforms above the rising of stairs. This will allow you to walk up and down even when on some mounts.

Hi, doesn't matter if I need to rework the stairs, my goal is to every thing I build (or took from others users, who inspired me also) to look good. So thank you. Anyway, maybe is for my middle understand of english, but I don't get at all the first paragraph, can you show me an example how they should look?

At the moment, this is more or less how I left the stairs. I think I can add/change some things
example2.png

Sorry for the first paragraph I was struggling to explain it using words. See picture below. It's crude in that I used copy/paste in MS Paint to get the idea across. Notice how I added an additional platform (circled in red)? This will allow you to walk up and down the stairs normally and, in my opinion, makes things look a little nicer. Note: The picture below is just to emphasize the extra platform. Everything else was just copied and pasted so you may want it different

Untitledssssss.png

If you decide to do this with both levels you'll have to move the lower one(only the area below the 2nd stairs) over first to the left by 2 spaces. Then the second level to the left by 1 space.

If you decide to do this with both levels you'll have to move the lower one(only the area below the 2nd stairs) over first to the left by 2 spaces. Then the second level to the left by 1 space.

Sorry for the late answer. I saw your reply and do what you say, it looks good, I think both ways can be valid, but yes, it seems to look better.

Anyway I can't show how it looks because I'm re-doing my buildings again now that I find the existence of Pylons (I came back to the game cause 1.4 update). That means I can do house-themed for each NPC in differents biomes, like mini-towns. I'll create a new post to get ideas for each NPC. My first build is the desert with the Dye Trader, Arms Dealer and Steampunker.

Notes: Not finished. These buildings are copy and/or inspired by Khaios builds and looking through "Google Images"
desertbiome.png

Back
Top Bottom