Tips, Tricks, and Advice thread!

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
On this thread, you can post any little tips, tricks, or advice for playing Terraria.

My tip is that when you are first fighting the Eater of Worlds get a sword that does a decent amount of damage and autoswings. Then, just stand right where the EoW comes at you and smack its head with the sword. If successful, you should kill off its body parts in one big streak.

Share your tips down below!

Ooh, good idea!

Before you get into hardmode, get lots of wood(or clay), and dig holes four or more blocks wide all the way down to the underworld on both sides of the jungle. That way, when hardmode comes, you don't have to worry about spreading issues later on. To help this, don't break any altars, just go fishing to get the HM ores.

I think that's it for now.:merchantsigh:

Using the Daedalus Stormbow with holy arrows and a platform far enough off the ground you can just stay still and shoot arrows at the Destroyer without really worrying about anything, the hailstorm of stars and arrows will do massive damage to the boss and kill any probes that come off it.

Not sure how well-known this one is, but if you're interested in getting into the jungle temple early, you can hook up a few actuators to some wire and a switch and walk right in without a key.

Before fighting the moon events, build a safe house a decent distance underground (at least deep enough that the music changes), and connect teleporters between it and your arena. Put a bed inside and set your spawn to it before starting the event. You can also house the nurse there, or HP regenerating structures such as a campfire, heart lantern, and honey pool. This way if you die during the event you'll have a moment to regain your bearings, rather than be repeatedly spawnkilled by Pumpking's and Mourning Wood's wall piercing attacks as they murder every single NPC in your base, which you are unable to escape because you thought building it fifty feet in the air would keep you safe, but now seven Mourning Woods are camping on the other end of the teleporter pad out. true story
You can also put some chests in there to store event loot.

Last edited:
Iterating on Holy Arrow, even though it seems weaker than other arrows, it doesn't trigger temporary invincibility frames (iframes) on enemies and the stars that come down to do extra damage are around the same damage as both the arrow and the bow you shot it with. This is amplfiied by the use of the chlorophyte shotbow and deadlaus stormbow, provided all arrows connect with the shotbow, or most with the stormbow -- as the resulting stars will grant extra damage.

In fact, in one of my plays which allows me to use bows, a T3 repeater with holy arrows in the right situation does more damage to the Destroyer than a jester arrow, as you can sacrifice some positioning for max precision and segment hits and deal with probes better.

Any ammo that explodes on impact can affect a small radius - useful for worms and wyverns. Even more so with explosive bullets as there's no iframes trigger.

That being said, jester arrows and a multiple-shot bow are useless. Same applies to hellfire arrows (you only get one arrow's worth of damage). Chlorophyte arrows might be subject to the same criteria, and possibly unholy arrows.

Not sure how well-known this one is, but if you're interested in getting into the jungle temple early, you can hook up a few actuators to some wire and a switch and walk right in without a key.
Triple hammered platforms>>>all, they're nice and easy.

Don't die.

Okay, seriously, here's a real tip:
Edit your cursor in the Options menu! The default can be difficult to find in hectic battles. I find applying a white border helps me find the cursor a bit easier.

Avoid fall damage with bottle accessories! If you need to get down from a high place, just jump down and right before you hit the ground, use your double jump and you will land safely.

Avoid fall damage with bottle accessories! If you need to get down from a high place, just jump down and right before you hit the ground, use your double jump and you will land safely.
Avoid fall damage with wings!

Actually, here is a pro tip: destroy first the pillar of your class, then the summoner one and then the others.

On this thread, you can post any little tips, tricks, or advice for playing Terraria.

My tip is that when you are first fighting the Eater of Worlds get a sword that does a decent amount of damage and autoswings. Then, just stand right where the EoW comes at you and smack its head with the sword. If successful, you should kill off its body parts in one big streak.

Share your tips down below!
Can i give tricks like infinite money or fast money earning tricks?

Sure, anything goes!
If that's it then my trick is about Defender Medals to Gold Coins.
What you need:
Tavernkeep Npc
What you need to do:
Create alt characters with names that are short(like the letter "a".Decide how many characters can be created(this is because you will be pressing the eternia crystal button from the tavernkeep).One character is equal to 1 gold coin(this is because you will be buying the tier 1 rod (any rods) and sell them) you can do this everytime IF Tavernkeep isnt dead .
Also,Make sure your created characters can reach tavernkeep because they have low jump than your original character.

You can get the Water Bolt extremely early on if a dungeon generates correctly. To search it out, go down into the dungeon as far as you can go and break all the books on the shelves. If one of these shelves contains a Water Bolt, you can then use that to kill Skeletron relatively ease.

How to mash Skeletron Primes face:
Golden shower
Onyx Blaster (ranged)
Meteor Staff (Mage, only works above ground)
Spray with the Shower to inflict the Ichor debuff
He now has practically no defence
KILL HIM LADS

Here’s an interesting Duke Fishron strategy that I found out. Basically, you need any armor type you want, a decent amount of mana, a Golden Shower, Vampire Knives, a pair of wings, and any other accessories you need with the warding and menacing modifiers.

When Duke emerges from the water, start flying right away since that gives you time to avoid damage. Use your Golden Shower until your mana runs out, then shoot him with the vampire knives until your mana runs out. This strategy let’s younlower his defense and gain your health at the same time. While doing these attacks, try to circle around Duke, since it’s harder to hit him that way.

Once he switches to his second phase, try to fly up as high as you can and then drop down repeatedly while attacking. This allows you to outrun most of his phase 2 attacks. Then kill him.

use actuators to toggle the blocks under the lizahrd altar, this breaks the altar and you can then place it above ground or in a farm making the fight much easier

In Hardmode, if you want to beat The Twins good wings (tier five wings or better), and armor (obviously) are the key. If you are having trouble it would be wise to finish the boss by targeting them one at a time, and perhaps building an arena to fly back to occasionally would help as well. Heart Lanterns, Campfires, and Heart statues are the way to go like in every other arena, but make sure this arena is big enough for the fight even if you have to flatten land for it. And if you are still having issues beat the other two first, they can both provide some excellent weapons, Destroyer can allow you to craft a Megashark after you fight him, and you can farm crystal shards in the Hallow, and buy musket balls to make crystal bullets. If you are a mage Crystal Storm is also an option, made with a spell tome,15 souls of light, and 20 crystal shards.
These are basic tips but can help with the fight a lot, and I'm sure these are suggested in most places as well.

Last edited:
Build your house some blocks above the ground or build it on a sky island.
Once you enter hardmode, wraiths will appear at knight and they can only move through solid blocks as if they were water.
With house located further above the ground, they won't be able to reach it and kill every npc.

Back
Top Bottom